[1.6.4] Cataclysm ModPack [HardCore, Post-Apocalyptic Survival]

Xile

Jul 29, 2019
Cataclysm
A ModPack Inspired by Fallout, The Walking Dead, and DayZ.

Official Server IP: 192.99.33.218:25566
Server is Raiding, Griefing, Factions. Enjoy!
A lot of time was spent trying to nail the theme, atmosphere, and feel of this pack and I hope it shows when you play it! :D
UFCJqTu.jpg

Pack Code:
WHITRI

Synopsis:

Cataclysm Is a hardcore apocalypse, zombie survival modpack. Prepare yourself for this is not a journey undertaken by the faint of heart or the weak. You will die, for that is something I can guarantee with absolute certainty, and you will die often if you aren't careful. In Cataclysm you will come across everything from streets packed with mobs, to meteors and tornadoes ravaging the landscape and replenishing ores. If you like eating cookies and playing hello kitty, then you best turn around now. Likewise if you are allergic to violence and despise any form of brutal mutliation, I again suggest you leave now. However, If you want a modpack that challenges even the best equipped players and enjoy hardcore survival and scavenging, well...then you've come to the right place.

Lore:
The Year is 2145, 200 years after the first atomic bomb was dropped on Hiroshima Japan in 1945. History repeats itself, and this is no exception. Nuclear war has wiped out nearly all of the human race leaving behind mostly irradiated corpses and mutated, blood thirsty creatures that were once humans. However not everyone was killed. Those few that survived what is referred to as "The Cataclysm" have begun to emerge from their bunkers and shelters to survey the skeleton of what was once humanity. Some are peaceful and strive to live peacefully among each other, while others are merciless bandits who kill anyone who gets in their way. Who will you be?

Main Features:
-Ores And Resources Are RARE! Iron Is Almost As Rare As Vanilla Diamond!
-Dynamic Weather System: Electric Storms And Tornadoes Ravage The Wasteland.
-Random Meteor Strikes and Meteor Showers Rain Down Fresh Ores
-Smarter And More Plentifull Zombies Roam In Packs
-Infernal Mobs Creates A Chance For Zombies To Spawn With Unique Attributes And Abilities
-Randomly Generated Weapon And Armor Stats: Never Own The Same Piece Of Gear.
-Wide Variety Of 3D Guns
-A variety of fitting tech mods like Resonant Induction.
-TF2 Sentries To Help Kill Mobs
-Defense Mod For Building More Mob Repellent Bases.
-Wasteland World Generator for SP And Apocalypse City World For SMP
-Player And Weapon Stats And Leveling: Kill Mobs With The Same Type Of Weapon To Increase Your Damage With It
-Unique Pillars That Grant Varied Abilites
-Thirst System
-Endless Loot!

Mod List:
BackTools;
BetterStorage;
CalclaviaCore;
CodeChickenCore;
CoFHCore;
ComputerCraft;
DamageIndicators;
Defense;
DragonAPI;
EmasherResource;
ExtraTiC;
Flans Mod;
IchunUtil;
InfernalMobs;
Inventory Tweaks;
Keithy Utils;
Lava Monster;
Mine&Blade BattleGear2;
Mekanism;
Metallurgy;
MeteorCraft;
MobAmputation;
NEI;
Rei Minimap;
Resonant Induction;
RottenFleshToLeather;
TinkersConstruct;
TF2 Sentry;
Thermal Expansion;
TheYouWillDieMod;
ThirstMod;
UECore;
WastelandMod;
WeaponMod;
WeatherMod;
WR-CBE;
Zombie Awareness;

ServerFile: https://bitbucket.org/Xile/cataclysm/downloads/CataclysmServer.zip

It includes a plugins folder with plugins in it, as well as the server properties, spigot.yml, bukkit.yml etc. This is because I've tweaked these all to give the proper experience. However things like view distance etc can be changed. The plugins that I've included are not all mandatory however some are. Cityworld is vital and should not be removed under any circumstances. Essentials is optional however I figure most people add it so I included it. I've included clear lagg configured to make sure the mobs don't build up which can happen. Monster Apocalypse is essential. It tweaks the mob spawns more than I can do with a mod. Random Spawn adds a DayZ like feel to it but is optional.

TickThreading Version Coming Soon!

This is my first FTB Pack, and I truly hope you enjoy it. Mutant creatures is planned to be added if I can obtain permissions. Please post bugs, questions, suggestions, ideas, and feedback!

Not Hard Enough?!?! Well...just post in the comments and I can tell you how to easily ramp up your difficulty for servers. I may eventually upload a Separate "UltraHardCore Edition" ServerFile pre configured to be crazy hard.
kLR5hrh.jpg

Last edited:

Banjomarx

Jul 29, 2019
rarely do i find a pack that has so much thought put into it, and so well arranged as to eliminate bugs and other problems, i am also deeply impressed with the balancing put into the pack and the ways in which the creator has managed to cut down on exploiting and people getting overly comfortable, without making the game feel like a waste of time to play. Truly Cataclysm strikes the perfect balance btween fun and difficulty to give u a mod pack u wont soon get bored of.

