1.5.1 Beta Pack-DIY Edition (now with 1.5.2)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Exadi

Jul 29, 2019
How can you like nitro creepers??sarcasmBecause they destroy your house??

Do they drop anything?? I don't think so but I might be wrong

Back when they spawned in the overworld, which was the last time I was able to kill one without it exploding first (I think they have a much shorter fuse since moving to the Nether), I noticed they drop a lot more gunpowder than regular creepers.

Virgoddess

Jul 29, 2019
How can you like nitro creepers??sarcasmBecause they destroy your house??

Do they drop anything?? I don't think so but I might be wrong

Just gunpowder I think.

I can kill them pretty easily with my cobalt sword, upgraded with sharpness :)[DOUBLEPOST=1367603183][/DOUBLEPOST]
Just so you know, much like Thaumcraft, Xycraftt will offer retroactive world gen, so no worries about adding after.

You're a genius.

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
Back when they spawned in the overworld, which was the last time I was able to kill one without it exploding first (I think they have a much shorter fuse since moving to the Nether), I noticed they drop a lot more gunpowder than regular creepers.
Ok.More gunpowde is good.

(I think they have a much shorter fuse since moving to the Nether)
Did tey moved to the nether?Didn't notice.
Are you sure??In my old world I had lots of mobs in the nether because the area around the portal was dark.

Smiley3986

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having a problem with my new world almost all my ores are turning to pure essences when cooked or ran threw a machine.

2013-05-03_15.29.01.png2013-05-03_15.29.14.png2013-05-03_15.30.27.png

After trying to build the pack the first time, by just lumping all the mods together and starting up, I went threw and installed one at a time just going down the list alphabetically going in to the game after each was installed. Mods im using are the ones in the OP. Thanks

I got this fixed!

Slaagathor

Jul 29, 2019
Btw, to the OP and anyone interested, the mod Flat Bedrock isn't necessary anymore. CoFH core has an option for flat bedrock in the config.

Virgoddess

Jul 29, 2019
I'm starting to build myself a new pack today.

Also, I missed the chit chat in this thread, so I'm bumping.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having a problem with my new world almost all my ores are turning to pure essences when cooked or ran threw a machine.

View attachment 4013View attachment 4014View attachment 4015

After trying to build the pack the first time, by just lumping all the mods together and starting up, I went threw and installed one at a time just going down the list alphabetically going in to the game after each was installed. Mods im using are the ones in the OP. Thanks

I got this fixed!
Simple to fix, Smiley3986. Make a nexus (doesn't require any ores), throw in the pure essences, get a magic fabricator, place it near the nexus, and get all the items you need! Well, you do need their nuggets to craft them from, but whatever. Cheat in the nuggets if you wish, you will never actually craft anything from them.

Smiley3986

Jul 29, 2019
Simple to fix, Smiley3986. Make a nexus (doesn't require any ores), throw in the pure essences, get a magic fabricator, place it near the nexus, and get all the items you need! Well, you do need their nuggets to craft them from, but whatever. Cheat in the nuggets if you wish, you will never actually craft anything from them.
Thanks. I had found thought that materials in TE had the same ID as the essences.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks. I had found thought that materials in TE had the same ID as the essences.
You had the same problems I had? Ok, I changed all the TE IDs to be 270**. If the original was 20005, I changed to 27055. If the original was 20011, I changed it to 27061. Make sure you don't use any IDs twice by accident when changing these.

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
By the way, is there an easy way to resolve ID conflicts?

AAN DON'T EVEN THINK ON ID RESOLVER

Trunks9809

Jul 29, 2019
Not really an easy way per-se, its still manual, but I have a spreadsheet set up, and NEI set to auto-dump an ID map every time I run MC - so every time I add a new mod and get an ID conflict, all I have to do is copy & paste the latest ID map into my spreadsheet and look for a free spot/range.

Still need to edit the config file manually though, but for me the hard part was always finding the free IDs...

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
Not really an easy way per-se, its still manual, but I have a spreadsheet set up, and NEI set to auto-dump an ID map every time I run MC - so every time I add a new mod and get an ID conflict, all I have to do is copy & paste the latest ID map into my spreadsheet and look for a free spot/range.

Still need to edit the config file manually though, but for me the hard part was always finding the free IDs...
For me the hard part is not finding free IDs, is doing it manually.You see, I enjoy play, not messin around with configs

But Thank YOU

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
So, I upgraded myself to broken, the version in the OP (for me) has some bugs, causing a crash after around 5 min or so. I was able to create a new version with older builds that runs smoothly, but there are still a couple issues with missing NEI recipes and whatnot. Vacation's over, sadly, but I plan on getting a semi-stable version put together over the next couple days that I'll put in the OP.

Good news, sounds like the FTB 1.5 pack will be up this week (although it looks like Ars Magica is out), so with luck, I'll just be able to modify that slightly. If so, I'll post my results and give a link for my config. Again, my thanks to everyone who's contributed to this thread =)

Edit: Just saw DW's spotlight on Dartcraft. Definitely going to try and add that one. Skinning cows and chickens alive? Twisted, but hilarious and definitely useful.

Ragnoff

Mar 25, 2013
I still cannot load both Forestry and Immibis microblocks, I build a new instance where I started fresh and added only 4 things, Buildcraft & forestry, and Immibis core and microblock, and it will not start. Anyone else having this issue?

EDIT after using the process mentioned earlier and using the latest Forge that is...

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
I still cannot load both Forestry and Immibis microblocks, I build a new instance where I started fresh and added only 4 things, Buildcraft & forestry, and Immibis core and microblock, and it will not start. Anyone else having this issue?

EDIT after using the process mentioned earlier and using the latest Forge that is...

Immibis's saw has an ID conflict with forestry crates.

I changed immibis's saw to 12999.
I:itemSaw=12999

I chose that number becuase it looked like forestry mostly had 13000+ taken up.

Ragnoff

Mar 25, 2013
This may sound foolish, but WHERE did you do that? I opened what I though was the config file in notepad++ and it was gibberish.

Edit: the cfg file was fine, but had no ids, the mod file itself could not be opened - I think i need to extract/unzip the .jar, beyond that I do not know

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
instances\1.5.1 Survival\minecraft\config\immibis.cfg

If you are using multimc then '1.5.1 Survival' will be whatever you named your instance.

Ragnoff

Mar 25, 2013
wow, I overlooked that line at least 1/2 dozen times, i think that I was looking for a much longer list of id's then one saw.