[1.7.10] Material Energy^4

efefe48

Jul 29, 2019
I wish i could fnd a good wiki for ztones. I'd like to know exactly how garden soil works.
I think it grows sliiightly faster and cant be jumped on to turn into dirt, and its made with totem tool used on dirt/grass
latest

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
Incidentally, not sure if it's intended but ztones seem to be a good source of carbon nanotubes (along with a whole load of iron). That's how I got my polytool, tearing down a few of the structures in the Biosphere. It seemed a little on the easy side, but I wasn't going to argue at that point.

EDIT: Probably also noting here that there seems to be a bug with world anchors and/or painted blocks at low levels crashing clients on render. Happened to me when I placed one on the bottom of the area under the VM and had to go in through MCEdit and clear it out.

adamich

Jul 29, 2019
Bug #2 with magma cruciable (basic) and quest with it.
I craft it and placed. After some time break it and tring complit quest with that item. I can't to do it. :(
machine work well, relogoning 2 times.

Found out why it's happened: machine was full of energy. So NBT was changed from clear and HQM don't recognize it.

But still have questions about other errors.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
What is a good way to get energy?
I'm currently running on a rejigged reactor (7x7x7, 5 rods in a X shape), which seems to be giving enough for the moment. Probably going to look into automatic/renewable power, but I'm not sure where to go with that. There's wood/charcoal or probably some manner of culinary generator, but magmatic isn't renewable (I've just got 20 magmatic dynamos in a reward bag). Might try upgrading to a turbine at some point, but that's putting the issue off rather than actually fixing it, and is only really useful if you've got either a LOT of energy storage, or a constant load .

soccerplayer331

Jul 29, 2019
I'm currently running on a rejigged reactor (7x7x7, 5 rods in a X shape), which seems to be giving enough for the moment. Probably going to look into automatic/renewable power, but I'm not sure where to go with that. There's wood/charcoal or probably some manner of culinary generator, but magmatic isn't renewable (I've just got 20 magmatic dynamos in a reward bag). Might try upgrading to a turbine at some point, but that's putting the issue off rather than actually fixing it, and is only really useful if you've got either a LOT of energy storage, or a constant load .
Can you post a picture of that reactor for me?

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
Can you post a picture of that reactor for me?
I probably can when I get back from work, but it's a relatively simple design. The shell is 7x7x7 (5x5x5 internal), and the internal structure looks like this (top down):
C C C C C
C F C F C
C C F C C
C F C F C
C C C C C
Where C is cryotherm, and F is fuel rod. This uses about 4 more fuel rod blocks than you get back from dismantling the reactor room reactor, but I got a load as a reward, and they're not overly expensive at any rate. Everything else should be salvageable from the large one. Don't forget to put the tesseract back, and remember that the reactor can be moved to, say, the observatory until you are able to make tesseracts of your own.

soccerplayer331

Jul 29, 2019
I probably can when I get back from work, but it's a relatively simple design. The shell is 7x7x7 (5x5x5 internal), and the internal structure looks like this (top down):
C C C C C
C F C F C
C C F C C
C F C F C
C C C C C
Where C is cryotherm, and F is fuel rod. This uses about 4 more fuel rod blocks than you get back from dismantling the reactor room reactor, but I got a load as a reward, and they're not overly expensive at any rate. Everything else should be salvageable from the large one. Don't forget to put the tesseract back, and remember that the reactor can be moved to, say, the observatory until you are able to make tesseracts of your own.
Thanks, the picture is not necessary now.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, the picture is not necessary now.
No worries. The lack of easy farm automation makes renewable energy tricky. In order to work it, you need to have some form of auto-crafting alongside it for the tools for the auto-farmer. There's no easy resource of lava or wood to get from anywhere, as far as I can tell (only just got the Nether disk, and not loaded it yet, so that might offer better options).

Shilldog

Jul 29, 2019
No worries. The lack of easy farm automation makes renewable energy tricky. In order to work it, you need to have some form of auto-crafting alongside it for the tools for the auto-farmer. There's no easy resource of lava or wood to get from anywhere, as far as I can tell (only just got the Nether disk, and not loaded it yet, so that might offer better options).

Actually, I've got a really easy renewable setup currently running. 16 furnace generators, hooked up to a decomposer, being filled with an infinite water source. Pipe the oxygen to a trashcan, and the hydrogen to generators. Each hydrogen makes 1245 (if I remember the math) more RF than it costs to make. With enough water input speed, and item pulling speed, you can keep all the furnaces running.

I have a set hooked up to the fusion dealy, and a set hooked up in my general area in the observatory. Constant free energy. And the number (640rf/t) is exactly what the enderio pipes can hold I believe. I can post pictures when I get home tonight, if anyone wants to see what the heck I am talking about.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
What's wrong with the reactor that is provided? Does it not give enough power? I am 'only' 7 wools in, but so far I have not needed lots of power.
Generally, it's not the most efficient of designs, you get more RF per yelloruim, and I had to move it anyway (or keep running back and forward with energy cells, which did not appeal).
Actually, I've got a really easy renewable setup currently running. 16 furnace generators, hooked up to a decomposer, being filled with an infinite water source. Pipe the oxygen to a trashcan, and the hydrogen to generators. Each hydrogen makes 1245 (if I remember the math) more RF than it costs to make. With enough water input speed, and item pulling speed, you can keep all the furnaces running.

