[1.1.0][JamPacked (the first one and the best one)] Hardcore Testing Mode: Golem Factory

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
That in the wip zone, in 1.0.4 it has been renovated into the great and grand chemistry lab. You can take a sneak peek of 1.0.4 from the first post if you wish, but it will involve some file diving.

Kyre

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I played your map for a little bit and I found it to be pretty fun. Here's a few suggestions and problems I had:

1. Can you please include Inventory Tweaks in your pack? It's so incredibly handy that it got kinda frustrating to play without it.

2. The cooldown timers on repeatable shipment quests are kinda screwy. I think the cooldown is supposed to be in minecraft days / hours, but the timer often would display incorrectly and display clearly incorrect cooldown times.

3. For the strongbox rewards with quicksilver inside, can you put in the quest book explicitly how much quicksilver is a reward?

4. The quest "Energy Cells" is buggy. Sometimes it plain doesn't want to accept the Hardened Energy Cells I've created. This really sucks because you have to turn them in via the QDS, so if they aren't accepted you won't get them back. I tried completing this quest 3 times, and it only worked once. I lost 40 Energy Cells the hard way with no way to get them back, which was where most of my quicksilver was invested at the time :(

5. The "Shipment Upgrade" quest is blank - I assume that it's still a WIP?

Overall I had fun. I'm looking forward to the next version!

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
heyop, Lemmee answer your questions.

1. I know it's a convenience mod, but I feel that if people need it so badly, they can add the mod themselves, I'm cool with people adding mods so long as it doesn't throw the balance of the map.

2. This I know of, other people have reported it. the quests still work as intended, but the display is beyond my control.

3. But that ruins the surprise!

4. I tried with some spawned in energy cells, the quest works when the cell is empty. I'm assuming you're doing the 'select task' syncing correctly, so I'm not sure if you've been charging them before submitting them, or you haven't selected the task and right clicked the QDS.

5. Oh hello! What's this? Thanks for spotting that, I'll work on that asap.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback!

Reactions: WowIGottaPoop

Mechalith

Jul 29, 2019
Any chance of setting up a vendor item of some kind to turn in the repeatable iron ingot quest? I got stuck with not quite enough resources to get any quicksilver back a few times because I didn't have a full 64 stack. Also, the way it's put together currently, there's no way to automate it because the QDS will just eat anything beyond the requirements of the quest. The Cookie Clicker repeatability of it gets WAY more tedious when you can't just make a golem (or something) run it for you.

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
In the case of the iron ingot quest, I'd say that your best option is to hand it in manually. Sometimes you'll have to weigh up when to use the QDS, or use a golem with a precise amount configured to hand it in.

Mechalith

Jul 29, 2019
In the case of the iron ingot quest, I'd say that your best option is to hand it in manually. Sometimes you'll have to weigh up when to use the QDS, or use a golem with a precise amount configured to hand it in.

My precise problem is that if you use a precision golem it will still eat your items unless you're staring at the quest book and clicking 'collect reward' as fast as the golem turns the quest in. It won't queue up, I tested.

I'd even be in favor of setting several higher value iron ingot repeatable quest that required more ingots. 150 quicksilver for 640 iron, for instance, to avoid needing to dink around with it as much.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a reason you give such a huge amount of wax and wool? Since we get enough for over 3k candles but only need the 1k to do the quest. The ratio of wool to wax blocks to candles is 9:8:108 so 1000 candles requires 84 wool and 75 wax blocks with a couple of resources left over.

Also what's the ruling on building our own stuff to help us out? Like our own chests, machines, or even building a crucible for crafting our own golems? We can get most of them after all, just greatwood, flesh, clay, and tallow we can't get.

Iiamghostt

Jul 29, 2019
heyop, Lemmee answer your questions.

1. I know it's a convenience mod, but I feel that if people need it so badly, they can add the mod themselves, I'm cool with people adding mods so long as it doesn't throw the balance of the map.

2. This I know of, other people have reported it. the quests still work as intended, but the display is beyond my control.

3. But that ruins the surprise!

4. I tried with some spawned in energy cells, the quest works when the cell is empty. I'm assuming you're doing the 'select task' syncing correctly, so I'm not sure if you've been charging them before submitting them, or you haven't selected the task and right clicked the QDS.

5. Oh hello! What's this? Thanks for spotting that, I'll work on that asap.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback!
The enemy cell quest is crazy buggy. Maybe 1 in 10 work. Why does that one need to be a qds quest?

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
My precise problem is that if you use a precision golem it will still eat your items unless you're staring at the quest book and clicking 'collect reward' as fast as the golem turns the quest in. It won't queue up, I tested.

I'd even be in favor of setting several higher value iron ingot repeatable quest that required more ingots. 150 quicksilver for 640 iron, for instance, to avoid needing to dink around with it as much.

The quest is designed like that so that it's only used as a last resort, So if you want to keep using the QDS for the iron quest, then I reckon you'll need to alter your infrastructure.

Is there a reason you give such a huge amount of wax and wool? Since we get enough for over 3k candles but only need the 1k to do the quest. The ratio of wool to wax blocks to candles is 9:8:108 so 1000 candles requires 84 wool and 75 wax blocks with a couple of resources left over.

