[1.10.2] Age of Engineering

llloyd

Jul 29, 2019
I got the scroll thing to work, I haven't gotten the right click to craft a stack to work. What mod added that?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I just checked and I am guessing it is Quark that is being used in the DW pack.

That will make too many changes if you add it here, or will require you to disable 99% of the mod. So I suggest reading up on these two and choosing the one that will work the best for you.

Mouse Tweaks
https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/mouse-tweaks?gameCategorySlug=mc-mods&projectID=60089

Item Scroller
https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/item-scroller?gameCategorySlug=mc-mods&projectID=242064

There could be other options but those are the only ones I am aware of.
Will either of these fix the missing "middle-click to balance out recipe ingredients in grid" thing?

B

Btthrom

I was noticing that drums were not in JEi? is this intentional or i am i just not looking for the right things didn't see anything that could store decent amounts of fluid

zBob

Jul 29, 2019
Will either of these fix the missing "middle-click to balance out recipe ingredients in grid" thing?

Does anything here get to where you want to be?

Special case - Crafting grids (or similar)
Starting from version 0.11.0, there is support for crafting grid re-filling and mass crafting of items.

• While hovering over a crafting output slot, scroll down to fill one set of ingredient items to the grid
  • If you hold shift while scrolling down, then the grid is filled as much as possible
  • For this to work, there must either be an item in the output slot (so a set of ingredient items on the grid), or you must have a stored recipe selected while scrolling down over an empty output slot
  • To craft one recipe's worth of items, scroll up while hovering over he output slot
  • To craft all the ingredients from the grid (basically a shift + click on the output slot), hold shift and scroll up
  • To craft as much as possible from all the items available in the GUI, hold Ctrl + Shift + scroll up over the output slot

That's all from inventory scroller, I recommend reading the main page for it here:
https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/item-scroller?gameCategorySlug=mc-mods&projectID=242064

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I'm actually really terrible at describing this. But. Say I want to create 16 furnaces. I do the drag-trick to spread a stack of cobble over 8 slots. Then I split another stack of cobble into say 2 slots because I'm weird. Normally I'd middle-click, which would spread out my 2 stacks of cobble around the 8 slots evenly. But right now, middle-click would actually condense my cobble into slots 0 and 1. Which is ensaddening.

zBob

Jul 29, 2019
I'm actually really terrible at describing this. But. Say I want to create 16 furnaces. I do the drag-trick to spread a stack of cobble over 8 slots. Then I split another stack of cobble into say 2 slots because I'm weird. Normally I'd middle-click, which would spread out my 2 stacks of cobble around the 8 slots evenly. But right now, middle-click would actually condense my cobble into slots 0 and 1. Which is ensaddening.

No idea where that comes from but it seems that this would work, put enough items in the grid for a valid recipe and have lots of the necessary materials in your inventory, then:

• While hovering over a crafting output slot, scroll down to fill one set of ingredient items to the grid
  • To craft one recipe's worth of items, scroll up while hovering over the output slot

scroll down till there are enough mats to craft 16 items, then scroll up 16 times to craft them all. Its a different solution but now you dont have to manage spreading out all the items which in your furnace recipe is not a big dealbut the method I just listed would work much faster to create say 16 pistons.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
No idea where that comes from but it seems that this would work, put enough items in the grid for a valid recipe and have lots of the necessary materials in your inventory, then:

• To craft one recipe's worth of items, scroll up while hovering over the output slot
scroll down till there are enough mats to craft 16 items, then scroll up 16 times to craft them all. Its a different solution but now you dont have to manage spreading out all the items which in your furnace recipe is not a big dealbut the method I just listed would work much faster to create say 16 pistons.
This is really a thing? I'll have to try that tonight (currently at work)

llloyd

Jul 29, 2019
No, it works in Dire's 1.10.2 pack, I can, for example, put a stack of coal and sticks in the crafting grid then right click the torch on the output and get one stack of torches. Shift click makes 4 stacks and uses every thing up. It's maddening having to click a thon to get full stacks. Inventory Sorter does scroll wheel one at a time out of inventory. But not the right click function.

zBob

Jul 29, 2019
This is really a thing? I'll have to try that tonight (currently at work)

Sorry the lead in to my post was to imply I have no idea where the middle click functionality came from but if you have the mod item scroller enabled you could do what I listed. Give their page a good read through.

