1.5.1 Beta Pack-DIY Edition (now with 1.5.2)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I saw your let's play, and I'm looking forward to seeing more, well done. I think you mentioned that you had some issues getting everything to play nicely together, anything in particular to look out for? Also, I wonder if you have a link for IC2 that you could share; I didn't find it, although I didn't look very hard.

Yeah let me just make your life about a billion times easier: http://bot.notenoughmods.com/1.5.1.html

Thank me by passing it on. Watch out for integrating Gregtech, the only working build is buried in his forum thread. Watch out for BasicComponents, it breaks most of UE subtly if you get the wrong version. Otherwise, tally-ho.

And thanks for the compliment. I just got a bunch of videos done with WayOfTime, who's agreed to record with me for a server let's play. He seems to like my modpack and I have always been impressed by his builds. We'll see what comes of it. (see my sig, and I link to his videos in the series in the video notes)

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
http://ic2api.player.to:8080/job/IC2_lf/

But careful going past 301. Last night everyone was saying it wrecked any other mods using its API. I didn't try but if you do I'd recommend a backup first.

304 (edit: sorry!) and beyond are backwards compatible, so they work with old and new clients. Except for IC2 Crops. MFR handles it okay, but Gregtech doesn't. You need Gregtech 3.02c for that. Thanks to DoctorOr for helping me figure that out.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
That's a really sweet way to say dumb.
No, no, 'dumb' speaks to intelligence, as opposed to 'ignorance' which speaks to lack of knowledge. 'Ignorance' has been given a negative connotation, which should only be the case with 'willful ignorance'. As it happens, I'm fairly ignorant regarding the methods of getting mods to work together, but I'm working on curing the condition =)

That said, give it a try! Basically all I did is throw some mods together that I wanted to fool around with. So far, so good.

Reactions: Poppycocks

Virgoddess

Jul 29, 2019
I did, I'm crashing. I'm sure given some effort I can figure out what is causing the crash, but I've got a fever which doesn't isn't conducive to problem solving, at least for me.

I know I'm not dumb. I'm actually very intelligent. But on this, I'm woefully ignorant :)

Virgoddess

Jul 29, 2019
Noticed an odd thing with worldgen. Random bits of gravel on the surface (even in trees) that are also ore. Yep, this is me in the screenshot about to mine some gold. From a tree. With a shovel. I'm assuming this is a bug (more of the lulz type than the gamebreaking type), unless one of these mods added gravel ore when I wasn't looking.
View attachment 3720

Okay I have this exact same issue. Do you mind sharing what mods you're using? Or sharing the solution you came up with!

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
There is a reason that there were no config problems: Since the 1.4 update for Forge, mods auto add configs and balance to accept others.

Not all forge mods do this. Ive had a few conflicts, and they have not with biomes yet it seems.[DOUBLEPOST=1366855047][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah let me just make your life about a billion times easier: http://bot.notenoughmods.com/1.5.1.html

Thank me by passing it on.

*cough* (no not mine)
Yours gets points for being nicer looking and the notes feature. /add to collection

Im almost tempted to get back into some js/php/css/etc and make a minecraft mod version tool thingy too. Seems like its the hip and happen'n thing to do, but I am very lazy and parseing version information to auto update with no real central location for mods to congregate is a pain IM LOOKING AT YOU MOJANG

Ragnoff

Mar 25, 2013
Ok, I am trying this, but I feel my ignorance, how do I Launch MultiMC, create a new 1.5.1 instance, add latest version of Forge. Launch instance and quit again. I understand all but the bolded part, i downloaded forge, by adding it do I just put the .jar file in the instance folder? Oh, Right clicking and choosing "edit Mods" brings up a new interface!

Virgoddess

Jul 29, 2019
When you create a new instance, you'll need to right click on the instance. Then you'll 'edit mods' and in the jar mods section, you'll see an MC Forge button on the right. That will load a list of Forge for you to choose from.

HTH!

Exadi

Jul 29, 2019
I think I did something wrong. :p
e8usjvD.png

Reactions: samSTR

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
No, no, 'dumb' speaks to intelligence, as opposed to 'ignorance' which speaks to lack of knowledge. 'Ignorance' has been given a negative connotation, which should only be the case with 'willful ignorance'. As it happens, I'm fairly ignorant regarding the methods of getting mods to work together, but I'm working on curing the condition =)
I always thought of ignorant meaning ignoring something. Like, you could be really stupid but you're not ignoring things.

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
I always thought of ignorant meaning ignoring something. Like, you could be really stupid but you're not ignoring things.
Ignorance means lack of awareness. Ignoring something means being aware of it, but disregarding the input.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
Okay I have this exact same issue. Do you mind sharing what mods you're using? Or sharing the solution you came up with!
Grats, by the way! The mods I'm using are in the original post =) I don't have a solution for the issue, other than enjoying the little bonus. I'm sure there's some sort of ore generation config that fixes it, but it's not a big enough deal for me to try and chase down.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019

So meta. You're ignorant of the meaning of ignorant.[DOUBLEPOST=1366861276][/DOUBLEPOST]

Surface Gravel ore is Tinker's Construct and is not an issue. Intended.