Reactions: Xile

Xile

Jul 29, 2019
Lol, I'm not too sure what u r saying beyond that its not hard and sucks xD. But, the real difficulty is if u play on the server. Because the server has much higher mob spawning rates and smarter am which makes it harder. Also u need to make sure you set your world to wasteland world if u play single player.

Last edited:

fowlj

Jul 29, 2019
What does 'much higher' entail precisely when I have literal hundreds of zombies camped outside the building I'm staying in every night in single player? That's a bunch of zombies.

I'm liking the pack, overall, though a couple things about the resource pack bug me and I'm planning to use a custom structures mod to increase the variety of ruins in the world since I find like, the same couple repeated over and over again. That's a gripe with the wasteland world gen in general though, it's a little lacking in variety as far as I'm concerned. Nice work, I'm looking forward to getting a bit further in the pack and seeing how things go.

Xile

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks man! I'm glad the zombies are plentiful in SP too! I'll definitely be adjusting the values according to feedback. And Yea if you find a good ruins generator let me know plz! That's a big difference for the server. It utilizes a way better world gen which you can see in the first picture on this page. I'll be trying to get a server up one of these days :) it's really a lot more dynamic on the server. If you want to see how it is. You can download the server file above and host it locally and connect to it with the IP local host if you want to see the world gen and whatnot. Anyways glad to get some feedback! Thanks!

Busi

Jul 29, 2019
seems good so far, just having a problem with thirst. can't find a way to get something to drink >.<

Xile

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks! The easiest ways, in my experience, to get water is with one of those drink vendor things or with a rain collector. Hope it helps :)

Xile

Jul 29, 2019
The exact block is called a drinks store. Sorry just checked. Basically allows you to purchase drinks for coins. To craft coins u simply put a gold nugget in the top left of crafting grid :). Hope this helps! Its ID is 3507 and its a marble looking block. Takes 7 nether quartz, 1 glass pane and a piston. You should be able to get quartz from certain meteors.

Busi

Jul 29, 2019
The exact block is called a drinks store. Sorry just checked. Basically allows you to purchase drinks for coins. To craft coins u simply put a gold nugget in the top left of crafting grid :). Hope this helps! Its ID is 3507 and its a marble looking block. Takes 7 nether quartz, 1 glass pane and a piston. You should be able to get quartz from certain meteors.
Yeah had a nether meteor land 2 blocks behind my shelter xD

Gold is a bigger problem.

Xile

Jul 29, 2019
XD maybe u will find a meteor with gold. I might add starting inventories to make u start with tools and a drink or two

Busi

Jul 29, 2019
good idea.

just had a ore meteor land and when ever i get close it talks to me "Hello, Help, Thank you"[DOUBLEPOST=1400888437][/DOUBLEPOST]Also in the server pack edit clearlagg config with
auto-update: false or it will update first time you run the server and then it will disable it self due to wrong version

Xile

Jul 29, 2019
Oooo thank you I did not notice that! Please let me know what your thoughts are on the server experience vs the so experience

Busi

Jul 29, 2019
haven't tried the SP yet, just playing on a self hosted server ^^

i perfer to get the server and just throw it up on my dedi ^^ and play there

something else i though of was a "Lore" book in the starter kit, i made it from the Lore here on the page if you wanan use it with essentials.

in Essentials folder there is a file called book just paste this in and add this to the starter kit "if using essentials for starter kit"
Code:
writtenbook 1 title:&4Cataclysm_Lore author:Xile lore:The_Story book:Lore
that will give a book with this as tooltip with the lore in. "maby remove the Lore in the name so instead of &4Cataclysm_Lore just &4Cataclysm"
Lore.jpg

the book.txt file code is

Code:
#Lore
The Year is 2145, 200 years after the first atomic bomb was dropped on Hiroshima Japan in 1945. History repeats itself, and this is no exception.
&f
&f
&f
&f
&f
Nuclear war has wiped out nearly all of the human race leaving behind mostly irradiated corpses and mutated, blood thirsty creatures that were once humans. However not everyone was killed.
&f
&f
Those few that survived what is referred to as "The Cataclysm" have begun to emerge from their bunkers and shelters to survey the skeleton of what was once humanity.
&f
&f
&f
Some are peaceful and strive to live peacefully among each other, while others are merciless bandits who kill anyone who gets in their way. Who will you be?

also folder
NoLagg
mcore
WorldEdit
itemRestrict
could be removed from the plugins folder to clean it up a bit ^^

Last edited:

Xile

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks man! U have been big help! I've actually considered doing that for the book then I forgot xD. What do you think of the server world gen? How about the zombie spawn rate. Also thanks for pointing those extra folders out! Totally forgot to remove them O_O

Xile

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm........I can't check ATM but I would imagine if u dig down a bit there should be some....is one of those things I never really paid attention to lol

Busi

Jul 29, 2019
Don't seems to be anything.
Sand top layer, sandstone 2nd layer and then just stone.