1.5.1 Beta Pack-DIY Edition (now with 1.5.2)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I'm getting some memory leaks. Need to just step away for a while.

If there error is something like "[SEVERE] [ForgeModLoader] Detected leaking worlds in memory. There are 2 worlds that appear to be persisting. A mod is likely caching the world incorrectly", place a chunk loader in each world (nether, end and any mystcraft/twilight forest dimension you've created). Should solve it. If it's a more general memory leak, I got nothing :(

steelblueskies

Jul 29, 2019
inquiry: did enderstorage chests and tanks throw a raytrace crash when placing them on the ground for any of you? thought i had a stable setup until got deep enough in testing to make one. then boom.

second inquiry. how are you fellows recharging the powersuits without ic2 or ue???

rymmie1981

Jul 29, 2019
I am trying to get my own DIY-version of this working in MultiMC but I must be doing something wrong. Have all the mods installed.. setup MC 1.5.1 and as soon as I launch it and log in, Minecraft just crashes. The MultiMC console barely gets 10 lines in.

We can't help you without seeing the crash log. If it's really soon after launch, you probably didn't install a jar file correctly. But no one can be sure until we see the error message.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
inquiry: did enderstorage chests and tanks throw a raytrace crash when placing them on the ground for any of you? thought i had a stable setup until got deep enough in testing to make one. then boom.

second inquiry. how are you fellows recharging the powersuits without ic2 or ue???
No issues with enderchests or tanks here. And I've edited the original post several times, added IC2 a day or so ago =)

steelblueskies

Jul 29, 2019
hm must've flummoxed something then. argh. added ic2 as well, now that tc3 3.04c plus extrabees pre3 keep it from repeatedly asploding. i think i have something further than the enderstrage stuff borked as no ic2 energy storage seems to want to charge powersuit bits either. somehow i feel like this is what i get for being lazy and mainly just using the ftb prepacked packs instead of dong it myself for the last few months.

anywho thanks for the independent confirmation on that, helps me narrow down the cause quite a bit.

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
Loading jars...
Loading URL: file:/E:/Games/MultiMC/instances/1.5.1/minecraft/bin/minecraft.jar
Loading URL: file:/E:/Games/MultiMC/instances/1.5.1/minecraft/bin/lwjgl.jar
Loading URL: file:/E:/Games/MultiMC/instances/1.5.1/minecraft/bin/lwjgl_util.jar
Loading URL: file:/E:/Games/MultiMC/instances/1.5.1/minecraft/bin/jinput.jar
Loading natives...
java.lang.SecurityException: Invalid signature file digest for Manifest main attributes
at sun.security.util.SignatureFileVerifier.processImpl(Unknown Source)
at sun.security.util.SignatureFileVerifier.process(Unknown Source)
at java.util.jar.JarVerifier.processEntry(Unknown Source)
at java.util.jar.JarVerifier.update(Unknown Source)
at java.util.jar.JarFile.initializeVerifier(Unknown Source)
at java.util.jar.JarFile.getInputStream(Unknown Source)
at sun.misc.URLClassPath$JarLoader$2.getInputStream(Unknown Source)
at sun.misc.Resource.cachedInputStream(Unknown Source)
at sun.misc.Resource.getByteBuffer(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at MultiMCLauncher.main(MultiMCLauncher.java:157)
Minecraft exited with code 4.
Minecraft has crashed!
If I have only Forge (676) loaded and I add any of the following mods I get the above error: IC2, Inventory Tweaks, CodeChickenCore, PowerCrystal Core, EE3, BC, or Natura. This error and crash happens loading them solo with only Forge installed otherwise. That list of crashing mods represents 75% of the mods I've tried to get working with 1.5.1 under MultiMC. So far only Ars Magicka, NEI and Tinker's Construct seem to want to behave at all, as they are all cooperating together. Everything else bottoms out MC running even solo.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
Loading jars...
Loading URL: file:/E:/Games/MultiMC/instances/1.5.1/minecraft/bin/lwjgl_util.jar
Loading natives...
java.lang.SecurityException: Invalid signature file digest for Manifest main attributes
Minecraft has crashed!
If I have only Forge (676) loaded and I add any of the following mods I get the above error: IC2, Inventory Tweaks, CodeChickenCore, PowerCrystal Core, EE3, BC, or Natura. This error and crash happens loading them solo with only Forge installed otherwise. That list of crashing mods represents 75% of the mods I've tried to get working with 1.5.1 under MultiMC. So far only Ars Magicka, NEI and Tinker's Construct seem to want to behave at all, as they are all cooperating together. Everything else bottoms out MC running even solo.
That seems odd. Are you using the same versions of IC2, etc. as I list in the OP? If so, I'd try a fresh instance, load forge, launch MC, quit, load 1 mod, launch MC, rinse and repeat. If that doesn't solve it, perhaps try re-downloading the mods as they might be corrupt (although that happening with more than one seems unlikely). Good luck!

rymmie1981

Jul 29, 2019
Loading jars...
Loading natives...
Minecraft has crashed!