Also what's the ruling on building our own stuff to help us out? Like our own chests, machines, or even building a crucible for crafting our own golems? We can get most of them after all, just greatwood, flesh, clay, and tallow we can't get.

I have no idea what I was thinking then, except that consumers would have no idea how much materials go into their goods. I'll half what you get, but I don't understand why you're complaining that you've got more stuff.
And no, you can't build machines, since it goes against the ethic of the whole map. You'll get your crucible soon enough though. Chests you'll be required to make at some stage, so if you can get your own wood, I suppo- oh boy I think I realised another issue with the map. Should be fixed soon now that I know of it.

The enemy cell quest is crazy buggy. Maybe 1 in 10 work. Why does that one need to be a qds quest?

Hm, well since it seems like a problem quite a few people are getting, I'll see what I can do about that. Hopefully I'll have it sorted for the official 1.0.4 release.

Iiamghostt

Jul 29, 2019
I realize the qds system isn't built around automation, but there has to be some way to push an exact amount. Maybe some form of vendor bot from some mod... right now there's too much micro managing. I should be looking at my minions scurry, not he running around myself filling this chest, getting these mats, sending these away. Should be self sufficient. However, as I said, aside from choosing hqm,this isn't your fault.
2) trees: need more room, I tried plant in saplings on the crop area, and threw down a lamp of growth with a jar of green, trees never grew. Maybe you could make a big outdoor fence, and put the tree area out there.
3) I see some people are having issues with the gates, have you tried using tinkers construct drawbridges? Much more efficient, no blockage, and they can be filled with anything.
4)Why not use AE? We don't have to built it, but parts of it could be unlocked via a quest. Maybe some of those me chests, or those planes.
5) Future idea, buildcraft robots. Also drones from pneu

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
I realize the qds system isn't built around automation, but there has to be some way to push an exact amount. Maybe some form of vendor bot from some mod... right now there's too much micro managing. I should be looking at my minions scurry, not he running around myself filling this chest, getting these mats, sending these away. Should be self sufficient. However, as I said, aside from choosing hqm,this isn't your fault.
2) trees: need more room, I tried plant in saplings on the crop area, and threw down a lamp of growth with a jar of green, trees never grew. Maybe you could make a big outdoor fence, and put the tree area out there.
3) I see some people are having issues with the gates, have you tried using tinkers construct drawbridges? Much more efficient, no blockage, and they can be filled with anything.
4)Why not use AE? We don't have to built it, but parts of it could be unlocked via a quest. Maybe some of those me chests, or those planes.
5) Future idea, buildcraft robots. Also drones from pneu

1. I think using the QDS isn't so bad for the complex tasks as I'd imagine that people wouldn't just overproduce something that is at least halfway expensive, I'm not sure if people are entirely aware, but micromanaging is the name of the game, sorry if people weren't aware of that, I honestly thought people would assume that.

2. Working on that right now!

3 & 4. I want to use as little mods as possible, I considered drawbridges, but if I was to include those mods I'd feel I'd have to include the rest of the mods as well.

5. I joked about the pneumatic drones, but I dunno. maybe a future version? maybe someone else can?

thomboy90

Jul 29, 2019
hey i found a bug. when i want to complete the "energy cells" quest and i set up a golem to automaticly put them into the QDS they don't complete the quest

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
yep, the two people above you have said the same thing.

I think I've got that fixed, but now I'm a little concerned about the battery quest. If people want to cheat past the energy cell quest, they'll have my permission to do that if they give me a screenshot of having 20 hardened energy cells.

GuitarCat

Jul 29, 2019
I know that it is against the rules to make TE machines, but are you allowed to make anything from extra utilities or thaumcraft?

Also can you add a book you can buy with information about all of the golems and how to use them?

Last edited:

thomboy90

Jul 29, 2019
the trees aren't plantable beause the quest gate system blocks stay. it's the same with top of the machines/ maybe in the farm area only block of the sides and not the top

thomboy90

Jul 29, 2019
o yeah and i don't know if you know yet but the problem with the QDS is because of the golems. i hooked a item node from a chest to the QDS and it worked

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
I know that it is against the rules to make TE machines, but are you allowed to make anything from extra utilities or thaumcraft?

Also can you add a book you can buy with information about all of the golems and how to use them?

Consider what is in the spirit of the map. Would I , as a mapmaker, have wanted you to make things that render the other functions of the map obsolete?

And you will be getting a cheat sheet from the very beginning in the next version, so no purchase will be necessary.

the trees aren't plantable beause the quest gate system blocks stay. it's the same with top of the machines/ maybe in the farm area only block of the sides and not the top

Known, Have fixed.

o yeah and i don't know if you know yet but the problem with the QDS is because of the golems. i hooked a item node from a chest to the QDS and it worked

Hm, I understand that golems aren't the best method of inserting, but if they're making the quests not work, hm.
Using item nodes, and even hoppers for the QDS, I'll allow. Actually, can people tell me if adding hoppers to the QDS make them work better?