[1.10.2] Age of Engineering

InThayne

Oct 14, 2013
I'm going to start Extreme Reactor build tonight, I 'might' install a computers mod into the pack to control the reactor, it simply makes for incredibly efficiency with fuel consumption.

Keep in mind that a fuel gobbling reactor will produce upwards of 8 times the blutonium, now that's efficiency! Considering that yellorium is available in near voidable quantities and there are many other options for exuberant power, one might consider using a little wasteful scrub reactor just for that. After all, Daddy only really wants the wyvern cores anyways!

Reactions: WuffleFluffy

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having a heck of a time with the AE2 memory card... i'm working on setting up a basic P2P system so I can move power to machine in the AE2 network but when I right-click on a conduit power store with the memory card nothing happens...

-= Wuffle =- ~

C

Closet Gamer

I'm having a heck of a time with the AE2 memory card... i'm working on setting up a basic P2P system so I can move power to machine in the AE2 network but when I right-click on a conduit power store with the memory card nothing happens...

-= Wuffle =- ~
Not sure if this will help but sneak+right click to set the sender, normal right click to set the receiver

------------------------
My Age of Engineering Series: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUZaEaeCvlj6ChY3jks-N8rW74_3qEtmD

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if this will help but sneak+right click to set the sender, normal right click to set the receiver

------------------------
My Age of Engineering Series: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUZaEaeCvlj6ChY3jks-N8rW74_3qEtmD

Thanks, got all that sorted out.

Right clicking on the source P2P node defines it's type, then you use the memory card to copy/paste from that to destination(s) in the network, typically so
that things like Power etc can be transported across the network.

I've got fluids, redstone etc all sorted out, but I can't get RF to work..

What do you use to program a P2P node to be RF ? The usual suspects (ender io conduits, various power cables etc) aren't working.

-= Wuffle =- !

Has the ability to set up RF P2P networks been disabled, I cannot see any RF P2P nodes in JEI... If so what would be horrid... looks like i'll need to separately supply power to my RF machines then.

Last edited:
C

Closet Gamer

Right clicking on the source P2P node defines it's type, then you use the memory card to copy/paste from that to destination(s) in the network, typically so

What do you use to program a P2P node to be RF ? The usual suspects (ender io conduits, various power cables etc) aren't working.

-= Wuffle =- !

Has the ability to set up RF P2P networks been disabled, I cannot see any RF P2P nodes in JEI... If so what would be horrid... looks like i'll need to separately supply power to my RF machines then.
I don't see why it should be left out, but if it is then the RF tools power cell is one of the best (and inexpensive) ways of wirelessly moving power large amounts of power - 5k RF/t each side ;) they are incredible

------------------------

Mythos123

Jul 29, 2019

-= Wuffle =- !

there is no rf p2p, at least not in this Pack/Version of AE2.

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
Merry Christmas and Boxing day everyone (Depending on where you are in the world!)

I've plumed in some RF cabling from my Ender/IO network.

Here's the basic build of my main AE2 auto assembly system, using sub-netting to try to get maximum efficiency from a single AE2 controller.

I will have 40 ME interfaces connected to 8 molecular assembly blocks to provide automated crafting, above each of these on the next floor will be a dedicated multiblock crafting CPU to allow parallel crafting to take place.

7FDOTAK.png

2jBttY0.png

-= Wuffle =-!

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
I'm running into a few problems, probably because it's been so long since I messed with AE2.

Got it going, had the P2P interfaces the wrong way around.

Now it's all basically working, I'm going to have to go and design a proper AE2 controller setup, to maximise channels.

Quite happy with the use of the Phantom faces through, they allow six ME Interfaces to be placed onto each Molecular Assembler.

So after watching some youtube videos and a LOT of autocrafting from my little start-up AE2 room, I present my new AE2 controller, I'll need to build the room around it, but figured i'd sort out cabling first.

ygToMof.png

jZZa9PB.png

I've repurposed the RFTOOLS PowerCube I was running my builder quarry to power the thing, I sacrifice some efficiency (four P2P nodes in the top centre of the cube, but I figure I've got enough for now).

rh8EMEp.png

Got some spare channels in this room (64 in total, so will add some more auto crafting and a couple of CPUs multiblocks).

