1.5.1 Beta Pack-DIY Edition (now with 1.5.2)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

southernfriedbb

Jul 29, 2019
This sounds more like a bug in how FML is working than anything else. Given SirSengir's modpack inclusion it seems odd.
I hope so, that's why I quoted DRM in my original post because I'm not sure that's what it was. It just seemed like a very DRM-esque message.

steelblueskies

Jul 29, 2019
doesn't wash unless there's another element involved beyond mc, forge and the specific mods. i've got the exact setup running live with the exact same versions of mods. when i heard the bit about him not extracting the rar and placing the mods as per my instructions a few pages back i thought for sure that'd do it. after all it worked on the win 7 32 bit starter classmate pc, a vista 32 home tablet pc, my main win 7 x64 home primary notebook, and inside a vmware instance running xp(which i figure'd would serve for ensuring it wasn't some funky amd vs intel errata induced bushwah.). i'm kind of at a loss at present on what to suggest. i have to be either failing to detail a step which is apparently crucial or there's something blowing things up not being considered. maybe an av hating one of the mods and screwing with access(mcf had reports of this a few times with kapersky), or a jave update version issue. :( i really hoped to have been able to solve this by now for him.

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
doesn't wash unless there's another element involved beyond mc, forge and the specific mods. i've got the exact setup running live with the exact same versions of mods.
Hey, I have zero clue what is at the core of this.. I'm just trying to figure out why I am getting it. My best guess right now, specifically made because others are getting this to work and I am not, is that there is something wrong with my MultiMC version / installation. That or I am missing some key version of some JAVA related files...

steelblueskies

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, I have zero clue what is at the core of this.. I'm just trying to figure out why I am getting it. My best guess right now, specifically made because others are getting this to work and I am not, is that there is something wrong with my MultiMC version / installation. That or I am missing some key version of some JAVA related files...
i know and it's driving me batty because it shouldn't be this hard for anyone. at least we are slowly making some progress in narrowing down the possibilities. i'm trying to figure out instructions for what to try next . i'm invested in it now, and if nothing else, *I* want to know what caused things to go sideways.

but for your part, if i knew how to get a private modpack posted up through the launcher i'd have done it for you, simply because you deserve better than the headache you are getting from all this.

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
i know and it's driving me batty because it shouldn't be this hard for anyone. at least we are slowly making some progress in narrowing down the possibilities. i'm trying to figure out instructions for what to try next . i'm invested in it now, and if nothing else, *I* want to know what caused things to go sideways.

but for your part, if i knew how to get a private modpack posted up through the launcher i'd have done it for you, simply because you deserve better than the headache you are getting from all this.

Well to be completely fair this is why the FTB Team hasn't released their "1.5.1 Private Pack" yet, because there are still issues going on. This just happens to be a fairly unique and hard to figure out issue.

Landswimmer

Jul 29, 2019
I downloaded all the mods, put them together and only had a few problems, tried to add immbis microblocks and such and it didn't work, and let me just say... I love natura and tinker's construct. They're pretty great.
Oh and forge and multimc is pretty amazing. It's not that hard of a task to make your own modpack now.

Reactions: RedBoss

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
I downloaded all the mods, put them together and only had a few problems, tried to add immbis microblocks and such and it didn't work, and let me just say... I love natura and tinker's construct. They're pretty great.
Oh and forge and multimc is pretty amazing. It's not that hard of a task to make your own modpack now.
If you had problem with autodecting blocks by immibis microblocks, try removing forestry, running the game for microblocks to register and then adding forestry again. This worked with 54.0.7, it could be already fixed. Also remember that microblocks is a core mod.

rymmie1981

Jul 29, 2019
You want to know what's awesome? Using the JRE8 beta builds will completely break your game. Not your worlds. Your game. If I run MC under JRE7, I can get into a world just fine and play normally. When I switch to JRE8, almost every item ID comes back as mismatched and crashes MC. Switch back, play normally. Switch to 8, mismatch and crash.