You have a corrupted jar. You should go into your instance folder and delete the bin folder entirely. Force MultiMC to redownload the game files, then click the 'rebuild jar' button everytime you add a jar mod or coremod. That should fix that specific problem. The only one of those mods I'm not running is IC2, but it shouldn't corrupt a jar file like that.

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
You have a corrupted jar. You should go into your instance folder and delete the bin folder entirely. Force MultiMC to redownload the game files, then click the 'rebuild jar' button everytime you add a jar mod or coremod. That should fix that specific problem. The only one of those mods I'm not running is IC2, but it shouldn't corrupt a jar file like that.
Wow, thanks! The instructions will definitely help!

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
Okay. I can get NEI, Forge, and CodeChickenCore loaded and working as a 'base'. I can then get this base working with either Ars Magicka or Tinker's Construct / Natura but not both at the same time... even after following your instructions. Hmm.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
I got them both working. Try adding in ID Resolver. It worked for me completely. Of course, I do have to wait an extra few minutes on startup for it to load all the saved IDs, but no matter.

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, I am steadily making progress. Adding mods in one by one, rebuilding the Jar constantly, etc. It's slow, but it is starting to work! That being said there are just a few mods that refuse to cooperate (like Ars Magicka, EE3, and Inventory Tweaks).

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
There are TONS of these mods I keep getting "java.lang.SecurityException: Invalid signature file digest for Manifest main attributes" errors on. MC crashes out immediately (same error as before). Is anyone else running into this "Invalid Signature File Digest" thing?

EDIT: GRR, now I'm trying to use ID Resolver and it is giving me GL Render Errors.

steelblueskies

Jul 29, 2019
There are TONS of these mods I keep getting "java.lang.SecurityException: Invalid signature file digest for Manifest main attributes" errors on. MC crashes out immediately (same error as before). Is anyone else running into this "Invalid Signature File Digest" thing?

EDIT: GRR, now I'm trying to use ID Resolver and it is giving me GL Render Errors.
not i, but pretty much every search result for the string you noted turns up people being told to delete vanilla meta-inf then start the forge bit. pretty sure a proper multimc import of vanilla with forge in the instmods should have done that on it's own though. are you using an old multimc, or anything else that might be non bog standard?

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
Forge 676, Latest version of MultiMC, Minecraft 1.5.1

Most of the time I am getting simply "Minecraft has stopped!" in the crash logs, so I'm not making any headway in how to iron this out. I think I'm going to take a break for a bit. Hopefully an early version of the 1.51 Beta pack will come out some time next week.

Virgoddess

Jul 29, 2019
If there error is something like "[SEVERE] [ForgeModLoader] Detected leaking worlds in memory. There are 2 worlds that appear to be persisting. A mod is likely caching the world incorrectly", place a chunk loader in each world (nether, end and any mystcraft/twilight forest dimension you've created). Should solve it. If it's a more general memory leak, I got nothing :(

Nope, it's this:

Memory connection overburdened; after processing 2500 packets, we still have 7700 to go!

rymmie1981

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, it's this:

Memory connection overburdened; after processing 2500 packets, we still have 7700 to go!

That's because you have too many mods. I never get those errors until I have around 50 mods running. It's mostly an effect of MC running the game on a simulated internal server. The only noticeable problem will probably be some lag, even in single-player. If you have a multicore processor and use optifine, turn chunkloading to multicore in the optifine options and you should get that error less.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
You know, I just realized.

FTB is no longer a ... ftb forum, it became a general modding forum. I'm sure that if the makers pushed for a mod marketplace then it could end well.
That’s actually an awesome idea. I don't know programming at all but if mod devs met certain parameters for compatibility the launcher could be a mod "appstore" type shell.

Virgoddess

Jul 29, 2019
That's because you have too many mods. I never get those errors until I have around 50 mods running. It's mostly an effect of MC running the game on a simulated internal server. The only noticeable problem will probably be some lag, even in single-player. If you have a multicore processor and use optifine, turn chunkloading to multicore in the optifine options and you should get that error less.

I only have 20 though. Maybe it's because my computer sucks?

I'll try the OptiFine thing, thanks.