[0.5.1] Technomancy Discussion-Ore processing like a boss

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
New idea- modifiers that increase the chance of flux... This is literally just because I get so little flux goo per infusion
If you can find a lower item cost recipe, I believe TT is adding a way with to use dynamism tablets to autostart infusion crafting so you can potential craft some cheap thing in an infusion altar to produce flux goo.
Not sure how useful adding flux would actually be. There really isn't a use for flux goo right now other than trolling/attempt at a slime farm.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
A perhaps on the shock cap, but I do love the lightning thing. Perhaps it could increase the max vis storage?

perhaps also have a short duration of increased lightning attacks, for like a minute or 2
it won't be very helpful, as it's pretty hard to get hit by lightning at the exact time you want it to, but it's the thought that counts ;)

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
I tested it, and they did not. It only worked when I connected the jars directly to pipes.
Can't say I'm surprised. There's not much I can do to fix it though, you're just going to have to use pipes to connect them.
perhaps also have a short duration of increased lightning attacks, for like a minute or 2
it won't be very helpful, as it's pretty hard to get hit by lightning at the exact time you want it to, but it's the thought that counts ;)
Eck, that's half useless though. If you're going to go through the trouble of getting struck by lightning, you might as well get something half decent from it.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Can't say I'm surprised. There's not much I can do to fix it though, you're just going to have to use pipes to connect them.

Eck, that's half useless though. If you're going to go through the trouble of getting struck by lightning, you might as well get something half decent from it.

I didn't mean to not have the RF wand be upgraded like that with bigger storage, I really like that idea and was thinking of it myself aswell, but having what I mentioned be a side-effect for the process aswell, like a little bonus.
perhaps another idea is to have a certain cap, or ritual which can increase the chance of getting hit by lightning when having the wand, but as a negative side-effect if you get hit too fast by lightning again after you already got hit by it not too long ago, the wand could not handle all the energy and will explode in your hands

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't mean to not have the RF wand be upgraded like that with bigger storage, I really like that idea and was thinking of it myself aswell, but having what I mentioned be a side-effect for the process aswell, like a little bonus.
perhaps another idea is to have a certain cap, or ritual which can increase the chance of getting hit by lightning when having the wand, but as a negative side-effect if you get hit too fast by lightning again after you already got hit by it not too long ago, the wand could not handle all the energy and will explode in your hands
So say it increases the vis storage by 5 each time you're struck by lightning, but if it ever exceeds 50, it gets feedback and explodes. Config option of course. Not sure if that sounds too punishing or if it would be a nice balance.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
So say it increases the vis storage by 5 each time you're struck by lightning, but if it ever exceeds 50, it gets feedback and explodes. Config option of course. Not sure if that sounds too punishing or if it would be a nice balance.

Perhaps if it gets too high, it short circuits and you lose all bonus vis storage.
EDIT: You'd have to make sure to include a text notification of that happening so that you don't get a flood of bug reports saying that after too many lightning strikes it loses NBT data

Last edited:
Reactions: YX33A

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
Perhaps if it gets too high, it short circuits and you lose all bonus vis storage.
EDIT: You'd have to make sure to include a text notification of that happening so that you don't get a flood of bug reports saying that after too many lightning strikes it loses NBT data
Well there would definitely be something in the Thaumonomicon saying that, but I doubt very many people who send bug reports actually know what NBT data is.

Reactions: YX33A and Adonis0

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
Would there be any appeal in a dimension that was entirely flat and held nothing of any value whatsoever?

Alternatively, would there be any appeal in a "Center of the Universe" dimension?
Maybe something like this
Prismo_Timerooms4.png