[1.10.2] Age of Engineering

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
okay, I redid all the external interfaces and reconnected all the p2p's, and the probleem seems to be solved.
the problem seemed to be with 2 interfaces that somehow affected the whole system, why it was just those 2 interfaces... I have no clue

MatunasCraft

Jul 29, 2019
okay, I redid all the external interfaces and reconnected all the p2p's, and the probleem seems to be solved.
the problem seemed to be with 2 interfaces that somehow affected the whole system, why it was just those 2 interfaces... I have no clue

Direwolf had repeated problems with a P2P interface or two during his AoE series. I think he ended up replacing them all because they continued to bug out every once in a while. Glad you found your problem tho.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Direwolf had repeated problems with a P2P interface or two during his AoE series. I think he ended up replacing them all because they continued to bug out every once in a while. Glad you found your problem tho.

I actually had the problem again now, and I was now able to pinpoint it... storage busses on the storage chambers from calculator
I had the storage busses connected through an interface, that's why I first thought an interface was the problem. I also explains why direwolf doesn't have the problem, because he's storing all the circuits from calculator in storage drawers.

Reactions: ICountFrom0
Q

QuintinStone

Okay, a few Space Age questions:

1. When I Warp the space station to a planet in our solar system, (Mars for example) and go down to the surface, the minimap says "Moon" and it looks like Earth's moon. Is that just a Journeymap naming issue, or am I not landing on Mars?
It's a journeymap naming issue. I had the same surprise.

2. How do I actually go to any of the moons on other planets? I warped to Saturn, because I figured its moon Titan would be a good source of Titanium. But I can't land on Saturn, and I don't see how I can target any of its moons.
I think you double-click on Saturn to zoom in on its moons? There's some way to zoom in on planets that have moons, then you can select the moon as your destination.

GrisGris

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to install this with out using Twitch? My daughter wants to play with me but I don't really want to create her a Twitch account.

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
It should be possible using multimc, it tells you how to on the discord (in the aoe-faq channel). The link to the discord is in the main post.

Reactions: GrisGris and zBob

MatunasCraft

Jul 29, 2019
ProTip: You can waste a lot of Rocket Fuel in the Space Age if you aren't careful. The best way to know if you have enough fuel is to GET INTO YOUR ROCKET and right-click with a fuel tank until the gauge is full. You can keep "adding" fuel even after the fuel gauge is full, but anything beyond that is wasted. I haven't used the Fueling Station, so I don't know if that prevents overfilling.

GrisGris

Jul 29, 2019
It should be possible using multimc, it tells you how to on the discord (in the aoe-faq channel). The link to the discord is in the main post.

1a. What if I am on Linux and/or hate the twitch/curse app?
This will assume you are using MultiMC to launch the pack https://multimc.org/:
Option 1: Change the update branch from stable to development Download the required files Relaunch MultiMC when done Doublecheck that it is now on the development version Download the zip for the version you want from curseforge: https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/age-of-engineering/files Create a new instance and choose the import modpack option, point it to the zip you just download (You may need to open the instance settings and press customize on the forge version) When it finishes downloading you are done, launch the pack and play
Option 2: Use a curse modpack downloader such as CMPDL: https://github.com/Vazkii/CMPDL/releases Use this link for modpack url: https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/age-of-engineering For the Curse File ID use the numbers in the url on the modpack page Example: For version 1.0.3, the file ID is 2446286: https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/age-of-engineering/files/2446286 When CMPDL is finished downloading all the mods, create a new 1.10.2 instance in MultiMC Install the version of forge specified, then copy over the folders CMPDL downloaded to the instance You should now be good to go(edited)

Option 3: Download and follow the instructions listed here: https://github.com/dizzyd/mcdex Credit to: https://www.reddit.com/user/dizzydizzyd

Thanks LordPINE! I got it working using Option 1 :)

G

GoMine1968

Just getting started in to TechReborn so made up a set of NeoTech machines.... What is going on with the power balance on these things - they start out at ~ 300 RF/T x 900 tick ie 270,000 an operation (at which point its cheaper to get more ore via void miners / lens of miner that refine) - but for some reason they suddenly change when you put in an octacore processor down to ~ 1200 RF x 8 ticks or around 10k. This seems to be in the same ball park as normal SAG Mill / Macerator ore processing. They might a well put a label on them as unusable until this point. They are fantastic at this point though (especially if you put in memory so they do multiple operations at same time - you just need to make sure you can cover peak power use or they run backward like a furnace).
- I had a peek at the config there does not seem to be any setting for this...
=> Best way to get refined iron is the Neotech alloy maker and solidifier - liquefy coal and iron and ....
Note: do not move liquid metal via output to a Neotech tank - you seem to loose some (stack iron ore via centrifuge -> tank turned into 2 stacks when reformed + 14 rather than three)

G

GoMine1968

Does anyone else find the solar flux reloaded balance out of wack - there is no benefit for moving up the tiers (as you only get 1 panel, normally it 2 for L3+) even though it is not cheap to do so. What am I missing?