*edits - could not decide on mod's name and originally thought item scroller was wrong, changed it to inventory scroller then realized that was wrong and put it all back... guess this is all a sign I should go home and stop playing around on message boards

Reactions: Pyure

redcatone

Jul 29, 2019

No, it works in Dire's 1.10.2 pack, I can, for example, put a stack of coal and sticks in the crafting grid then right click the torch on the output and get one stack of torches. Shift click makes 4 stacks and uses every thing up. It's maddening having to click a thon to get full stacks. Inventory Sorter does scroll wheel one at a time out of inventory. But not the right click function.

You can try crafting tweaks, it has a hotkey to balance the grid.
  • Balance the materials in the crafting grid (hotkey: B)
It also brings back the old NEI feature of right click to craft a stack.
  • Right-clicking the result slot will attempt to craft a full stack
*Edit: the 1.8+ version of NEI also has that feature. There's also a spreadsheet that lists which mods bring back the old NEI features.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pyure
P

Pizzanator

I have a bug where my inventory seems to be desyncing, if I sort my inventory, place a block (which immediately disappears), or craft something, it goes back to how it was

efeefeefe

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to lower frequency of rains in game or config?
There is very long way to dragonic evolution age so i cant craft weather controller with rain sensor to automate it right now. I wonder are there any other options without cheating with command block.

Last edited:

Iovancar

Jul 29, 2019
There is very long way to dragonic evolution age so i cant craft weather controller with rain sensor to automate it right now. I wonder are there any other options without cheating with command block.
If you have started working on bees you can still look at the forestry rainmaker .

zBob

Jul 29, 2019

I am guessing you are living in the mining world :)

sleeping through the night is supposed to help reset Minecraft's internal algorithm for when to have it rain, or at least everytime I played skyblock people always told me not to sleep until I had an endless water source setup from catching rain in barrels

the calculator mod has devices to control day/night and weather so you wont have to wait clear till DE.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
I just started this pack a couple of days ago, but the noise from ic2 machines is really bad the extractor is insane, the clank drives me mad, muffler does not work the only thing that does is to turn off sound, then its boring & cant hear creepers a creeping!.

Nice pack & interesting but the idea of having to no sound or that stupid clanking for days until I get the TE machines up is disheartening, I feel like dropping pack & finding a similar with out ic2 sad but true.

Oh well nice pack, nice work on crafting recipes tier system, at the end of the day if one part is not fun I don't see the point in pushing past to get to the fun bits its a game & games are meant to be fun, this is no reflection on the work you have done, its just the noise from ic2, I had same issues with mek in other packs.

ErnstLustig

Jul 29, 2019
Stabilized Stone? You mean Stable Stone? That's much more later game. Also it can't be anything from Calculator as you wouldn't be able to charge the Calculator before that.
I don't think Mekanism mobs are supposed to scale in difficulty.
ExU2 Nodes can't pick up stuff in world anyway in 1.10, Ranged Collector would probably be the earliest way to do this.
IC2 Pump and later the IE Pump for fluids. For Pipes you can use the IE Pipes or ExU2 Transfer Pipes.
To place blocks you can use the Auto-Placer

ErnstLustig

Jul 29, 2019
You can turn off IC2 sounds in the configs if you so wish, but I never understood why people get so mad when machines make sounds. I mean they are machines, of course they make sound. Unless you are making YouTube videos or stream I can't find a reasoning why the sounds are so bad.

Reactions: Golrith

Earhbound

Jul 29, 2019
smaller bug report:

semifluid generator wont accept crystalized canole oil (the one with the non-empowered seeds in it)