[1.6.4] Cataclysm ModPack [HardCore, Post-Apocalyptic Survival]

Xile

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmmmm I'll have to check out the dirt thing when I get home then. Also exnihlio seems interesting. I'll have to look into it a bit more :) thanks for the suggestion! Another suggestion I've gotten is rival rebels.

fowlj

Jul 29, 2019
Ex Nihlo I think would be difficult to get balanced with the pack. I still haven't tried the server world gen yet, but the wasteland is full of dirt, which is easy to sift for saplings, grass seeds, and other resources that I'm pretty sure aren't meant to be so easy to obtain. Ore is similarly easy to get through sifting gravel.

The mod has a lot of things that would be interesting in a survival world, of course, but being designed for skyblock maps it isn't exactly balanced for them and I don't think it can be configured easily or changed by minetweaker?

Xile

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmmm good points. Whats the consensus on the current zombie spawning rates?

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anyway to get dirt?
Just a wild ass guess. The look of the ruined cities reminds me of the world gen used by a server i used to play on with tekkit, called TheMiningDead. They used an older mod called Mortuus Terra to create a world of sand and sandstone with ruined cities. Not quite the same look as this, but close. Some courtyards have dead trees in them, in the courtyard with 5 trees, you sometimes found dirt under the middle tree. Later on it was randomly scattered in the ground along with water blocks, but very,very rare. We ate a lot of zombie.

Last edited:

Xile

Jul 29, 2019
Yea they probably used a combo of this plugin and mortuus Terra. I almost used mortuus Terra but it was outdated and the city world plugin was able to handle everything I wanted.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, It was an older mod, wish they had kept upkeeping it. Skuli did a lot of coding to keep TheMiningDead up and running, and it evolved quite a bit over time.

Xile

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks man! And no worries. We are brand new! There's plenty of time. And it should only get better and better! One day we can maybe even be a default FTB pack if we get big enough! :D

XenosLastStand

Jul 29, 2019
good idea.

just had a ore meteor land and when ever i get close it talks to me "Hello, Help, Thank you"[DOUBLEPOST=1400888437][/DOUBLEPOST]Also in the server pack edit clearlagg config with
auto-update: false or it will update first time you run the server and then it will disable it self due to wrong version
lol that was a spider talking to you.

Xile

Jul 29, 2019
I recommend adding shaders and using sonic ethers ultimate motion blur shaders. It really increases the immersion. If possible I will try and add that into an update. Not sure if FTB let's me package that or not though.

Xile

Jul 29, 2019
Also I realized after I had already submitted this to FTB that I forgot to unzip dynamic lights mod XD so its not actually in yet Lol. Massive fail on my part that will be fixed next update :)

Xile

Jul 29, 2019
What you mean? :p. Its weapons and tools are both useful! Though I would say that the tools are more useful due to the fact that u need to mine a lot more due to scarcity of ores

Reactions: XenosLastStand

XenosLastStand

Jul 29, 2019
Right, but it seems the weapons you get as drops will almost always do more damage than the TinCon weapons. But then again I haven't used anything stronger than iron in TinCon yet. I am still figuring out the mods. lol

Xile

Jul 29, 2019
Ah I c :p. I added a mod to allow tinkers construct to work with metallurgy ores. So that allows you to make even more customized weapons. Also cleavers can be very powerful. I plan on writing up a survival guide with some good tips for starting and an explanation of some of the less know features. For instance the you will die mod. You may have noticed how armors and weapons have sub names. "Broken iron sword" etc and a level with a bonus stat. The more you use the same type of weapon .IE iron swords, you will notice it will tell you that you level up and do more damage with them. Also you can level up crafting them which allows you to make higher tier versions. For example a "pristine" version rather than a "broken" version.

XenosLastStand

Jul 29, 2019
I look forward to that guide. :D I've been attempting to pick up what I can just from google and experimentation, but there should really be a sort of in-game progression book. Kinda like the one from Agrarian Skies...Or maybe I'm just spoiled. lol Wait, so the more you use a certain weapon, the better the chance of crafting a new one? Or the more you craft a certain weapon the better you get at it?

Xile

Jul 29, 2019
The more u use a certain type of weapon to kill the better u get with that type of weapon. It will tell u in char when u level up :). Likewise the more u craft a certain type of weapon the more u level up the crafting skill for that kind of weapon and the more likely you are to craft a higher tier version :). Also I will probably add in books in game with a starting inventory mod :)