1.5.1 Beta Pack-DIY Edition (now with 1.5.2)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I got pretty much all the mods I wanted running, except Metallurgy. ID Resolver doesn't seem to like Metallurgy.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
You know, I just realized.

FTB is no longer a ... ftb forum, it became a general modding forum. I'm sure that if the makers pushed for a mod marketplace then it could end well.
That's not really a bad thing =) To be fair, though, the FTB launcher still has a place, as evidenced by the people in this thread that are having problems. There's any number of issues that can happen when assembling packs of this size, which is why (one assumes) the official pack hasn't yet been released. A lot of us are just anxious to try out the shiny new changes. I was honestly surprised how lucky I got putting together my pack (if you can call it that), which is why this thread exists. If I'd run into half the problems I've had in the past, I would have said "screw it" and wait the extra week or so.

They're also going the extra mile and actually balancing the pack (eliminating duplicate ores, setting spawn levels/amounts, etc.) which I don't really care about in my little SSP experience. If I ran a server, however, I'd want that done, but wouldn't want to spend the time to do it myself.

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
You know, I just realized.

FTB is no longer a ... ftb forum, it became a general modding forum. I'm sure that if the makers pushed for a mod marketplace then it could end well.
Well, people are just progressing on this whole modding thing. First you get a pack with everything pre-configured for you, which is FTB; then you add/remove mods to customize it to your liking; and then you want to try even more new things (or don't want to wait for the pack to get updated), so you start building your own pack.

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
I'm stuck trying to get IC2, Thermal Expansion or Buildcraft to work. Even if they are the only one installed along with Forge 676, they just fail out.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
He shouldn't need a config pack for one mod :p Vaygrim, if you're using a fresh instance in MultiMC, installing Forge (then launching and closing MC) installing one of those mods and crashing, I'm worried you've got some corrupt files. Drastic, but I'd consider uninstalling MultiMC and reinstalling, (back up your old instances, of course). Also, consider, re-installing Java. You're not on a Mac, by chance, are you?

Reactions: Goggles998

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
He shouldn't need a config pack for one mod :p Vaygrim, if you're using a fresh instance in MultiMC, installing Forge (then launching and closing MC) installing one of those mods and crashing, I'm worried you've got some corrupt files. Drastic, but I'd consider uninstalling MultiMC and reinstalling, (back up your old instances, of course). Also, consider, re-installing Java. You're not on a Mac, by chance, are you?

Well I am downloading the latest release versions of mods from https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgnSLIUjIjLcdGtTcWRUWUxEODVBY0Q4N1FSV3dlRUE#gid=0, a Google Spreadsheet being maintained by the community here that is tracking latest releases. I think that the links in there are good, but I've got more than a dozen mods that I can't even run by themselves much less along side other mods. I'll go ahead and start redownloading them I guess?

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
Well I am downloading the latest release versions of mods from https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgnSLIUjIjLcdGtTcWRUWUxEODVBY0Q4N1FSV3dlRUE#gid=0, a Google Spreadsheet being maintained by the community here that is tracking latest releases. I think that the links in there are good, but I've got more than a dozen mods that I can't even run by themselves much less along side other mods. I'll go ahead and start redownloading them I guess?
You misunderstood, I doubt the mod files are corrupt, I'm more concerned about MultiMC and Java. Also, I asked about whether you were on a Mac, because from what I understand it's more picky about the Java version you have.

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
You misunderstood, I doubt the mod files are corrupt, I'm more concerned about MultiMC and Java. Also, I asked about whether you were on a Mac, because from what I understand it's more picky about the Java version you have.
I'm on Windows 7 64-bit. Since starting this whole fiasco I have downloaded and completely reinstalled Java 64-bit, didn't help at all. I have redownloaded the latest version of MultiMC, didn't help. Even tried different versions of Forge (676, 678, 673, the works). I just don't seem to have any luck. I then moved on to ID Resolver, and that allows me to get Natura and Tinker's Construct working at the same time. However trying Thermal Expansion alone (without anything else installed), or Buildcraft alone or even IC2 alone.. still crashes out. I think I'm just going to have to give up.