I have a set hooked up to the fusion dealy, and a set hooked up in my general area in the observatory. Constant free energy. And the number (640rf/t) is exactly what the enderio pipes can hold I believe. I can post pictures when I get home tonight, if anyone wants to see what the heck I am talking about.
That's acutally a good idea. I've not used minechem massively before, so don't really know what to do with it (I know that I've got about 10k iron vials clogging up my system, though!). I might see if I can set that up, I got a while mess of world interaction upgrades from a reward bag, so infinite water is easy enough, and this might give me the steady income that I've been after. I'm always checking my yellorium stash, and worrying about what'll happen when it depletes.

I'm assuming that it can decompose form it's tank, and that it doesn't need it to be bucketed up?

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
The green energy conduits can carry a lot more rf. There is a tesseract attached to the bottom of the ME controller under the observatory where you can tap into the power feed. I'm just building my machines into the wall around the controller. I initially cut the reactor down to 8 fuel rod blocks, then upped it to 18 when I hit the minechem fusion quests. I highly recommend changing the minechem safe machines config to true. This will keep your radioactive elements from decaying while you are still trying to make or use a stack of them in the fusion reactor. There is enough yellorium in miners delight to keep the reactor running the entire game, especially if you rebuild it to a more efficient design & add coolant.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
The green energy conduits can carry a lot more rf. There is a tesseract attached to the bottom of the ME controller under the observatory where you can tap into the power feed. I'm just building my machines into the wall around the controller. I initially cut the reactor down to 8 fuel rod blocks, then upped it to 18 when I hit the minechem fusion quests. I highly recommend changing the minechem safe machines config to true. This will keep your radioactive elements from decaying while you are still trying to make or use a stack of them in the fusion reactor. There is enough yellorium in miners delight to keep the reactor running the entire game, especially if you rebuild it to a more efficient design & add coolant.
You only get one of the ender alloy conduits given to you (attached to the reactor), and I've not bothered to make any more. My bas has fairly modest power needs at present, and if I can divert the reactor to the higher-power aspects, I'll be much happier. Plus, I'm aware that there is a lot of yellorium in the miners world, and I will probably go and get it at some point, I just tend to get caught up in "mine all the things" mode, only to come back with a full inventory that only translates to a piece of iron and a small pile of redstone dust (after much smelting).

I did only recently notice the half life of the radioactive elements, does it recreate the more ... fleeting elements as is for that one (i.e. half lives so small that they're barely there at all)? If that's the case, I might just change that option, but I'd prefer to play with it as is for the moment.

RyTechro

Jul 29, 2019
I think i've found a minour bug. Au is not aluminum in my world its gold. I think MineChem did mess up theire recipes.

To be more clear. I cant craft gold though minechem. It creates aluminum:(

Platinawolf

Jul 29, 2019
Gosh the wolves in the Idea Machine are,,, Annoying ^^* Then again, I'd never try to take on a horde like that playing even remotely fair. So glad I decided to turn my pump on the pyrotheum... Now I just need to automate florb creation.

As for power,,, Well, I'm drowning in jungle wood after setting up a EnderIO farming station with 1/4'th of it assigned to jungle sapplings and the remainder wheat... Sadly I'm not drowning in wheat. I'm powering that one with a 8x survivalist and a Ender IO Stirling generator. I'm using four crafters to create stone tools. And ofcourse an alloy smelter providing the charcoal to power the generators. Power setup is just about able to keep up with the power demands though.

Last edited:

Xolan

Jul 29, 2019
You only get one of the ender alloy conduits given to you (attached to the reactor), and I've not bothered to make any more. My bas has fairly modest power needs at present, and if I can divert the reactor to the higher-power aspects, I'll be much happier. Plus, I'm aware that there is a lot of yellorium in the miners world, and I will probably go and get it at some point, I just tend to get caught up in "mine all the things" mode, only to come back with a full inventory that only translates to a piece of iron and a small pile of redstone dust (after much smelting).

I did only recently notice the half life of the radioactive elements, does it recreate the more ... fleeting elements as is for that one (i.e. half lives so small that they're barely there at all)? If that's the case, I might just change that option, but I'd prefer to play with it as is for the moment.

I was annoyed with my inventory filling up with the Poor Ores when I was mining, so I brought down one of the strongboxes with looting V and just completely filled it + my inventory. That way you can set up a sorting->processing system and just keep replacing full strongboxes every trip. I probably went a little overboard mining, but I figured why not.

jakimfett

Jul 29, 2019
16 furnace generators, hooked up to a decomposer, being filled with an infinite water source. Pipe the oxygen to a trashcan, and the hydrogen to generators. Each hydrogen makes 1245 (if I remember the math) more RF than it costs to make. With enough water input speed, and item pulling speed, you can keep all the furnaces running.
Hey @parcel31u, want me to "fix" this? :p