Now tomorrow I will focus on tearing down my initial AE2 room, and integrating it with the primary AE2 network.

Shame about no RF transmission across AE2, that means I'll need to plumb in RF power separately. Luckily these Phantom Face blocks come in handy for that too.

-= Wuffle =- !

Last edited:

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
Final Assembly room - phase #1.

New controller is running and integrated with a backbone bus carrying 32 P2P channels throughout the new building.
My auto crafting room is ...

fVwBOaz.png

Unfortunately, the plan to use Phantom faces did not work, that's a real shame but I suppose the ME Interfaces just need to be connected directly (without a proxy) to what they're needing to work with.

Following Ieldra's idea of putting in a blank floor level between floors of the base meant that I could put all the Molecular Assemblers under the floor :)
So I think i'll add several Crafting CPU's in this room with the spare channels. At present I have 30 x 9 ME Interfaces, so that's 270 craftable slots for now.
Which should see me for a while yet.

Now to start working on the machine shop, I'll start by automating all of the machine frames and cases, then begin working on programming in the plans for all the bits for extreme reactors, to start generating more power and then Blutonium for later use.

So far very happy with everything, base is coming along nicely, getting a LOT bigger, sort of like a Uni campus lol.

The 'bootstrap' AE2 room is now fully integrated, just need to solve problem is accessing the storage in the big basement.

-= Wuffle =-

Reactions: Closet Gamer
C

Closet Gamer

Final Assembly room - phase #1.

New controller is running and integrated with a backbone bus carrying 32 P2P channels throughout the new building.
My auto crafting room is ...

fVwBOaz.png

Unfortunately, the plan to use Phantom faces did not work, that's a real shame but I suppose the ME Interfaces just need to be connected directly (without a proxy) to what they're needing to work with.

Following Ieldra's idea of putting in a blank floor level between floors of the base meant that I could put all the Molecular Assemblers under the floor :)
So I think i'll add several Crafting CPU's in this room with the spare channels. At present I have 30 x 9 ME Interfaces, so that's 270 craftable slots for now.
Which should see me for a while yet.

Now to start working on the machine shop, I'll start by automating all of the machine frames and cases, then begin working on programming in the plans for all the bits for extreme reactors, to start generating more power and then Blutonium for later use.

So far very happy with everything, base is coming along nicely, getting a LOT bigger, sort of like a Uni campus lol.

The 'bootstrap' AE2 room is now fully integrated, just need to solve problem is accessing the storage in the big basement.

-= Wuffle =-
Oooh I love the glowstone texture, what is that?

------------------------

Dranith

Jul 29, 2019
I've been looking into modpacks similar to FTB Infinity Evolved expert mode in later versions, and this one is generally highly recommended. Unfortunately, I've been having some trouble with it. Nothing necessarily game breaking, but it is irritating. I am simply unable to hear any sound in the game itself. The main menu is completely fine, but as soon as I load up a world, the sound stops working. Quitting the world and going back to the main menu allows the sound to start playing again. I've checked my settings and started looking through the mod configs, but so far nothing. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Java: Version 8 Update 144
Pack Version: 1.1.2

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
Oooh I love the glowstone texture, what is that?

------------------------

It's a Futura block :) You can use chisel to get them :)

Here's my AE2 Assembly room with CPU multiblocks, I have upgraded all of the Molecular Assemblers with Speed Upgrade cards along with all of the inscribers, main base building storage is now fitted with 32 available channels.

qN5AVbh.png

The next level of the skyscraper (that's what it's turning into) is going to be arrayed ME Drives with 64k storage cell, lots and lots of ME Drives using ME Storage Interfaces.

Later this week, I'll start the machine shop floors to build the bits needed for the Extreme Reactor and Tech Reborn / Neo Tech machines.

-= Wuffle =- !

-= Wuffle =-

Last edited:

InThayne

Oct 14, 2013
@Dranith
Have you added Dynamic Surroundings by any chance? It does not get along with IC2 sounds for reasons.
Do your logs have any reference to paulscode crashing at the time of sound loss?
Disabling IC2 machine sounds by setting 'enableIc2Audio = false' in configs is a place to start, might allow other sounds to continue.

