[1.10.2] Age of Engineering

triggerfinger12

Apr 17, 2017
Rock
Is the Progressive Automation Diamond generator supposed to consume the Wireless RF coil? (may be the lower tier ones too, but I haven't tested)

Last edited:
P

Pizzanator

This is more of a general question, not necessarily this pack, (but it relates to my world in this pack) what it the generation rate for purple slime islands? I can't seem to find one
Purple slime islands are pretty rare. But the way I got purple slime is the slime trees with purple leaves, when you break them they occasionally drop purple slime and saplings.

P

Pizzanator

I'm finding the storage to be a tiny bit limited myself. Kinda miss Iron Chests :) But its also an amusing logistical challenge so its cool.

I also wonder if the Ender IO storage management thingy is available at Age 5. Its like a super-weaksauce-AE that runs on zombie juice or something.

I also just noticed zBob already mentioned the inventory panel so nevermind. (although maybe it helps that I clarify what it does since not a lot of people actually know about it)

Classic newbie error: people get annoyed when they want to start AE2 and realize they need to start the seed process. I believe Infinity Expert trained people a bit on this.
You can also use the indexer from Extra Utilities, it's not as good as the EnderIO panel, but it's available in age 3, and the remote for it can be used from other dimesions

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
You can also use the indexer from Extra Utilities, it's not as good as the EnderIO panel, but it's available in age 3, and the remote for it can be used from other dimesions
Yeah, you lost me at "not as good as EnderIO panel" since that panel's not super great either :p

T

TRH_KingChills

I think I found a bug, and I'm going to start here and see where it takes me. If you would like me to bark up other trees, please point me in the direction and I shall go there.

I was attempting to automate Canola production and empowering, and I decided to use Integrated Dynamics, Actually Additions, and Extra Utilities for my adventure. The bug coms when using the Scanner from EU2, and trying to get the redstone power reading using the ID redstone reader. Upon opening the GUI it will immediately crash server (if multiplayer) or client (if single player).

AoE Version: 1.0.3

Steps to reproduce:
1. Place a EU2 Scanner in the world
2. Place a full ID battery in the wrold
3. Hook up cables from the ID battery toward the Scanner.
4. Hook up a Redstone Reader to the cable facing the scanner.
5. Right click to open the GUI
6. Notice epic failure of sadness.

Here is a gist of the crash report. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

https://gist.github.com/kingchills/d0124566773d437c9e846f2964918998

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Folks, there's some bee-ness I'm not familiar with in this pack (specifically: More Bees, and likely something else). Is there a trick to get a low-lifespan frame or some other way to massively decrease the lifespan of a bee?

Even the Mutating Frame appears to be 1.0x lifespam (boggle)

The only life-span reducing thing I can find is the Cooling Frame (0.8x, lame)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
while we're on bees, could somebody explain that bit about genetic corruption? Do you want to reduce that chance, or is it a stability mechanic and you want to never multiply it by .9 ?
Do you literally mean corruption, or do you mean mutation?

Mutation is a good thing when you're "working" on bees. When you have bees you like, mutation is kind of irrelevant.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
while we're on bees, could somebody explain that bit about genetic corruption? Do you want to reduce that chance, or is it a stability mechanic and you want to never multiply it by .9 ?

Examples

Untreated frame, Genetic Decay 0.9X

So, do I want to use it, and reduce the decay by 10%, or do I NOT want to use it, because my bees would only have a 90% chance of not turning into a ruined bee that would end and die and ruin my hours of work with that queen?

Impregnated frame 0.4x
Proven Frame 0.3x

are those GOOD?

