[1.1.0][JamPacked (the first one and the best one)] Hardcore Testing Mode: Golem Factory

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
Hm, I'm having difficulty trying to find a way of placing Gate blocks letting golems pathfind to the blocks, while also making sure that the player can't access the machine it's blocking through the golem hole. Have any of you guys got a good idea?

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
-1. Yes, read the first Post.
-2. Yes, read the first Post.
-3. You can buy it in the shop. I am planning on giving people some starting resources, but until then, read the first post.

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
Updated first post, there is a new map that will let golems access the sides of the machines, but not the top of them. Hopefully that can let you have a test, and suggest new quests. I'm also thinking of abolishing the 'no crafting table rules' for sake of having an earlygame quest for crafting. What do you guys think?

Reactions: pc_assassin

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Yah I think an early game quest would help

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

kardain

Jul 29, 2019
I found a couple minor issues with the new map.

In the corner under the "office area," it appears a couple blocks were left out leaving holes in which golems may fall.

Nqwq1Lrl.jpg

Also, I'm not entirely sure the point of the exposed pistons so I'm just gonna say aesthetics. On a related note, the furnace in the back corner of the factory floor... leaving that open, was that intentional?

Next, the outside area. Based on my interpretation of the original post, everything in the questline should be done within the factory so this is more of a suggestion than a fix. As shipped, the replacement map contains dark areas where hostiles can and will spawn at night. If the plan is to later include some sort of mob quest, disregard the following.

Here is the NEI mob spawn overlay as shipped:

60nspxLl.png

To remedy this, placing a 2x1 layer of brick slabs on the top wall will keep out rogue spiders. Paving stones of warding at the end will keep out the stray zombie/creeper/skele. Arcane lamps at the end light up the driveway.

ATTZ0lCl.jpg

None of this really detracts from the aesthetic look/feel of the Factory.

The TE quests look fine. TC quests, I'm at a loss for suggestions. Ironically, I really only use TC for golems and stop researching things after that.

As far as other bugs/loopholes, without having a defined starting point (loosely or otherwise) for the questline (short of cheating in items, which I am reluctant to do), I'm unable to find any at this time. However this pack will stay on my radar. I have a soft spot for packs that rely on thought/effort rather than "let's throw all the mods we can at it and have no continuity" packs.

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
Ah, whoops, I was supposed to fill them in, thanks for pointing those out, they're meant to be cyclic assemblers, I guess I hadn't done them, or maybe these are a spare set, I'll double check.

And I forgot to mention that the pack is meant to be played on peaceful, I thought my settings would carry over, but apparently not. heh, sorry if any spiders climbed into your base. I do like the warded blocks though, I might impliment that in case some golems get adventurous.

As for quests, I only really included TC because of golems, but any crafting recipes that don't need magic I'll use, mainly since the concept of this is to be industrial so you can provide the market with mass produced goods, and thaumcraft has more of an artisan's touch. But candles? you can mass produce them by smacking tallow together around some string, that's a machine's job.

And yes, there is a furnace open, mainly so people don't start off with nothing. Thanks for your feedback!

EDIT: Seems like they're a spare set, they can probably be removed, but then there'll be just empty space. Suggestions for what goes underneath instead, or shall I leave it bare? I might even just make it so you get two cyclic assemblers per quest and have the rest go in there?

Last edited:

kardain

Jul 29, 2019
I was mainly curious about the furnace downstairs as there is one upstairs in the "kitchen area" that's powered and available. Additional cyclics or other TE machines would be fine. Whatever you feel will keep balance.

And I forgot to mention that the pack is meant to be played on peaceful, I thought my settings would carry over, but apparently not. heh, sorry if any spiders climbed into your base. I do like the warded blocks though, I might impliment that in case some golems get adventurous.

Unless a map is shipped in hardcore, client difficulty will take precedence. So while you may have set it on peaceful, someone playing in hard will have mobs. No mobs got in as they don't agro towards players in creative.

Honestly though, as there is a food quest/shop, playing it in other difficulties wouldn't be an issue.

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
Shh! Don't tell anyone about the kitchen! :p

I have submitted 1.0.2 to the launcher guys, so hopefully the new version will come out tomorrow. After that, There should be no more updates to the map itself, I'll be focusing on quests as there'll be only a few days left. I'll mainly be looking for suggestions for quests, particularly ones that can be used for induction smelters, crops and animals.

Anyway, I appreciate feedback so far, hopefully after I've submitted the map to JamPacked, I'll release 1.1.0 so you can actually play the map. Thanks for helping me this far!

DueUnleashed

Jul 29, 2019
Shh! Don't tell anyone about the kitchen! :p

I have submitted 1.0.2 to the launcher guys, so hopefully the new version will come out tomorrow. After that, There should be no more updates to the map itself, I'll be focusing on quests as there'll be only a few days left. I'll mainly be looking for suggestions for quests, particularly ones that can be used for induction smelters, crops and animals.

Anyway, I appreciate feedback so far, hopefully after I've submitted the map to JamPacked, I'll release 1.1.0 so you can actually play the map. Thanks for helping me this far!
yay, thanks, now i shall see what has been done

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
They will become resources needed for future quests, Eventually you can laugh at the shop as you sell chests back to it. Or something.

Ender Lilies are the only peaceful way of getting ender pearls, And I think at the very end of the questline I'll probably make you do a shipment of tesseract frames. That, or you can teleport 'round like a swag mofo and give a reason for me to add hearts to the map.

WowIGottaPoop

Jul 29, 2019
i think that you should have made it a progression where you start out as a store and saved your money then unlocked the factory

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
Ok, I have worked on it a bit more, and I'm about to submit it as it is, but I was wondering, since I've done enough for me to consider it playable, if not complete, would you like it as creative mode or finally as survival mode where you can grab golems and start making goods?