MatunasCraft

Jul 29, 2019
You are missing the upgrades.

I am fairly sure that you can create the upgrades, but they can't be installed. They might be disabled. I'll check again when I get home.

Yep, I made the Transfer Rate Upgrade and Low Light Upgrades, and they won't go in the Solar Panels. (Tier 2 or 3)

I stopped upgrading them because they are more than enough to power the few Alvearies that need RF.

Last edited:

MatunasCraft

Jul 29, 2019
HIghly strange, the cfg file says that they fit...
# Whether or not capacity upgrades should be added to the game. [default: true]
B:CapacityUpgradeActive=true

# Maximum number of capacity upgrade that can be added to a single solar panel. [range: 1 ~ 256, default: 16]
I:CapacityUpgradeMax=16

and if they didn't work, why would they have punishingly hard recipes to craft them?

Course, I'll have to make some to test it myself, eventually, because that's just strange, and I LOVE to see strange things.

Auto-crafting makes the recipes easy. The strange thing is that most of the Upgrades have different Max number allowed on their tooltips. I wonder if there is a bug with the mod.

MatunasCraft

Jul 29, 2019
nope, each of the upgrades DOES have a different cap from eachother. That's configurable. That way you can restrict the number of transfer upgrades, or furnace upgrades, while allowing more efficency upgrades.

Oh okay, I misread your paste of the config to "Maximum number of upgrades" instead of the capacity upgrades specifically. Either way, let me know if you find a way to install the upgrades.

MatunasCraft

Jul 29, 2019
I've been watching DW20, a few episodes behind, as I play for a different perspective, but that's over now.

Everyone can play how they want, and I've even considered adding the mouse wheel scrolling mod as many others have suggested. Quality of Life changes don't bother me much because there isn't any reason why these kinds of mods were specifically kept out. They don't change progression.

When DW20 added the Elevator mod to his pack, I actually thought it was kinda cheesy, but everybody plays differently. I regularly use the FTB Utilities "/home" command, but DW20 didn't. I would presume he knows it exists, but I suspect he just prefers teleporters. No problem there either, because it really doesn't affect progression.

Then I just watched the episode where he added Gendustry because bees "are too slow" and that's total BS. The Guide warns you about starting bees back in Age 4. He said "it's a little bit of cheesing the pack" but actually it's just cheating. Honestly, I think I wouldn't be annoyed as much if he'd just cheated in the Princess/Drones he wanted.

I don't really know why I'm so pissed about this, except that I just watched it so it's fresh in my mind. I guess I assumed DW20 was better than that. For the record, I don't care if anyone else added Gendustry, but I don't think you can really claim to have finished the pack if you did.

TIL I'm a purist. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
in the guide there's a mention that you can get titanium on 2 moons in the solar system, but you actually can't get titanium ore on the moons.
what you need to find is rutile ore, which you need to pulverize, and combine the dust with magnesium dust to create titanium blend, so you can't get titanium straight from the moons.

but here comes my question... is there a planet or moon where you can find magnesium ore? I've tried searching for this answer, but I couldn't find it. I know there's a few ways to create magnesium dust, but is that the only way to get magnesium in this pack?

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
in the guide there's a mention that you can get titanium on 2 moons in the solar system, but you actually can't get titanium ore on the moons.
what you need to find is rutile ore, which you need to pulverize, and combine the dust with magnesium dust to create titanium blend, so you can't get titanium straight from the moons.

but here comes my question... is there a planet or moon where you can find magnesium ore? I've tried searching for this answer, but I couldn't find it. I know there's a few ways to create magnesium dust, but is that the only way to get magnesium in this pack?
Unfortunately I suspect so - if the dust route of red garnet - pyrope - magnesium is present, that may be the only way.

And I thought magnesium in Regrowth was bad...

EDIT: there might be a better route via obsidian dust alternatively. Not sure, but that could be worth a look. Still not magnesium ore though. Thing is, the main things you'd call "magnesium ore" that are actually found IRL are magnesite (MgCO3) and dolomite (a combination of MgCO3 and CaCO3), and brucite (Mg(OH)2) - unless any of those are in, you're out of luck.

Last edited:

MatunasCraft

Jul 29, 2019

I went to Titan, a moon of Saturn, and found Rutile like you said, but also Bauxite. So if you mine for Rutile at Bauxite Y-levels, you should get a lot of Titanium (after processing.)

To process Magnesium, send Peridot Dust thru the Industrial Electrolyzer. It goes about as fast as Ruby Dust, which is much faster than processing Bauxite. Also, remember that you can get Peridot from mining Sapphire Ore, so use your Looting III Hammer, not machines.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame