[0.5.1] Technomancy Discussion-Ore processing like a boss

MagisterXero

Jul 29, 2019
I was hoping as much, but I didn't see it in the changelog so I decided to post about it to confirm if it was known.

Thanks!

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
Just a few more thoughts on the whole dimension thing...

I've been looking through code and doing some expirements, and I can say that it wouldn't be too difficult for me to alter gravity in the dimension depending on the blocks the player is touching/walking on. That being said, creating a dimension for the Center of the Multiverse could be a new fun thing to mess around with that contains new blocks that altar gravity when you stand on them, but only for the player standing on them (for any of you who have played Pokemon Platinum, the distorted world is similar to what I'm thinking as suggested by @YX33A). In the center of the Center, there would be a large square room containing the Multiversal crystal that can be used to travel to any dimension. The crystal itself will be unbreakable, but items could be created to harness its power and use it. The possessed power will not be eternal and if not contained properly, can cause feedback when it breaks. Another device can be made to harness the power of the Multiversal crystal, but due to the device being specifically bound to the player that makes it, the player cannot share the device nor can they have multiples of it without causing a rift in the multiverse pulling you into the void along with the devices wherever they may lie.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
279a62436345e370d81a71acfbced185f62c9853cb7e2ec5cf05acbbfba11bff.jpg

I'm transfixed by this idea. We need more.

Mortvana

Jul 29, 2019
Um... The bellows are being Goofy Asshats again :p They reorient on the chunk unloading... And yes I am using v0.3.0a

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
If I created the Eldritch Reconstructor (makes basic blocks/items from essentia based on their aspects), whould it have a GUI or not?
If it did, it would most likely be two slots, one for the item to be duplicated, another for the stack.
If not, right clicking with a block/item would place the item in the reconstructor. To get items out, just right click again. Shift right click to pull out the base item.
Either way, pipes would still work. Any thoughts/preferences?

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
If I created the Eldritch Reconstructor (makes basic blocks/items from essentia based on their aspects), whould it have a GUI or not?
If it did, it would most likely be two slots, one for the item to be duplicated, another for the stack.
If not, right clicking with a block/item would place the item in the reconstructor. To get items out, just right click again. Shift right click to pull out the base item.
If there's no gui, would you be able to make progress of reconstruction visible from the animation/texture of the block?
(Unless you don't plan on it taking very long for the reconstruction process)

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds good, but keep it simple and clean like Thermal Expansion. No need for overly fancy and confusing GUI's.

Albin_Xavier

Jul 29, 2019
I like having GUIs on everything, I really hate it when I have machines without a GUI because it's difficult to figure out how to use it. (Usually)

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
Personally I'm torn, no gui is better immersion for magic oriented mods (imo), but MarkusT certainly has a point. Nevertheless in this case right-clicking it should make obvious how it works, so I tend to favour no gui.

Reactions: Padfoote

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
Personally I'm torn, no gui is better immersion for magic oriented mods (imo), but MarkusT certainly has a point. Nevertheless in this case right-clicking it should make obvious how it works, so I tend to favour no gui.
Except that in this case the mod is half tech / half magic, and we need to know what essentia to use to create a block; basically an input and output.

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
Except that in this case the mod is half tech / half magic, and we need to know what essentia to use to create a block; basically an input and output.
True in principle, but no gui necessary to show the aspects, that's what your goggles of revealing are for =)

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
The essentia need to make the block is the same as its aspects. You could use the goggles of revealing to figure out what aspects are in there to know what you need.
If there's no gui, would you be able to make progress of reconstruction visible from the animation/texture of the block?
(Unless you don't plan on it taking very long for the reconstruction process)
It works instantly as long as it has the energy and essentia needed. Essentia doesn't flow instantly so that makes up for any kind of processing time I would add.

Albin_Xavier

Jul 29, 2019
All right, with magic mods, a GUI isn't necessary, but if it get's too complicated, it can be difficult to understand without a GUI.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
All right, with magic mods, a GUI isn't necessary, but if it get's to complicated, it can be difficult to understand without a GUI.
The block shows the items in it and goggles shows the essentia in it. Shift right click to draw/place an item in it. Right click to take items out. Easy enough?