[1.10.2] Age of Engineering

A

Alpacatuerta

Hey guys, i need a help if you know my issues with that. The modpack works ok in a single player, but when i open a server to plays with my friends, tinkers mod don't work, i can't craft anything of this mod. Anyone knows someting can i do?

C

Closet Gamer

A

Alpacatuerta

I dont know how can i do that on server. When i click on Claimed Chunks, the server shows: "Unknow command".

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
I dont know how can i do that on server. When i click on Claimed Chunks, the server shows: "Unknow command".

Public servers typically do not allow chunkloading for performance reasons and when they do allow chunkloading it is usually via a more controlled mechanism than FTBU allows - typically via a server side plugin.

X

XumbriusV

GreenZombie, HE is the server staff cuz he is hosting that server.

The issue is that all the mods load properly, but when you try to craft or place any item from Tinkers (and maybe some other mod, don't know) It can't be crafted, or disapears when placed. (In order to be able to place it you need to take it from creative since you can't craft any)

A

Alpacatuerta

i find the solution, i needed create a file with the ".bat" with a command for java's version and that works ok.
THis is the command:
java -Xms512m -Xmx2048m -XX:permSize=128m -jar forge-1.10.2-12.18.3.2316-universal.jar nogui pause

M

mermer

Lag problem, please help me.

I have been enjoying this mod pack for weeks, now I am at the beginning of age 11. But since my AE network becomes larger, everything becomes very very laggy, it even took me 3-5 seconds to mine a single block.......when I point at any block, the block information shows "waiting for the server'', it normally takes 1-2 seconds to response........I am playing single player game, why should I wait for the server.....T_T.

By the way, the FPS is okey, always 60 fps, just lag, feels like playing multiplayer game with 1000ms pings.

I think the AE network is the problem because once I disconnect the AE network, everything becomes normal. I already automated my IC2, ender IO and immersive engineering machines, using about 60 AE channels.
I am planning to automate my rocket machines, but with 3-5 seconds lag, this game is simply unplayable.

Please help me guys, is there any way to solve this?

My PC is:
CPU: i7-4770K,overclocking to 4.2Ghz
RAM: 16G, 1600Mhz
Garphic card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780

C

Closet Gamer

Lag problem, please help me.

I have been enjoying this mod pack for weeks, now I am at the beginning of age 11. But since my AE network becomes larger, everything becomes very very laggy, it even took me 3-5 seconds to mine a single block.......when I point at any block, the block information shows "waiting for the server'', it normally takes 1-2 seconds to response........I am playing single player game, why should I wait for the server.....T_T.

By the way, the FPS is okey, always 60 fps, just lag, feels like playing multiplayer game with 1000ms pings.

I think the AE network is the problem because once I disconnect the AE network, everything becomes normal. I already automated my IC2, ender IO and immersive engineering machines, using about 60 AE channels.
I am planning to automate my rocket machines, but with 3-5 seconds lag, this game is simply unplayable.

Please help me guys, is there any way to solve this?

My PC is:
CPU: i7-4770K,overclocking to 4.2Ghz
RAM: 16G, 1600Mhz
Garphic card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780
I was getting the same, the multi-threading fixed that too! I also allocated the sweet spot of RAM for my system. I have 8GB and I'm in age 13 so there is a lot of stuff - I have 6gb allocated to MC. Also, there are some Java arguments that helped massively:

https://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebea...e_a_history_with_a/?utm_source=reddit-android

------------------------
My Age of Engineering Series: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUZaEaeCvlj6ChY3jks-N8rW74_3qEtmD

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
i find the solution, i needed create a file with the ".bat" with a command for java's version and that works ok.
THis is the command:
java -Xms512m -Xmx2048m -XX:permSize=128m -jar forge-1.10.2-12.18.3.2316-universal.jar nogui pause

I wonder why your previous command was not allowing tinkers and other mods to work. Perhaps the server was just running out of memory.

At any rate, this is not a particularly good command for java as your RAM allocation is still too low for a mod pack like AOE, and you absolutely need to tell java to not use the default garbage collector, as the default garbage collector is rubbish for interactive apps and doesn't mind pausing the app for hundreds of ms. You feel this as block lag and typically see the minecraft server console spammed with messages about being behind and dropping frames.

This command line tells Java to allocate at least 4G of RAM, and to use a concurrent garbage collector that is much better to for keeping your servers tick rate constant. Also this is the garbage collector that Mojang's own Minecraft client automatically uses.

Code:
java -Xmx4G -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -jar forge-1.10.2-12.18.3.2316-universal.jar nogui

However, @Closet Gamer links a reddit post by @cpw that points to an even newer GC that should probably be the new default for Minecraft clients and servers.

https://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebea...e_a_history_with_a/?utm_source=reddit-android

Last edited:
M

mermer

I'm having trouble crafting the RF power tap for Extreme Reactors. You need several power storage devices from other mods for it - IE HV capacitor, MFSU, Mekanism powercell and EnderIO Vibrant capacitor bank. I first thought the problem lies with having capacitors with RF in them, but I cheated empty ones in for testing and they don't work either. When I try to make an AE2 crafting pattern the power tap actually appears in the result box, but I can't make the pattern - hitting the arrow does nothing. Crafting it in the crafting terminal doesn't show the power tap in the output box even though I have everything set correctly, even took the crafting recipe over from JEI and everything was set up correctly without need for manual change. Very weird. Does anyone know a solution?

