The Ultimate Tinkers Construct Tools

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Both designs work. I find the 3x3x1 easier to use, but requires a liiittle more setup as you need slabs or fences blocking the lava from falling out.
You could build it up against a wall that has water flowing down it. Each time you place a bucket of lava under the water it will instantly turn to obsidian. This also has the advantage that you can't accidentally fall in the pool as you are filling it. So, ok, 3x3x1 (or 1x3x3) could have an advantage over 3x1x3. I sit corrected.:oops:

Reactions: ApSciLiara

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
You could build it up against a wall that has water flowing down it. Each time you place a bucket of lava under the water it will instantly turn to obsidian. This also has the advantage that you can't accidentally fall in the pool as you are filling it. So, ok, 3x3x1 (or 1x3x3) could have an advantage over 3x1x3. I sit corrected.:oops:

No, you have to be standing when corrected, dammit. DON'T DEFY THE THING. THE THING IS GOD. >.<

Dr_appleman

Jul 29, 2019
Steel is nice to start of with and the auto repair is a fantastic modifier if you have moss stone, also lapis is great for your pickaxe or sword since it adds fortune and luck.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
Steel is nice to start of with and the auto repair is a fantastic modifier if you have moss stone

It can be made with a liquid transposer IIRC. Or atleast one of the TE machines. I think you can also make it with the forestry moistener.

For me moss is by far the most popular addition to tools.

Dr_appleman

Jul 29, 2019
It can be made with a liquid transposer IIRC. Or atleast one of the TE machines. I think you can also make it with the forestry moistener.

For me moss is by far the most popular addition to tools.

I have been meaning to make the moistener but I don't really have enough wheat income to use it.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
It's liquid ender, stick ender pearls in the smeltery. A number of the liquids have at some point or another incorrectly displayed themselves as blood

minator

Jul 29, 2019
It's liquid ender, stick ender pearls in the smeltery. A number of the liquids have at some point or another incorrectly displayed themselves as blood

this worked, thanks a lot for your help ! :)

note that when you melt ender pearls in the current version it does not say "blood" but "null" lol
one ender pearl is enough to make 10 endstones (pour it over obsidian placed in a casting basin)

thanks again !

tggt00

Jul 29, 2019
the only question I have about this topic: does durabillity really mean something if you have moss? and does making a pick with moss and stonebound is really helpful?

schyman

Jul 29, 2019
the only question I have about this topic: does durabillity really mean something if you have moss? and does making a pick with moss and stonebound is really helpful?
Yes. Moss is much slower than you're mining. So while moss determines the amount of blocks per minute you can mine in total over the course of a whole day, durability will determine how many you can mine in a row.
And for the same reason, yes, stonebound is helpful on a moss weapon.

Fay8e

Jul 29, 2019
i think paper all the way with additional modifiers because than u can mod the crap out of it and make it op eg if u want a killer weapon u get a paper cleaver and stack all the modifier slots with quarts but save one for moss reason why i chose cleaver is because it does most damage (my play style) if you were mining instead of quarts use redstone to speed up the mining process and if u can try use the advanced tools like lumber axe, cleaver etc because they need more slots to make thus more modifiers

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
i think paper all the way...if you were mining instead of quarts use redstone to speed up the mining process...
I think a cobalt head would be faster than a paper head plus the extra redstone that paper gives you. Isn't there a limit to how many modifiers can go on speed anyway? And that paper pickaxe is going to break really quickly.