Dranith

Jul 29, 2019
@InThayne
No, I have not added Dynamic Surroundings to the pack, in fact I have not changed the pack at all from default.

As far as I can tell my logs don't reference any paulscode crashes... However, scouring them for references to "sound" did bring something interesting back.
[14:12:55] [Client thread/WARN]: Invalid sounds.json
java.lang.NullPointerException
at net.minecraft.client.audio.SoundHandler.func_110549_a(SourceFile:82) [bzw.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.resources.SimpleReloadableResourceManager.func_110542_a(SimpleReloadableResourceManager.java:122) [bxi.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:446) [bcx.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:351) [bcx.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:124) [Main.class:?]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_25]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:1.8.0_25]
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:1.8.0_25]
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:483) ~[?:1.8.0_25]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135) [launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]
After these lines, there are references to 6 different sound files being nonexistent. I don't know if that has anything to do with it, but there's 2 missing from mekanism and 4 from rftools.

Disabling IC2 sounds does not seem to fix this issue, but thank you for the suggestion. I'll probably keep them disabled, I've always found them mildly annoying.
I should mention that I haven't changed any configs besides that either. Default modpack with zero changes except that.

I've also included the full logs if anyone wants to scour those. Thanks for your reply!

Attachments

• latest.txt
    585.9 KB · Views: 92

InThayne

Oct 14, 2013
No idea really. Discord support gurus are looking into this. There are enough run-on errors to suggest re-downloading the pack.
Curse is also forcing you to use java 1.8.0_25 which can cause a crash with the IE manual. To fix use the updated java versions instead of the one minecraft comes packaged with (1.8.0_25). Switch the twitch launcher to the jar launcher instead of native, then specify verion (1.8.0_144 in your case). Or in the native launcher, edit the instance settings and choose your java version.
Also some oddities using F3+S and mipmapping found here-
https://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/31sb4g/no_sound_issue_fix_in_minecraft_18/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/2fgh9b/18_sound_not_working/

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
My AE2 auto crafting has stopped working, it was working yesterday...

No idea why it's stopped working..

Figured it out...

Turned out one of my MultiBlock CPU's was causing the issue, it was a 2 x 2 consisting of two multiprocessors, 1 x 64k storage blocks and 1 crafting monitor block.

Rebuilt it as a 1 x 4 and it everything now works..

Weird....

:(

Problem just came back, anyone else had this problem? Seems to be affecting processor production only, things are scheduled, but never actually executed.

I've checked everything, it all seems to be set up correctly, I was able to make 20 processors then the whole thing just stopped, no idea why.

-= Wuffle =- !

Last edited:

Dranith

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately, none of those suggestions had any effect... Found another pack I have this problem with though. All the mods 3. When I have some more time I'll start turning off the common mods and see what happens.

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
I figured out the AE2 auto crafting problem, it's that damned Calculator mod again.

The Calculator machine 'Algorithm Separator' simply doesn't work reliably with AE2, I might need to have the AE2 pointing at a chest and use a conduits to shove items into in it and extract output back into self-same chest and then AE2 import bus to take items back into network from that chest, quite a bit of mussing about, but if needs must... Or I might just craft up a few thousand of the things that that it makes from RedStone and just do this manually every now and then.

The weird thing is, even if the stuff produced by this machine was in storage and available, any pattern that used something that this machine generates just doesn't craft. Simply putting the pattern for the Redstone Ingot (From Calculator) and Small Stone (From Calculator) (1 redstone = 2 x redstone ingots and 2 x small stone) as a processing pattern into an ME interface connected to the Algorithm separator shut down all of my carpenters, as they use these ingots, crafting requests would stay in the crafting CPU's without executing.

The moment I removed the pattern from the ME interface connected to the algorithm separator, everything began working again.

Placing comment here in case it's of any use to anyone.

Chalk this up to yet another bug in what frankly seems to me to be a bit of an unusual mod.

Update: Using a plain old oak chest as a proxy for this process works fine with EnderIO conduits... messy but i'll tidy up the look of it with facades etc.

I've now automated the processing of all the items for AE2, and now that the 'redston ingot' issue is resolved, time to get back to what I was doing before... extreme reactors.

-= Wuffle =- !

Last edited:
Reactions: GamerwithnoGame