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
304 (edit: sorry!) and beyond are backwards compatible, so they work with old and new clients. Except for IC2 Crops. MFR handles it okay, but Gregtech doesn't. You need Gregtech 3.02c for that. Thanks to DoctorOr for helping me figure that out.

Does anyone have crops working in IC2 304? Do not test on a world you care about.

When I tried to use them for the first time in 1.5 and had to get mcedit to remove the crop block after placing it.

When i placed it on tilled land it errored out with:
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NoSuchFieldException: custumData
at ic2.core.network.NetworkManager.getFieldData(NetworkManager.java:628)
at ic2.core.network.NetworkManager.sendUpdatePacket(NetworkManager.java:340)
at ic2.core.network.NetworkManager.sendUpdatePacket(NetworkManager.java:333)
at ic2.core.network.NetworkManager.onTick(NetworkManager.java:81)
at ic2.core.IC2.tickStart(IC2.java:1205)

Virgoddess

Jul 29, 2019
I just realized that there has been no confirmation about Ars Magica being in the Ultimate pack. I just assumed it would be, but now I realize that was a dumb assumption.

I'm not getting my hopes up for tomorrow.

steelblueskies

Jul 29, 2019
EDIT:this was @ vaygrim. new posts while writing. note this list is mine and not exactly the same as bagmans.

y'know this may sound incredibly dumb of me to ask, but did you make sure the mods that were coremods went in coremods not mods? i've also had the "rebuilding jar constantly" you said hanging in the back of my head as a sign something might have been wrong from the get go.

ideally just taking a clean new instance of vanilla 1.5.1 into multimc, copying the clean vanilla instance and placing the most current forge in this second instances instmod folder, and all the specified mods in their respective folders, then simply starting it worked. it worked for me with 74 mods in a list that only slightly differs :s . ran into more problems doing the old one at a time adding them in due to blockid mismatches every other added mod. autoconfig seems to work surprisingly well for most of the tracked mods.(dimdoors is still stupid about its block assignments without intervention, and a rare few others.)

the one time i managed to get a security validation error i'd managed to copy codechickencore for 1.4.7 into the 1.5 instance instead of the 1.5 version.

my other bug came from enderstorages crashing when placed or looked at in the world. removed mods until that and nei were the only mods. then just chickencore and enderstorage only. had to remake the instance from scratch as some odd combination of the mfr version i'd had and the wrong mc versioned codechickencore had boned it permanently somehow.

i'm into the realm of curious as to just what has gone wrong here now. we could probably pass you a load of mods for the "pack" we know work in a drop in fashion(and calling it a private pack for distribution reasons), but i gather you want to learn this. actually hang on. use the link in the private conversation i started with you for the rar with all the mods at the correct version to match what is in the below spoiler. i'm doing it this way because some versions aren't available for download anymore. trying to exclude isues with minor version differences by starting with a known good setup.
Code:
absolutely clean mc 1.5.1 install. run once then close the game.

multimc> import existing minecraft folder.

multimc> make copy of selected instance created in previous step.

multimc view folder. in the instmod folder place:

minecraftforge-universal-1.5.1-7.7.1.674.zip

multimc> rebuild jar.

multimc> play. it will download some goodies for forge while installing forge.

once running it displays the mcp and forge version on the main screen close the game and move to the next step.

multimc>view folder.

download and place:

in mods folder:

appeng-rv10-h.zip
ArsMagica_5.50.010.zip
BiblioCraft[v1.1.6].zip
buildcraft-A-3.5.0.jar
ChickenChunks 1.3.2.5.jar
ComputerCraft1.52.zip
ee3-universal-pre1g.jar
EnderStorage 1.4.2.4.jar
extra-bees-1.6-pre3.jar
Factorization-0.7.37.jar
FlatBedrock-1.1.1-32.jar
forestry-A-2.1.2.33.jar
GenCreator 1.0.zip(you can skip this if you want)
GravityGun1.5.0v2.zip
iChunUtil1.0.0.zip
industrialcraft-2_1.115.304-lf.jar
InventoryTweaks-1.53.jar
ironchest-universal-1.5.1-5.2.4.384.zip
MineFactoryReloaded-2.5.1-624.jar
ModularPowersuits-0.6.0-422.jar
mod_AdvancedSolarPanels_3_3_6.zip
mod_zGraviSuite_1_9_1.zip
MPSA-0.2.2-93_MPS-422.jar
mystcraft-uni-1.5.1-0.10.3.00.zip
MystNEI-Plugin-1.2.zip
Natura_1.5.1_2.0.19.jar
NEIPlugins-1.0.7.3.jar
NetherOres-2.1.3-60.jar
obsidiplates-1.5.1-universal-1.3.2.11.jar
OmniTools-3.1.1.0.jar
PortalGun1.5.1.zip
PowerConverters-2.3.0B2-47.jar
StevesCarts2.0.0.a104.zip
TConstruct_1.5.1_1.3dev.23.jar
Thaumcraft3.0.4c.zip
thaumicbees-1.4.6.jar
ThermalExpansion-2.3.2.0.jar
ZansMinimap1.5.1.zip