It might be a few more months before Java 8 replaces Java 7, but when it does, you will be starting over again. Just a heads up.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I'm downloading these mods now and I'm frustrated. Mainly because it takes so long just to find the dag blasted download link on these mcf forum threads. Geez! lol

Reactions: southernfriedbb

Bloodfrost

Jul 29, 2019
I dont suppose anyone with a working package would be willing to upload it to a file service site and PM me a link for it would they? I know its taking the lazy way out and i know that this way does seem easier than it used to be... but man i had some issues in the past trying to do what you guys did >_<

rymmie1981

Jul 29, 2019
How the heck do you fix that? I was going pretty much until I pressed U.

It's a GUI exception that kills the game. I'm not sure exactly what caused it because I wasn't using the GUI-API mod or anything. It worked itself out once I took things one step at a time. Now, I can force it to happen by installing EasyCrafting Table and trying to craft something. Otherwise it's gone.

My only thought is that NEI might have issues with some of the other mods' machines when it looks for recipes. Like I said, going slow fixed it so I can't be sure.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I'm a complete noob on this subject. What do you mean by "going slow"? I don't understand at all. I'm lucky to know that GUI stands graphical user interface. That IS what it stands for right?

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Without a set of download link locations, many of these mods are very hard to find. Some of them are actually removed.

Slaagathor

Jul 29, 2019
How the heck do you fix that? I was going pretty much until I pressed U.

Are you using Tinkers Construct and NEI together? If so its a known issue that they conflict, directly mentioned in the Tinkers Construct page. "- The library is being updated. The current version is incompatible with NEI plugins, use the stable version if you need it."

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Good lord, MC Forums are horrible to try and find anything. I shouldn't have hidden it in a spoiler, use http://bot.notenoughmods.com/1.5.1.html (thanks to KirinDave for the heads up on this).

Your versions aren't all directly linked btw. And some of the newest betas have bugs. You may want ti just make the link list yourself. Which is a pain, I know. There's a reason I haven't done it for resonant rise. :\

steelblueskies

Jul 29, 2019
nods sagely. most of the links from that modbot are useless if the most current version won't fly. not every location has old versions available.(forestry beta current and last release, then nada save the old stable versions. 2.2.x.x break current extrabees and thaumicbees. 2.2.0.1 is current. 2.2.0.0 is last. 2.1.3.xx is needed for the bee addons til they update. for one good example)

anyone have any thought or word on private modpacks through ftb getting working, or is that still pretty much new tekkit land and direct download only?( i say this as i think i recall kirin mentioning this some time ago and figure he might actually know).

-----------
still having nada on luck trying to induce what vaygrim was experiencing at will without using mod versions that don't match, or otherwise breaking minecraft by doing too much manual mc.jar editing as well. half a dozen vms with varying versions of things installed .. just. no. dice. and if you can't reproduce the problem...

i think i hit the "slam-head-on-wall,-turn-and-flip-table,-walk-away-mumbling- cursing-and-gesticulating-wildly-at-the-universe" point trying to find a way to isolate the cause.

that said if one can follow instructions, the .rar'ed set of mods at those specific versions i had up at least worked together without being totally broken (excepting whatever mysterious nightmare bug is affecting vay), and sidelines have managed to get that list of 74 up to 100 through use of idresolver. having a hard time convincing myself to keep the ue modset in(again thanks for the tip on basic components kirindave) due to seeming general performance and instability(well, and their wiki isn't much more than nei with fluff, and frequently less).

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
One thing I'm trying to set up for our private server is using rsync for modpack distribution. Does anyone have an awesome and free client for windows that uses rsync?

Because this'd be better than even tekkit if we could get it working. It's trivial to automate on OSX and Linux, but Windows is in general a really shitty environment to write software on... so I'm not excited about writing an rsync client with gui if I can avoid it. I probably won't ever seriously consider it.