The Ultimate Tinkers Construct Tools

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
What mod adds in Signalum parts? I've got the most current version of TiCo and IguanaTweaks, but Signalum doesn't appear to be a material that can be used to make TiCo tool parts.

Elwoodio

Jul 29, 2019
What mod adds in Signalum parts? I've got the most current version of TiCo and IguanaTweaks, but Signalum doesn't appear to be a material that can be used to make TiCo tool parts.
The mod that adds most f the extra patterns is extratic I believe that is the one you would be after

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
The mod that adds most f the extra patterns is extratic I believe that is the one you would be after
Oddly enough, ExtraTiC doesn't have Thermal Dynamics/Expansion as one of the supported mods. Just plain TiC/Thermal everything will net you the basic metals such as shiny as materials, but not things like signalum or enderium. Maybe I'll test it and see if it is simply an undocumented feature

N

Nekonomable

Sorry if this is nercroposting @~@

Was wondering what the best pick was rn? Im using the Direwolf 1.7 pack if that matters.... tbh tinkers make my head hurt but im trying!

Also I heard that a signalium xbow and enderium bolts was best for crossbow... is this still the case? Also where does one get both materials?

Reactions: ICountFrom0

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Sorry if this is nercroposting @~@

Was wondering what the best pick was rn? Im using the Direwolf 1.7 pack if that matters.... tbh tinkers make my head hurt but im trying!

Also I heard that a signalium xbow and enderium bolts was best for crossbow... is this still the case? Also where does one get both materials?
It is kinda necroposting, but since you're asking a relevant question, I suppose we can let it slide.

In DW20 pack for 1.7, I don't know if ExtraTiC is included, as both of those materials are from Thermal Foundation. Signalum and Enderium are both alloys, you should be able to look up the recipe in NEI. Then you take the relevant material and put it in your Tinker's Smeltery and pour it into a mold of the appropriate type. For crossbow bolts, what you want to do is first make a steel rod, then pour the enderium over the steel rod to make the bolt, then add in fletching.

K

KingLouis_CLXXII

Sorry but heres another necropost :p kinda

I was just wondering what the best pickaxe and lumber axe would be. Im using tinkers construct 1.12.2 and also
Actually additions AutoRegLib Baubles BiblioCraft buildcraft chameleon Chesttransporter Chickenchunks chisel mc chiselsandbits codechickenlib cofhcore cofhworld computercraft conarm cucumber davincisvessels easyretrogen endercore Enderio enderstorage Environmentaltech extrautils2 extremereactors fluxnetworks foamfix forgelin galacticcraftcore galactricraft planents Igw mod industrialcraft 2 industrialforegoing inventorytwearks ironchest jei journeymap journeymap api mantle mcjtylib mcmultipart micdoodlecore morpheaus mousetweaks movingworld mw Mysticalagradditions mystical agriculture openblocks openmodslib optifine optifine pneumaticcraft represssurized psi quark redstonearsenal restoneflux refined storatge reliquary rftools rftoolsdim roguelikedungeons Ssimple jetpack 2 sonarcore storage drawers tconstruct testla tesla core lib thaumcraft theoneprobe thermal cultivation thermadynamics thermaexpansion thermal foundation thermal innovation thermaltinkering tinkersjei tinkertoolleveling twilight forest valkyreicomap valkyrielib zerocore

Thanks!

ps: Im looking to clear our large amount of space. I just need it to be fast and to not break. Dont really care about the ores.

Last edited:

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013

I was just wondering what the best pickaxe and lumber axe would be. Im using tinkers construct 1.12.2 and also
Actually additions AutoRegLib Baubles BiblioCraft buildcraft chameleon Chesttransporter Chickenchunks chisel mc chiselsandbits codechickenlib cofhcore cofhworld computercraft conarm cucumber davincisvessels easyretrogen endercore Enderio enderstorage Environmentaltech extrautils2 extremereactors fluxnetworks foamfix forgelin galacticcraftcore galactricraft planents Igw mod industrialcraft 2 industrialforegoing inventorytwearks ironchest jei journeymap journeymap api mantle mcjtylib mcmultipart micdoodlecore morpheaus mousetweaks movingworld mw Mysticalagradditions mystical agriculture openblocks openmodslib optifine optifine pneumaticcraft represssurized psi quark redstonearsenal restoneflux refined storatge reliquary rftools rftoolsdim roguelikedungeons Ssimple jetpack 2 sonarcore storage drawers tconstruct testla tesla core lib thaumcraft theoneprobe thermal cultivation thermadynamics thermaexpansion thermal foundation thermal innovation thermaltinkering tinkersjei tinkertoolleveling twilight forest valkyreicomap valkyrielib zerocore

Thanks!

ps: Im looking to clear our large amount of space. I just need it to be fast and to not break. Dont really care about the ores.

