[1.7.10] Material Energy^4

Xolan

Jul 29, 2019
For some reason I'm getting crazy low fps. In the starting are I get 4-5 fps. Only 1-2 in the main map. I have settings turned down and 1.75GB of RAM allocated. What am I doing wrong?

Also I am unable to install optifine. I try to drag and drop it into the mods folder of the modpack but it says the file is invalid or corrupted. I know it is not either of these since it is a copy of the optifine I use regularly in 1.7.10. Explanation please? I really want to play this pack. I can even run attack of the b team without optifine alright and that has over twice as many mods.

EDIT: I turned off mipmapping and now I get 30 fps :) Strange, the purpose of mipmapping in most cases is to reduce lag right?

If you haven't already, definitely add fastcraft.

Mindbreaker

Jul 29, 2019
Signed up for this modpack. Hello!

I'm at endgame for 0.7, and I was wondering if any of the ME parts on the underside of Keeby's Idea Machine should be salvaged, or is it for something else?

airport1000

Jul 29, 2019

I'm at endgame for 0.7, and I was wondering if any of the ME parts on the underside of Keeby's Idea Machine should be salvaged, or is it for something else?

I just ripped them all out and ended up with 1000+ 64k storage cells :)

parcel31u

Jul 29, 2019

Hopefully I'll be able to get out the last 6 spatial areas soon. I have three partly finished, and I've already been working on building some areas in other dimensions other than the end.

Ph1x3r

Jul 29, 2019
I have been playing ME4 just fine, but after doing some work with the Minechem quests, I am getting the following crash when opening the quest book:

http://pastebin.com/fJ6t7R35

This only happens when trying to open the main game quest screen. The 'Secrets' and other such pages are just fine.

Is there a way of fixing the quest book with an editor or something so I can open it once again and continue handing in quests?

Please let me know if there is any further information I can provide to help track this down.

5il3nc3r

Jul 29, 2019
Another issue, although it's specifically with MineChem:

Both the Assembler and the Fusion Reactor (haven't touched the Fission reactor yet) have a very large power storage capacity. However, the power "tab" on the right of the GUI doesn't seem to be able to handle it. The actual value (in RF) will count fine, but the percentage will loop around a few times, so I had, say 21M RF stored, and that somehow amounts to -21%.

Second issue, that only happens on a server I'm playing with a friend (he's hosting it on a second computer) is that, for both of us, multiple modules of WAILA won't work. Specifically the ones that will give the current power status of Storage Cells, or the channel/configuration of Tesseracts.

When I go view in WAILA's config screen for Thermal Expansion, all but one of the modules are set to No and blacked out (can't click it).

JGrenier

Jul 29, 2019
Another issue, although it's specifically with MineChem:

Both the Assembler and the Fusion Reactor (haven't touched the Fission reactor yet) have a very large power storage capacity. However, the power "tab" on the right of the GUI doesn't seem to be able to handle it. The actual value (in RF) will count fine, but the percentage will loop around a few times, so I had, say 21M RF stored, and that somehow amounts to -21%.

As far as MineChem is concerned there's a link on the first page under FAQ you can go to in order to report any issues or errors that you may encounter since it sounds as if the problem itself involves the mod not the pack as a whole and they will be more than happy to help you very quickly rectify the problem if it can be reproduced.

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
I've noticed a few things have been fixed in the newest version (RC6) of minechem (I think the gold recipe is fixed) and was wondering if it was going to break my game if I updated it? I know parcel has customized minechem in this pack and I wasn't sure if updating was going to break his customization.

ulgrath

Jul 29, 2019
Great map parcel :)

just a heads up the enderminy quest in bake to win is not repeatable seems to be the only mob one that is not was this by design?

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
also, I seem to crash if I try and fire my short bow after I run out of arrows. I'm guessing this is a tinkerer's bug

jakimfett

Jul 29, 2019
::snip::
...issue with aluminium being made from the Au element, and not the Al one.
I believe this is fixed in RC6, I just need to bug @parcel31u about updating

I have been playing ME4 just fine, but after doing some work with the Minechem quests, I am getting the following crash when opening the quest book:

This only happens when trying to open the main game quest screen.
Go ahead and report this bug in the Minechem issue tracker after reading the Bug Reporting Guidelines.

...the power "tab" on the right of the GUI doesn't seem to be able to handle it. The actual value (in RF) will count fine, but the percentage will loop around a few times, so I had, say 21M RF stored, and that somehow amounts to -21%.
This is fixed in Minechem RC6, if I remember correctly.

I've noticed a few things have been fixed in the newest version (RC6) of minechem (I think the gold recipe is fixed) and was wondering if it was going to break my game if I updated it? I know parcel has customized minechem in this pack and I wasn't sure if updating was going to break his customization.
Updating the version shouldn't, in theory, break anything, because we didn't change any of the MineTweaker stuff. However, make a backup, because I'm not familiar with all the changes @parcel31u has made. Seriously, make a backup.

thechanceg

Jul 29, 2019

This only happens when trying to open the main game quest screen. The 'Secrets' and other such pages are just fine.

Is there a way of fixing the quest book with an editor or something so I can open it once again and continue handing in quests?

Please let me know if there is any further information I can provide to help track this down.

The same thing happened to me, and someone from page 19ish.

I posted an issue in the HQM queue about 5 days ago... Hopefully we get some kind of response soonish. Jakimfett said to post it to the MineChem issue queue, but this seems pretty clearly HQM related, and Parcel told the person on 19 to post it there.

Last edited:

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
Can I use the endothermic pump to collect the lava and the gelid cryothium from the tanks
yes this is a great way to get the chest from the columns of fluids found in some of the chambers just use the pump then dig through the stone to get the chest

Reactions: Fenix chi

Ph1x3r

Jul 29, 2019
The same thing happened to me, and someone from page 19ish.

I posted an issue in the HQM queue about 5 days ago... Hopefully we get some kind of response soonish. Jakimfett said to post it to the MineChem issue queue, but this seems pretty clearly HQM related, and Parcel told the person on 19 to post it there.

There are several ways that the issue could be approached.

While the HQM appears to be at fault, Minechem is more the problem since it is not validating the input it is receiving and then aborting with the null pointer exception.

Good code would trap the exception and handle it appropriately. From reading the java code, it seems Minechem is using the arguments passed to the render function without making sure the results are valid for use later on in the code.

Of course, HQM should not be calling an external function with invalid data, but it probably has less control over where that data is supposed to come from.

Ph1x3r

Jul 29, 2019
Go ahead and report this bug in the Minechem issue tracker after reading the Bug Reporting Guidelines.

Bug in the modpack I am playing has been reported here with a crash report that clearly shows the problem area. I don't have the time or inclination to sign up for yet another FOTM code tracking system to report it once again providing I am a good little boy and follow your reporting guidelines.

After getting no other suggestion for fixing the issue, I have reverted the HQM player.dat file back to a previous version and that resolved my immediate problem. I shall just avoid the Minechem related quests that involve testtubes since that is where the problem occurred.

Shilldog

Jul 29, 2019
Bug in the modpack I am playing has been reported here with a crash report that clearly shows the problem area. I don't have the time or inclination to sign up for yet another FOTM code tracking system to report it once again providing I am a good little boy and follow your reporting guidelines.

You should avoid beta packs then? By not reporting bugs centrally, you only make a hard job harder.