in coremods folder:

CodeChickenCore 0.8.6.3.jar
CoFHCore-1.5.1.2.jar
NotEnoughItems 1.5.2.10.jar
PowerCrystalsCore-1.1.3-90.jar

when [U][B]all[/B][/U] the files are in place and not before, run the multimc instance. it should take a while to start while it builds the config folder for all the mods and does autoassign, but should start immediately. i've done it thrice now. if it doesn't work the problem lies somewhere strange indeed.

the only problem with the above set i'm aware of is some of the new thaumicbees added for ars magicka crash when viewed in flora-in-a-box, and the know extrabees issue with hives not spawning except around 0,0 on the map.

Virgoddess

Jul 29, 2019
That’s actually an awesome idea. I don't know programming at all but if mod devs met certain parameters for compatibility the launcher could be a mod "appstore" type shell.

There's actually a pack out there like this. They have a list of mods available and you choose what you want. Those they do NOT have permissions for, you can still select, then you have to download (the link to the proper adfly pops up through the launcher). It's actually a pretty cool set up.

Though I love FTB the very best.

Reactions: RedBoss

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone have a working version of the Forestry 2.2.0.0 download? I keep getting the following error despite the fact that I downloaded it direct from SirSengir's website...

2013-04-28 20:54:32 [SEVERE] [Forestry] forestry.Forestry failed validation. Halting runtime for security reasons. Please replace your mods with untampered versions from the official download sites.

Checking through my MultiMC logs, I am actually getting a LOT of similar "File failed verification, this mod file may be tampered with use at your own risk" kind of errors on several things. (Like EE3 and Mystcraft.) Wonder if it is supposed to be doing live 'online verifying' of these mod files and their authenticity or what?

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone have crops working in IC2 304? Do not test on a world you care about.

When I tried to use them for the first time in 1.5 and had to get mcedit to remove the crop block after placing it.

When i placed it on tilled land it errored out with:
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NoSuchFieldException: custumData
at ic2.core.network.NetworkManager.getFieldData(NetworkManager.java:628)
at ic2.core.network.NetworkManager.sendUpdatePacket(NetworkManager.java:340)
at ic2.core.network.NetworkManager.sendUpdatePacket(NetworkManager.java:333)
at ic2.core.network.NetworkManager.onTick(NetworkManager.java:81)
at ic2.core.IC2.tickStart(IC2.java:1205)

I can't actually find a DOWNLOAD link for that version of IC2, where did you find it?

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
Here: http://ic2api.player.to:8080/job/IC2_lf/

Which is found here: http://bot.notenoughmods.com/1.5.1.html

And yes, I'm using the newest version of Forestry with no issues. It sounds like you're having a hell of a time.

Well I am starting completely fresh. Erased and redownloaded MultiMC. Started a fresh new instance, started loading everything in one at a time, exiting back out and loading the next mod afterwards. Previously when I added a new mod, I'd go into the MINECRAFT.JAR and erase the META-INF folder, then I'd hit the "REBUILD JAR" button. This is where I discovered I was screwing crap up completely.

NOW.. I hit REBUILD JAR ..then erase META-INF afterwards, and things started to work. Unfortunately there are still 2 problem candidates that I can't get past... IC2 (304 or 305) and Ars Magicka, which just hates every other mod I have loaded. Everything else is finally started to line up.. except for those two.