[0.5.1] Technomancy Discussion-Ore processing like a boss

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
The essentia need to make the block is the same as its aspects. You could use the goggles of revealing to figure out what aspects are in there to know what you need.

It works instantly as long as it has the energy and essentia needed. Essentia doesn't flow instantly so that makes up for any kind of processing time I would add.
Oki doki, adding my vote to the no GUI club then. Perhaps would you be able to make it so that it shows the amount of essentia inside while looking at it with goggles? (Kinda like what the infusion altar does) [EDIT: Saw you already are planning on doing this]

I just don't like it when there's a significant wait time, and you have no idea if it's going to be done the second you turn around or if you have to wait another few minutes

Last edited:

thestarlion

Jul 29, 2019
As long as there's some kind of progress notification (Maybe a rendered holo-block that becomes solid?) for something like this I'd prefer no GUI - figuring out how to work it can (and IMO should) be handled by the Thaumonomicon entry.

Reactions: YX33A

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
Is this block capable of ignoring the current 8-aspect limit thaumcraft imposes upon everything now? If not, this can easily be used for duping.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Is this block capable of ignoring the current 8-aspect limit thaumcraft imposes upon everything now? If not, this can easily be used for duping.
What do you mean? You put essentia into it to produce blocks, it doesn't give you research points.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019

The whole point is it is duping. But you need to take something to give something. However as all things first comes the design, then balance is later

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
The aspects you see when you scan a thing is the aspects which the thing has. Azanor recently set a cap on the maximum number of a single aspect a thing can have, so that it's more efficient to essentialize raw materials rather then finished products.

I assume that this machine will not be using a custom item/aspect list and will instead be based off the actual aspects of things, which could lead to all kinds of trouble...

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
The aspects you see when you scan a thing is the aspects which the thing has. Azanor recently set a cap on the maximum number of a single aspect a thing can have, so that it's more efficient to essentialize raw materials rather then finished products.

I assume that this machine will not be using a custom item/aspect list and will instead be based off the actual aspects of things, which leads to all kinds of trouble...
This is true.. perhaps an idea for balance then is you need to give this block double the aspects that are contained in the original block?
This would be a tricky thing to balance though, it very quickly goes from something useful to something horrendous to use if you impose too much on it

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019

I assume that this machine will not be using a custom item/aspect list and will instead be based off the actual aspects of things, which leads to all kinds of trouble...
The aspects an item has is the essentia you get out of it when you throw it in an alchemical furnace. The reconstructor is able to take essentia from burning objects and reform them from the same essentia. This won't apply to every object, just basic resources such as vanilla blocks, ores, ingots, and a few crucible recipes. You won't be able to use the reconstructor to make expensive objects, only basic materials.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
This is true.. perhaps an idea for balance then is you need to give this block double the aspects that are contained in the original block?
This would be a tricky thing to balance though, it very quickly goes from something useful to something horrendous to use if you impose too much on it
Thaumic Tinkerer used to have a device that could duplicate things using nothing but essentia, but only only worked on "simple" things(so resources at best) and cost 4 times the actual essentia gained from melting it down in a crucible(this was during TC3).

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
Personally, I think the most reasonable way to balance it is to limit what can be made to a list of acceptable raw materials. For example, iron ore or ingots, but not iron blocks or buckets.

EDIT: Oh good, demo seems to have already had my idea. :p

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
Out of curiosity, how's Harder Taint going?
Haven't started. I've temporarily burned myself out on making new stuff so I'm just fixing some bugs and adding a few renderers here and there.
Personally, I think the most reasonable way to balance it is to limit what can be made to a list of acceptable raw materials. For example, iron ore or ingots, but not iron blocks or buckets.

EDIT: Oh good, demo seems to have already had my idea. :p
I had that idea when I first came up with the mod.
I gave a very vague description of the reconstructor, so allow me to explain.

It will not be able to create any item. an item will be placed into the machine's inventory and aspects will be fed in to create that item. This is will more than likely be limited to raw materials such as ingots, crystals, and other generic blocks. Things like arcane bores or silverwood wand cores won't be able to be created. It's basically a way of transmuting items to essentia into other items. It's basically the the Thaumcraft UUM.

Albin_Xavier

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed that the energized wand doesn't work with the caps from addons, such as the Ichorium caps from Thaumic Tinkerer KAMI.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed that the energized wand doesn't work with the caps from addons, such as the Ichorium caps from Thaumic Tinkerer KAMI.
It's not inteded to. I'd like to limit the amount of vis you get from that thing. It's rather cheap for an unlimited supply of vis simply by using RF. No need to make it too OP.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
It's not inteded to. I'd like to limit the amount of vis you get from that thing. It's rather cheap for an unlimited supply of vis simply by using RF. No need to make it too OP.
Would it be possible to make that configurable?