Also, it appears I can't breed a Miry bee. My bee breeding has so far worked very well if I used mutating frames, but this one just doesn't want to appear even after about 10 attempts. The chance should be 15% times 9 (x3 from each mutating frame), so it should be certain that a mutating occurs, but it doesn't, and I'm trying both in the swamp with a Marshy princess and a Noble drone and in plains with a Noble princess and a Marshy drone. I'm really tempted to install Gendustry...

I am having excatly the same problem with crafting the RF power tap. I exit game, restart computer and when I load the game again, I can craft it!!! I really dont know why, probably a minor bug or something.
I dont know whether this work for you or not, but you can try it.

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
After a few weeks away on holidays, I'm back and continuing my somewhat slow journey through this modpack, have started a few interesting projects.

I will add one thing, I ended up adding the Gendustry mod to the mudpack because I found basic bee breeding to be somewhat excruciating, I simply don't have huge amounts of actual time to spend baby sitting
the RNG of bee breeding. Ieldra mentioned this ages ago and now I know where he's coming from.

This evening a few basic house-keeping items, using AE2 to automate the fabrication of fuel cells, replacing the previous arrangement using the RFTOOLS auto crafting block, this will simplify thing and allow me to add more reactors to the mix, to generate more EU/Tick.

When I got back, I was quite happy to see that the Tier 4 void miner was happily producing resources alongside with the Void resource miner, which is now also tier 4.

I'm going to build the nano thing for buffs.

However, it looks like the strange Alien technology in my Processing Core room has spawned a guest....

t2fjFlp.png

Going to go deep into Bees, see if I can get every type of resource from all the bees.

Passive power Gen from the venerable BioDiesel sytem can no longer sustain the base with both Tier V environmental tech machines running, so now the Extreme/Big Reactor is regularly called upon to top up the big capacitor bank in my power building whenever It drops below 75% I have about 20k Yellorium in storage so I'm not too fussed about that.

-= Wuffle =- !

Last edited:
Reactions: Ieldra

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
Automation of fuel processing for nuclear reactors, which are now happily buzzing away in 'set and forget' mode.

UkhfVF6.png

Uranium ore is processed in the Macerator which is in my main IC2 machine room up on level 3, then down here it's washed in the ore washing plant.
The thermal centrifuge has been placed next to it, and processes purified Uranium.

After that it's standard AE2 crafting to make the enriched fuel, on the far left is the canning machine, which satisfies the crafting requests for making
single fuel rods of Uranium, the empty fuel rods are made up in the main machine room on level 3 in the metal former.

Standard crafting via AE2 pattern to make the quad fuel cells (Uranium), the plates used already long ago since automated.

An export bus is also connected to the Thermal Centrifuge, exporting spent quad fuel cells for processing and obtaining plutonium.

Down in the Reactor chambers, a simple matter of replacing the EnderIO item conduits with an import bus and export bus.

Import busses are set to import spent quad fuel cells (Uranium).
Export busses are set to export quad fuel cells (Uranium).
A crafting card is attached to each export bus, triggering automatic replacement of fuel cells as needed.

I am pleased to report that once I connected it all up, the long dormant nuclear reactors began to flicker back into life as the system began to replace the quad fuel cells
automatically :) I had the process partially automated before, but it required me to manually put Uranium ore into the sorting crate to trigger fuel cell replacement, now
with the AE2 system that will just happen as needed.

With nearly 10k Uranium ore waiting to be processed, I suspect I'll not have to worry about keeping these guys going for a while!

Now, onto making those Quantum Solar Panels...

-= Wuffle =- !

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
I am having excatly the same problem with crafting the RF power tap. I exit game, restart computer and when I load the game again, I can craft it!!! I really dont know why, probably a minor bug or something.
I dont know whether this work for you or not, but you can try it.

I am sorry to say, I've not been able to replicate this problem, was able to auto craft all components of my Extreme reactor.

-= Wuffle =- !

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
Base is making several quantum solar panels... all auto crafters are working 100% Flat out, it will take a few days for this base to complete the build...

Must say that the pack is extremely stable running on creeperhost, quite happy with being able to set up long, complex auto builds and then just leave it for a couple of days whilst this churns along.

Nearly done with the big bees building :)

-= Wuffle =- !

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

triggerfinger12

Apr 17, 2017
Rock
I was thinking about adding NuclearCraft to the pack, but I was wondering what recipe changes I should make to keep the feel and progression of the pack roughly the same.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

C

Closet Gamer

I was thinking about adding NuclearCraft to the pack, but I was wondering what recipe changes I should make to keep the feel and progression of the pack roughly the same.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
I've not played with nuclearcraft before so this is likely unhelpful speculation :) Perhaps a plutonium requirement so that you need to do things the standard way before getting into it?

------------------------
My Age of Engineering Series: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUZaEaeCvlj6ChY3jks-N8rW74_3qEtmD

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
That, or RTG fuel sounds pretty reasonable. If you really want to make sure it isn't overpowered, make it cost chrome or titanium or something. By that point you should have fine power production anyway.

Reactions: Closet Gamer