[0.5.1] Technomancy Discussion-Ore processing like a boss

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
Would there be any appeal in a dimension that was entirely flat and held nothing of any value whatsoever?

Alternatively, would there be any appeal in a "Center of the Universe" dimension?
Maybe something like this
Prismo_Timerooms4.png
Flat and black as far as the eye can see, the end of the universe. I would totally use that

Reactions: Padfoote

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Would there be any appeal in a dimension that was entirely flat and held nothing of any value whatsoever?

Alternatively, would there be any appeal in a "Center of the Universe" dimension?
Maybe something like this
Prismo_Timerooms4.png
The flatzone sounds kinda cool, but somewhat meh as well.
Center of the universe could be interesting, assuming that's what the picture is.

What I REALLY want is a Distortion Realm ala Pokemon Platinum. Non-euclidean geometry everywhere. Walking on walls because the floor is missing(and under it is something worse then lava), appearing/disappearing platforms needed to get further in, and the occasional missingno-esque foe. Things that don't just kill you, the turn reality into things like that picture.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Great idea for the dimensions, but how would you get to them? Some sort of Vis Distorter? Turn one Vis into another, but can bring you to the center/end of the universe? Oh, and here's how the Vis Distorter would work:
Tap on it with a wand, then select a type of Vis to draw from. Then, pipe in essentia. It would turn Vis of one type into Vis of another at a 1:1 ratio. The amount of essentia it consumes in the process is configurable. Something like 10 for default? Also consumes 10 RF per Vis converted.

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
What I REALLY want is a Distortion Realm ala Pokemon Platinum. Non-euclidean geometry everywhere. Walking on walls because the floor is missing(and under it is something worse then lava), appearing/disappearing platforms needed to get further in, and the occasional missingno-esque foe. Things that don't just kill you, the turn reality into things like that picture.
In general, a dimension where gravity was completely screwed up would be awesome.

Reactions: Padfoote and YX33A

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Great idea for the dimensions, but how would you get to them? Some sort of Vis Distorter? Turn one Vis into another, but can bring you to the center/end of the universe? Oh, and here's how the Vis Distorter would work:
Tap on it with a wand, then select a type of Vis to draw from. Then, pipe in essentia. It would turn Vis of one type into Vis of another at a 1:1 ratio. The amount of essentia it consumes in the process is configurable. Something like 10 for default? Also consumes 10 RF per Vis converted.
I'd rather it work like an inverse essentia centrifuge. 2 of 2 kinds of essentia that can combine piped it(or inserted somehow) and out comes 1 of the combination essentia. Muck this up and it doesn't output essentia of any kind but still consumes it. After it reaches a certain point it breaks, leaving a new block that if you pump enough alienis and iter(travel) into it generates a portal to the new dimension.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
I'd rather it work like an inverse essentia centrifuge. 2 of 2 kinds of essentia that can combine piped it(or inserted somehow) and out comes 1 of the combination essentia. Muck this up and it doesn't output essentia of any kind but still consumes it. After it reaches a certain point it breaks, leaving a new block that if you pump enough alienis and iter(travel) into it generates a portal to the new dimension.
Much better. I want a easier way to get certain types of Vis though. I have the worst luck finding nodes of certain types.

Reactions: YX33A

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Much better. I want a easier way to get certain types of Vis though. I have the worst luck finding nodes of certain types.
Maybe a wand uncharging station? One still needs a source of that type of Vis, but that's easy enough to get.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
The flatzone sounds kinda cool, but somewhat meh as well.
Center of the universe could be interesting, assuming that's what the picture is.

I like a distorted gravity dimension, but I'm not sure how difficult that would be to implement as well as creating world gen for it.

As far as entry into the dimension, there would be a ritual + some nifty lazers to open the portal. Not 100% sure of that though, I was just curious about the appeal of one would be.

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
This discussion has inspired me, so:

Gravity Wand Core: Alters the gravity of your player. Shift-right click to cycle through changing gravity clockwise, counterclockwise and flipping it and right click to activate.

^^^ I have seen a mod do this. It's possible. Yes, it also changes your PoV so you'll SEE everything as upside-down if you flip gravity.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
I like a distorted gravity dimension, but I'm not sure how difficult that would be to implement as well as creating world gen for it.