frederic

Jul 29, 2019
sword:broadsword
manyllium blade => highest base attack
paper guard => additional moddifier for the rest nothing else
thaumium rod => another aditional moddifier because of the thaumic effect (adds a moddifier with first and third piece)
then put 50 lapis blocks on it for looting 3
add a moddifier with a gold block and a diamond
add a ball of moss (free repair)
add 2 stacks of quartz blocks and that gets it to 8.5 hearts of damage
then you can add a nether star if you have one and add even more quartz to get almost 10 hearts of damage

bow
green slime rods => fast and accurate
enchanted bowstring => added moddifier
add a moddifier with a gold block and diamond
add one with a netherstar
then put a ball of moss on it
and the rest all redstone
the bow pulls back completly in half a second

arrows
thaumium arrow head => added moddifier
paper rod => added moddifier
feather fletching => accuracy
add moddifier with gol block and diamond
add one with a nether star
then full quartz on the thing
you end up with arrows that do 24-ish hearts of damage

pickaxe(fortune)
cobalt head => fastest mining speed
paper binding => added moddifier
thaumium rod => added moddifier
add moddifier with gold block and diamond
then add a ball of moss
add 50 lapis blocks for fortune 3
add all redstone for speed
you end up with a pick that insta mines stone

pickaxe(silkT)
same as above but replace 50 lapis blocks with a silky jewel

pickaxe(fortunesmelt up to 4 ingots per ore)
paper binding => added moddifier
thaumium rod => added moddifier
add moddifier with gold block and diamond
then add a ball of moss
add 50 lapis blocks for fortune 3
add a lava crystal for smelting
add all redstone for speed

shovel
thaumium rod => add moddifier
this shovel has a very small amount of uses so add electric
then add a moddifier with a gold block and a diamond
add another one with a nether star
then go crazy with the redstone
you end up with a shovel equivalent to a efficiency 7 diamond shovel

axe
thaumium rod => add moddifier
this axe has a very small amount of uses so add electric
then add a moddifier with a gold block and a diamond
add another one with a nether star
then full redstone

i can make a tutorial for the tier 2 tools but i have a little bit more research to do

i hope i helped some people with this

Reactions: teseting and budge

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Hammer- Steel head (easy repair), with 2x cobalt plates (mining speed), and thaumic handle
either luck or silky modifiers- with the rest being redstone.​

Pick- Cobalt head, paper binding, thaumic rod.
luck/silky, and a tonne of redstone. (mining speed 18)​

Lumber Axe- Steel head, cobalt plate. Green slime handle.
didn't bother with modifiers. Would suggest a lava crystal for insta-charcoal.​
Cleaver- Manyullym blade thaumic plate & 2 thaumic rods
Beheading, luck- quartz for the rest​
Cutlass- Manyullym blade, paper guard and thaumic rod
Luck, beheading and quartz​
Also excavators/hammers behave slightly different underwater- facing the side of the water block in your head, not the solid block you target.

I think a cobalt head would be faster than a paper head plus the extra redstone that paper gives you. Isn't there a limit to how many modifiers can go on speed anyway? And that paper pickaxe is going to break really quickly.

Cobalt head gives a lot more than the 50 redstone given by the extra modifier. There isnt a limit on speed, other than 50 redstone/modifier. (so 200 redstone costs 4 modifiers)

Why not use electric on everything?

Personal taste- Electric doesn't 'fit' that well with the rest of the mods design; think about it- you have a medieval/magical system of forging and upgrading tools. Its pretty awesome in its own right. Then you slap on a circuit and battery- suddenly its a powertool. (facepalm) -Theres also a couple of exploits with spiny/stonebound effects.
Each to their own I guess.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Why not use electric on everything?
Definitely personal taste. I do not like ic2 and the slow repair on moss is fine for me. Also beyond stone my usual TiCo tools have such high durability that I barely get past a third of damage before my inventory and packs are full, thus ending a mining run for me

I've also gotten into the habit of going to the twilight forest before the nether so grabbing tons of mossy stone and cobble is easy to come by.

netchip

Jul 29, 2019
As beginners pickaxe I recommend a blue slime tool rod and a blue slime tool binding with a stone pickaxe head.

To get the slime balls, kill a bat, morph into it, fly to a slime island and profit ;D

You can repair it with cobble AND it's got high durability.