[1.10.2] Age of Engineering

efeefeefe

Jul 29, 2019
I have 2 problem: 1- Tooltip (from mouse cursor) doesn't show that item belongs to which mod. Everytime i have to go to recipe to see that, only it shows that way in JEI. 2- that light-blue waila screen on left, i want to change its location to center top like as always in any modpack. Its not waila. i remember there was a kind of paper for adjusting that. On this modpack that paper wasn't a starting item like tinkers construct guide book. I coundn't find it either. How can i change it?

llloyd

Jul 29, 2019
Also, just an FYI, the Progressive Automation capacitors seem broken. I started out putting one, red dot facing, up against the Survival Generator and no dice, it wasn't taking in power. I even tried putting a LV Connector from IE on it and the gen and an LV wire between, same thing. So I've switched up to an IE HV capacitor and a water wheel. >.<

llloyd

Jul 29, 2019
Only for stuff from the Creative Age
Oh good, I was like "I like this pack but if it has any kind of breeding as mandatory then screw it. >.< " but if I don't have to then yay! As the text for age 4 isn't too clear on that.

"You should also start Bee and Tree breeding as you need it later" is how Age 4 3rd paragraph starts.

ErnstLustig

Jul 29, 2019
Well it depends how you define it, if you want to finish it completely, then it's mandatory, but only for the last age.

Iovancar

Jul 29, 2019
I have 2 problem: 1- Tooltip (from mouse cursor) doesn't show that item belongs to which mod. Everytime i have to go to recipe to see that, only it shows that way in JEI. 2- that light-blue waila screen on left, i want to change its location to center top like as always in any modpack. Its not waila. i remember there was a kind of paper for adjusting that. On this modpack that paper wasn't a starting item like tinkers construct guide book. I coundn't find it either. How can i change it?
2) The easiest way might be to craft the item called "The one probe" (really cheap). When you use it you can choose where the tooltip should be and change the theme.
As you have to reconfigure each time you update, this item will be useful more than once.

zBob

Jul 29, 2019
2) The easiest way might be to craft the item called "The one probe" (really cheap). When you use it you can choose where the tooltip should be and change the theme.
As you have to reconfigure each time you update, this item will be useful more than once.

It was easy to overlook the original reply but he has The One Probe set to display all info without actually crafting the probe, so you only have to type the command /topcfg to make changes to its location, how opaque it is and stuff like that. Also when looking at an item to get more details press the sneak key.

IMarvinTPA

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a legacy launcher code for those of us not using Windows to use the Legacy launcher?

Thanks,
IMarv

llloyd

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so, this is *just* to be sure I am not forgetting or overlooking something. For storage, as I am only up to Age 5 atm, I have only the crate from AA that's expensive (9 gold, 9 iron, and two diamonds each) but it holds a lot, more if I spend even more (32 coal zapped into void crystals), I have the crates from IE that hold about as much as a chest, just looks cooler, vanilla chests, and for large amounts of a single item (like cobble, dirt, etc) storage drawers. Did I miss anything? AE won't be for a while so that's out for another few more ages.

zBob

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so, this is *just* to be sure I am not forgetting or overlooking something. For storage, as I am only up to Age 5 atm, I have only the crate from AA that's expensive (9 gold, 9 iron, and two diamonds each) but it holds a lot, more if I spend even more (32 coal zapped into void crystals), I have the crates from IE that hold about as much as a chest, just looks cooler, vanilla chests, and for large amounts of a single item (like cobble, dirt, etc) storage drawers. Did I miss anything? AE won't be for a while so that's out for another few more ages.

That sums things up well, at this point I recommend you decide on a sorting system you are willing to put up with until AE becomes available. You can still do what vanilla players do and have an organized storage room that you have to manually put things into and retrieve from or you can take a small amount of time and setup the Ender IO inventory panel now, or push into age 6 and setup the RF Tools storage scanner.

Regardless of what you decide I also recommend you craft and toss your AE seed stacks into water before you want to use them, I believe it takes 16 hours for them to mature. Later you can speed them up but your first batch will have to be that slow.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
That sums things up well, at this point I recommend you decide on a sorting system you are willing to put up with until AE becomes available. You can still do what vanilla players do and have an organized storage room that you have to manually put things into and retrieve from or you can take a small amount of time and setup the Ender IO inventory panel now, or push into age 6 and setup the RF Tools storage scanner.

Regardless of what you decide I also recommend you craft and toss your AE seed stacks into water before you want to use them, I believe it takes 16 hours for them to mature. Later you can speed them up but your first batch will have to be that slow.
It might even be worth considering using the Extra Utilities 2 Indexer - if you attach a transfer node to the back of that and connect all your chests up with ExU2 transfer pipes (not super cheap, I'd be the first to say that, so you might want to keep it compact), that works well as an early game sorter as well. the transfer filters aren't super expensive if memory serves (might be wrong about that), nor the filter items that go inside them to filter the stuff going in, so you could keep your chests fairly orderly too.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I'm finding the storage to be a tiny bit limited myself. Kinda miss Iron Chests :) But its also an amusing logistical challenge so its cool.

I also wonder if the Ender IO storage management thingy is available at Age 5. Its like a super-weaksauce-AE that runs on zombie juice or something.

I also just noticed zBob already mentioned the inventory panel so nevermind. (although maybe it helps that I clarify what it does since not a lot of people actually know about it)

Classic newbie error: people get annoyed when they want to start AE2 and realize they need to start the seed process. I believe Infinity Expert trained people a bit on this.