The sweet frame 1.1x
mutating frame 1.5
super cooled 2x

IS there base rate of genetic decay in there that these are acting on in our pristine queens? Do we have to rush to an alviary stabilizer to not have things ruined horribly?
OK I can response do this I think :)

Just straight away, there's a difference between Decay and Mutation. Decay from what I understand only applies to Ignoble Princesses/Queens. Eventually an Ignoble bee will die, leaving you without a female parent to work with. In previous versions of Forestry this usually meant you got something like 120-170 generations out of a queen. I'm not sure what it means now, but you can get a really good logical guess just by looking at the NEI info for frames:
upload_2017-7-13_20-52-53.png

Since the basic frame has a decay of 0.9, and the better Forestry frames are 0.4 and 0.3, I can infer that standard decay rate is (obviously) 1.0, and 0.9 means I'll only decay a bee 90% as quickly. In other words, 0.3 is much better than 0.9.

I'm not usually overly concerned about ignoble bees dying. They're easy to replace when you know what you're doing. But its nice to be able to reduce that rate if you want to. As a result, I'm using impregnated frames to get me started on bees (until I figure out how to kill the buggers faster)

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Wh... j... bu... hey! I mentioned that already! *grumbles*
Yeah, you lost me at "not as good as EnderIO panel" since that panel's not super great either :p
I'm not sure about that though - unlike the EnderIO one, the indexer remote is available pretty much straight away, and its pretty inexpensive if memory serves. And as I mentioned in my comment, if you can keep your chests filtered properly, it should work pretty well. The indexer itself I believe has a crafting grid too - I'm not sure if the remote does, but I think it might?

Reactions: Pyure

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
@TRH_KingChills Oh yeah, that is also a known bug, unlikely to get fixed though.
@Pyure No, there aren't really any frames that reduce lifespan.
Unfortunately, the only ones that I heard ever did that to a significant extent were the Chocolate Frames from Extra Bees, that may have been what you were thinking of from previous packs. The More Bees author might add further frames in later iterations, you never know. Perhaps some sort of temporal frame?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
@TRH_KingChills Oh yeah, that is also a known bug, unlikely to get fixed though.
@Pyure No, there aren't really any frames that reduce lifespan.
Thanks. That's an issue if people want to do bees and there's no workaround to progress towards. I'll look into ways to fix the problem on my side.

Unfortunately, the only ones that I heard ever did that to a significant extent were the Chocolate Frames from Extra Bees, that may have been what you were thinking of from previous packs. The More Bees author might add further frames in later iterations, you never know. Perhaps some sort of temporal frame?
There actually is a Temporal Frame in Magic Bees, although it does the opposite. Timespan reducers include Necrotic and Oblivion frames from Magic bees, Nova and Soul frames from Extra Bees. Probably some others I'm not remembering off the top of my head.

The thing with bees is that they do everything in 24* second pulses, and it can take many pulses for a queen to die. So if you don't have frames to kill them quickly, your options are to do bees in a very boring manner while you stare at the screen for minutes at a time, or to not focus on bees at all (even if you sort of need to). In development vernacular, this is a design bug :p

* I forget the exact number but its somewhere in this vicinity.

Last edited:
Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Jnelso99

Feb 24, 2013
Bug:

To reproduce: Using Ticon crafting station, populate with recipe for AA Single Battery. Click output.
Result: Output disappears, you have no battery, ingredients still in grid but will no longer create a new battery (i.e., you can remove and replace components, but no battery shows up in output), no way to get a battery.
Workaround: Save and Quit to Title, reenter world. Battery will now be in output and can be taken properly, and battery crafting works like normal again (i.e. you can craft more batteries at will).

ErnstLustig

Jul 29, 2019
@Jnelso99 Known, for some weird reason, the AA Batter doesn't want to get crafted. This is acknoledged in the guide though. If you want to have it guaranteed, charge the Energy Module with at least a tiny amount of energy.

P

prehz

Bug: Theres a dupe bug with the calculators mod.. quite gamebreaking with the current version of the pack.. its said to be fixed in the newer version of the mod.. just waiting on a pack update

MonthOLDpickle

Jul 29, 2019
I know this isn't probably the best place or anything but I have been really far out of the loop, is there a checklist or something to help me figure out best way to start?