Do you have the facility to add more mods to your pack? You seem to be missing all of the funnest tool parts.

Draconic Evolution: Chaotic cores can be used to make the outright best tool parts with the most chronically OP stats in the pack. Redonkulous but hugely expensive. Nice endgame thing to look at.
ProjectE: Dark Matter is mid-late game goodness, the stats are well above average, especially for handle modifiers. Red Matter has a hilarious effect on hostile mobs and the stats on the tool heads are just shiny (not on the same tier as Chaotic, but nowhere near as expensive. It's a clear case for 2nd place)
MoarTIC: Adds tons of stuff including Fluxed Electrum parts (if you have Redstone Arsenal, which you do), which allow you to trade off durability wear for RF drain from any charged item in your inventory. It's cool and saves on replacement of expensive tool heads (even though it seems to preferentially drain my Omni-wrench over the flux capacitors I carry around, ffs :p)

Not sure which are vanilla TIC or which are added by other mods now, but look for expanders, you can change the 3x3 area on the hammer to 4x4 quite easily with those ;)

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always

Thanks!

For the pickaxe, use Thermal Innovation's Fluxdrill. Upgrade to Enderium level and it'll clear out a 5x5 of dirt or stone, so it's both a hammer-plus and an excavator-plus and runs off of RF instead of durability.
For your axe, try the chainsaw from Thermal Innovation. I don't know if it'll work as a lumber axe or not, but higher tiers should be quite interesting.

Plus the Thermal Innovation tools can be enchanted. Use something which collapses the RNG variables to give specific enchants to do things like Efficiency for speed of drilling and Unbreaking for energy efficiency (chance to not consume RF instead of durability). I believe Fortune also works on it.

Actually Addition's drill has an upgrade system and can go 5x5 and fortune 3 as well.

Reactions: 2 people
K

KingLouis_CLXXII

Do you have the facility to add more mods to your pack? You seem to be missing all of the funnest tool parts.

Draconic Evolution: Chaotic cores can be used to make the outright best tool parts with the most chronically OP stats in the pack. Redonkulous but hugely expensive. Nice endgame thing to look at.
ProjectE: Dark Matter is mid-late game goodness, the stats are well above average, especially for handle modifiers. Red Matter has a hilarious effect on hostile mobs and the stats on the tool heads are just shiny (not on the same tier as Chaotic, but nowhere near as expensive. It's a clear case for 2nd place)
MoarTIC: Adds tons of stuff including Fluxed Electrum parts (if you have Redstone Arsenal, which you do), which allow you to trade off durability wear for RF drain from any charged item in your inventory. It's cool and saves on replacement of expensive tool heads (even though it seems to preferentially drain my Omni-wrench over the flux capacitors I carry around, ffs :p)

Not sure which are vanilla TIC or which are added by other mods now, but look for expanders, you can change the 3x3 area on the hammer to 4x4 quite easily with those ;)
Sadly I cannot change the modpack as Im playing on a server

For the pickaxe, use Thermal Innovation's Fluxdrill. Upgrade to Enderium level and it'll clear out a 5x5 of dirt or stone, so it's both a hammer-plus and an excavator-plus and runs off of RF instead of durability.
For your axe, try the chainsaw from Thermal Innovation. I don't know if it'll work as a lumber axe or not, but higher tiers should be quite interesting.

Plus the Thermal Innovation tools can be enchanted. Use something which collapses the RNG variables to give specific enchants to do things like Efficiency for speed of drilling and Unbreaking for energy efficiency (chance to not consume RF instead of durability). I believe Fortune also works on it.

Actually Addition's drill has an upgrade system and can go 5x5 and fortune 3 as well.
Ok ill be sure to try these out thanks :D