The Ultimate Tinkers Construct Tools

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Aha! I found the formula in the source code on github! For hammers at least, the Stonebound mining speed bonus is:

ln( damage / 216 + 1 ) * 2 * stonebound

Based on that I've concluded that the fastest hammer is full ardite with an electric upgrade and four redstone upgrades. That comes out to:

8 (base) + 15.726 (stonebound) + 16 (redstone) = 39.726 mining speed.

How are people getting multiple upgrades of the same material? The most i can put on stuff is one full(50 pieces) redstone upgrade which only ups mining speed by 4.

Strill

Jul 29, 2019
Once you get 50 pieces of redstone on it, then if you have any more upgrade slots left, you put another redstone onto it. There's nothing more to it.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Once you get 50 pieces of redstone on it, then if you have any more upgrade slots left, you put another redstone onto it. There's nothing more to it.

Thanks. Apparently i can't add a block of redstone to start the next modifier, i actually have to use a single piece of redstone.

Tvi016

Jul 29, 2019
Hammer:
Starter. All stone(use it a little bit and it actually goes incredible fast)

Med game. Alumite plates,paper binding and stone rod.

End game. Cobalt plates, paper binding and ardite rod(stone bound 2).

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
My ultimate tool is a full Tartarite hammer, 3 slots of redstone, & a diamond/gold block upgrade to add more redstone. Speed ends up at 24 or more and durability is 81000 :p

gokogt386

Jul 29, 2019
Tartarite is from metallurgy? 81k OP xD
You wouldn't think so if you saw how difficult getting the 27 tartarite for that thing is. It's quite literally harder than iridium on pre-ic2-experimental GT. You need the two rarest ores in the game for it.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
yesterday I made some new tools from TiC using the head as stone, the bindings and faces as paper and the rod as cobalt.
cobalt gives you more durability, the papes gives you 2 additional modifiers and the stone heads allow me to repair the tool with normal cobblestone.
then I have 5 modifiers which 4 are redstone and 1 is diamond.

Blastedsura

Jul 29, 2019
yesterday I made some new tools from TiC using the head as stone, the bindings and faces as paper and the rod as cobalt.
cobalt gives you more durability, the papes gives you 2 additional modifiers and the stone heads allow me to repair the tool with normal cobblestone.
then I have 5 modifiers which 4 are redstone and 1 is diamond.

How are the stats of that hammer? Never thought of making it that way, always gotta get more cobalt to repair mine

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
You wouldn't think so if you saw how difficult getting the 27 tartarite for that thing is. It's quite literally harder than iridium on pre-ic2-experimental GT. You need the two rarest ores in the game for it.
Well good configs are good and stuff. It should be rare since it makes manyullum(sp), cobalt, & ardite obsolete.

The upside to the Extra TiCo mod is that it makes other mod metals available as TiCo tools. So very nice

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
How are the stats of that hammer? Never thought of making it that way, always gotta get more cobalt to repair mine

they are decent. they hold out longer then the normal stone tools. about half as much with a cobalt rod, and another 500 durability with the diamond. plus the nice thing with the diamond is that the tool gets the mining level of a normal diamond pickaxe. I also never really thought of doing this until yesterday, as only the toolhead needs to be cobblestone to be able to repair it with cobblestone. I could add a mahnamahna rod for more durability and such, but what does it really matter if you only need cobblestone to repair it.

though my lumber axe is now at a point that it almost needs a stack of cobblestone to repair, but if I had to use a normal cobblestone lumber axe I'd be more busy repairing it then using it. also a tip for repairing, cobblestone can now go in both upgrade slots when repairing, helps making it quicker to repair

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Repairing that must be painful

not really if you keep shift-clicking it. plus you only need to repair it after you've already chopped down like almost 4 stacks of tree sapplings that you planted.
I hate it more to constantly have to run back to the tool table to repair my tool

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
with 81k durability, 1 modifier of moss would tide you over unless you were devouring chunks.

Personally, with ExtraTic, I find a better hammer is Tartarite head, 2 platinum plates, and a tartarite handle. Platinum is both the weakest, and fastest material in Extratic, 24 to be exact, and with 0 modifiers used my hammer has a speed of 20.66, a durability of 28,782 and a mining level of 7. If I put redstone on it, it will be a beastly fast tool. (however, likely they will be luck, flaming, moss, and only a single redstone, aaand if I ever get a netherstar, probably a second moss)

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I saw platinum on the chart. I've currently got it on my steel hammer head, with 2 platinum plates. Its a great speed boost. With the new rarity of Metallurgy ores, it makes the Tinkering of TiCo a lot more diverse

Darren.33

Jul 29, 2019
The best pick is this one (1.6.4 DW20 pack)
  • Manyullan head
  • Thaumic binding
  • Ardite tool rod
Gives stone bound, extra modifier and extra durability

Modifiers
  • Gold Block & Diamond
  • Lapis
  • Redstone Flux/Electric (Depending on your power setup)
  • 3 stages of redstone

In my opinion plus test best pick

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I made this yesterday, in the case when you've Tinker's installed with Thaumcraft, and if you've Tinker's, Thaumcraft and Thermal installed

FjjMPW7.png

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
I made this yesterday, in the case when you've Tinker's installed with Thaumcraft, and if you've Tinker's, Thaumcraft and Thermal installed

FjjMPW7.png
That's looking pretty slick there, man. If only there was something like this for RR... and if only it had bows and daggers and stuff included as well.
Also, may I ask what your logic was behind having stone... business ends for tools if you don't have TE installed?

Reactions: RedBoss