As far as entry into the dimension, there would be a ritual + some nifty lazers to open the portal. Not 100% sure of that though, I was just curious about the appeal of one would be.
The way you could do an "adjusted gravity" dimension is just changing the POV so that everything looks sideways

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe a wand uncharging station? One still needs a source of that type of Vis, but that's easy enough to get.
That gave me an awesome idea. Vis batteries and auto arcane worktable. Using YX33A's decharging idea, you charge the battery which is in a 5 block range of the auto table, which will craft a given recipe as long as it has all the items and the battery has enough vis.

Reactions: trajing

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
This discussion has inspired me, so:

Gravity Wand Core: Alters the gravity of your player. Shift-right click to cycle through changing gravity clockwise, counterclockwise and flipping it and right click to activate.

^^^ I have seen a mod do this. It's possible. Yes, it also changes your PoV so you'll SEE everything as upside-down if you flip gravity.
I'm aware that it can be done, I'm just not sure if I can do it. I also don't want to use an unoriginal idea >.> too tacky. Maybe for a dimension, not for an item.
The way you could do an "adjusted gravity" dimension is just changing the POV so that everything looks sideways
Wouldn't that just make everything look sideways? If we're doing adjusted gravity, people are going to be walking on walls and ceilings here.
That gave me an awesome idea. Vis batteries and auto arcane worktable. Using YX33A's decharging idea, you charge the battery which is in a 5 block range of the auto table, which will craft a given recipe as long as it has all the items and the battery has enough vis.
What if it just drew vis from nearby nodes instead of having an actually vis battery?

Reactions: Not_Steve

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I'm aware that it can be done, I'm just not sure if I can do it. I also don't want to use an unoriginal idea >.> too tacky. Maybe for a dimension, not for an item.

Wouldn't that just make everything look sideways? If we're doing adjusted gravity, people are going to be walking on walls and ceilings here.

What if it just drew vis from nearby nodes instead of having an actually vis battery?
Then it's not that different(IMO) from a wand recharging pedestal. Plus one could use a vis battery to uncharge a wand, then charge another.

MrWonderful2012

Jul 29, 2019
I have an idea for how turning essentia into vis and vice versa could work: there are 7 essential substances: ignis aqua aer terra ordo perdito and pure vis.When any of the first 6 are combined with pure vis they turn into their energized vis form.This process could also be reversed and energy can be turned back into vis using a device that functions like a node dynamo in reverse that turns energy back into vis but different than the node fabricator.Then there would be two new devices the vis drainer and the vis infuser wip names but they are decent enough.The vis drainer would turn vis back into essentia and pure vis.The vis infuser would turn essentia and pure vis into vis.Hope you like my idea! :)

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
Then it's not that different(IMO) from a wand recharging pedestal. Plus one could use a vis battery to uncharge a wand, then charge another.
I mean if the autocrafter did.

Regardless, I have an idea for autocrafting that uses essentia instead of items (but will only work with certain resources).

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
hrm... doing gravity stuff will probubly require the base player classes to be edited, witch in turn will cause incompatibilities with galacticraft, witch edits those classes as well.

(im so proud i know that!)

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
hrm... doing gravity stuff will probubly require the base player classes to be edited, witch in turn will cause incompatibilities with galacticraft, witch edits those classes as well.

(im so proud i know that!)
Except that is incorrect. More then a few mods exist that do not edit base classes yet allow for such things. A popular choice(AFAIK) is Star Miner. Note the lack of base edits. Sure, maybe it uses forge coremod functionality to add edits that would normally be base edits, but that's not the same thing(and is way more compatible).

MagisterXero

Jul 29, 2019
I think this mod is causing a very strange, albeit not game breaking, bug with the Chisel mod.
It doesn't appear to be an ID conflict, I checked all the IDs between mods to make sure.

Anyway, whenever you have a chisel and open its gui and there is no block in the chisel, it adds in a strange block.
I've been told that this block appears in AE Import/Export buses as well after a server restart.

The chisel bug is not such a big deal, but the AE one is a massive issue, because it means that AE won't interact with inventories to pull from them, as it would only be looking for this block.
That usually will cause tons of lag and break things pretty badly.
Note this is on v0.2.2

ksBHxb3.png