[1.6.4] Cataclysm ModPack [HardCore, Post-Apocalyptic Survival]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Had you thought of using Grief Prevention plugin instead of factions? It doesn't seem to have many ways to get through it's protection. It also has a couple of interesting mechanics. Players start with only a small area, small as a 10x10. This grows in relation to their game time. So the longer you are on the server, the larger an area you have protected. I don't think it has a /home option, not sure. Not having /home and /f home would be better for game play I think. As it stands now you can always head back to your base with /f home, and then set another point for what you are working on. If mining just tp back and forth between mines, etc. Far less likely to encounter zombies. Just one /home options makes the world far less easy to get around.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, send me a pm if you want help with quests or building. Got interupted while talking when a thunderstorm hit and knocked out power.

Taking a break on the server. Theirs a bit too many dicks on the server right now. With TPA, and the extra sethome, plus jetpacks, and being able to be doubleteamed and killed on your own faction land, it's a bit much.

Xile

Jul 29, 2019
Sure you can help with quests if you would like! The only issue is that I would need to update the pack first before you could do that because of new mods and what not.

Xile

Jul 29, 2019
It should be up all the time. The way it works is it sleeps when nobody is on for awhile. So what you do is just connect to it once. Then wait about 1 minute and join it again. What it does is when someone joins it and its sleeping it starts it up. So it takes 35seconds or so to do that. Let me know if that does not work

Reactions: Kyouko_KoNeko

Aizen2256

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe you could add either randomly spawning books with "logs" from people who were alive before the 'player' arrives; or a quest that entails finding such logs.

it adds a more post-apocalyptic feel to a single player game; just an idea for a quest on the server.

Last edited:

Xile

Jul 29, 2019
Yea I'm working on more ways to add lore. And I'm considering enviromine :) I've been testing it. It might be a bit too much. Especially the heat part since it uses biomes but the terrain is custom regardless of biomes s u may be in the mountains where there's snow but its technically a desert biome so you heat up :/

Aizen2256

Jul 29, 2019
Quite an interesting conflict, though it might be because the sperate mod developers weren't planning for their mods to be used in tandem with other environmental mods, I could be wrong but it's always a possibility.

Xile

Jul 29, 2019
Yea I'm sure that's the issue. What would be cool is if it functioned off of the sun, light levels and altitude. So if you are in the beating sun at like 100 blocks high you will heat up but if you are in the sun on a top of a mountain maybe you won't warm up. Or if its hot and you go in a cave in the shade you cool down etc.

Aizen2256

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, you could suggest it to them and maybe they'll add it in a future update, unless it's been abandoned or the only updates they do is minor bug fixes. Other than that, it's quite an interesting idea you're pitching.

Xile

Jul 29, 2019
I'm planning on adding galacticraft so you will be able to escape to the moon or mars. But you will have to still return down to the earth to get resources

0CTR

Jul 29, 2019
Cant seem to connect. Tried both the IP on the previous page and the one on the front page. Front page doesn't reach a sever, previous page times out.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Skuli did a custom nether for mining dead with used the same overworld generation. The nether was similar the very ruined city up top, but it was floating on interconnected islands with the ores in the islands, mostly on the lower part. Mining was diffucult. Down low was an endless plain of netherrack and lava, but fairly level. Outcroppings like wierd altars is where you found the glowstone. It worked well with the ruined overworld, sort of like that was the next stage of the apocalypse.

Xile

Jul 29, 2019
Cant seem to connect. Tried both the IP on the previous page and the one on the front page. Front page doesn't reach a sever, previous page times out.
The second IP is the correct one. However after connecting the first time. Wait about a minute and connect again. Its in sleep mode and the first connection wakes it. That should work

0CTR

Jul 29, 2019
The second IP is the correct one. However after connecting the first time. Wait about a minute and connect again. Its in sleep mode and the first connection wakes it. That should work
I made several attempts to connect over the course of half an hour. Nothing.

Tried again today. Nothing.

Last edited: