Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I can't get the Ranged Collector to switch to blacklist mode - pressing the buttons in the UI does nothing, any suggestions?

Version: ActuallyAdditions-1.10.2-r105
Pack: All The Mods v2.53
Am I right in thinking that by it not changing to blacklist, you mean that the text on the "WH" button, when clicked, doesn't change from green to red?

V

Valcking

Are there plans to add thaumcraft, buildcraft and other missing classic big mods to ftb beyond?

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Are there plans to add thaumcraft, buildcraft and other missing classic big mods to ftb beyond?
I think the key word here is "missing". Certainly for Thaumcraft, there simply ISN'T a version available for 1.10 - the team can't make plans to add something that doesn't exist yet. That goes for other "classic big mods", whatever you mean by that, as well.

EDIT: just double-checked and there doesn't appear to be a Buildcraft version available for 1.10 either.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019

I think the key word here is "missing". Certainly for Thaumcraft, there simply ISN'T a version available for 1.10 - the team can't make plans to add something that doesn't exist yet. That goes for other "classic big mods", whatever you mean by that, as well.

EDIT: just double-checked and there doesn't appear to be a Buildcraft version available for 1.10 either.

I believe the plan is to add Thaumcraft, if and when it becomes available,.to both Beyond and DW20. I've seen conflicting reports as to what MC version and timetable TC was expecting to release, but it's one of those mods which has been completely rewritten rather than just ported forward, so we'll get it when it's ready and not before.

As for Buildcraft, the next scheduled release I've seen was planned for 1.11. Beyond Expert was discussed as launching on 1.11, if all the mods had updated in time, so it might be possible for BC to make an appearance there, but for now the pack is as it stands.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I saw that buildcraft was skipping 1.10.2 and I just don't get it. It seems to me that the modding community has chosen 1.10.2 as the next stable platform. I'd have to think that he/she/they will have to come around and do it or it'll fall to the wayside.

Quetzi

Jack of All Trades
Retired Staff
Aug 20, 2012
quetzi.tv
If anything it buys them a little more time to do the huge refactor they are in the middle of. The jump from 1.10.2 to 1.11.2 isn't a big one and most 1.10.2 mods will be able to update without any huge problems. Requesting that 1.11.2 mods backport to 1.10.2 are likely to be fairly futile. 1.11.2 is where it is at right now, 1.10.2 is merely a pit stop.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
That's interesting to know. I, personally am sticking with 1.7.10 until the next plateau is stable, but that sounds like it's going to be a while...

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
That's interesting to know. I, personally am sticking with 1.7.10 until the next plateau is stable, but that sounds like it's going to be a while...

IMO, the next plateau for the modding community is parallel to the next plateau of Vanilla MC. We had 1.6 for a fair amount of time, then 1.7 for what seemed like forever (in a good way). Then 1.8 through 1.11 have snapped by without much chance for the community to stabilize. In time, Vanilla will hit another point where the update is more substantial in time investment, and while they work on that, we the modding community will flourish again.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I must admit, 1.10 feels like a more substantial stop than 1.8 and 1.9 ever did. But... I have also been contemplating moving my own mini pack to 1.11, so that does seem to be the way the tide is flowing, albeit slowly.

Yijare

Jul 29, 2019
I still have world back in 1.7, even 1.2.5 and some of them feel sluggish compared to what we can do now. but it is quite the journey

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I saw a tweet from someone at Mojang, before 1.10 was shown to be able to run most 1.8 mods directly, that we {paraphrased} should expect a rapid journey to MC 1.17, with little to no changes in game mechanics. So far this has held true.

When Forge updated the test server from 1.9 to 1.10 by simply installing 1.10 with just a few mod bugs needing to be fixed, Slowpoke said that they were looking at holding at 1.10.2 for a while. He then said that if updates were as easy as 1.9 to 1.10 was there would be no reason to stop at 1.10.

So far Vanilla has been updating regularly... There are now rocket powered Elytra (Elytras?) in Vanilla, but you won't get one the first day :D At the current rate of Update (if it remains constant) we'll probably see 1.17 in the fall.

zBob

Jul 29, 2019
So I am playing on a newly started Beyond server what are my best options for an early assault on a Water Temple. I am thinking of using Ender IO Dark Steel armor which I can empower to add on Night Vision and Flippers, and brew up some potions of water breathing. But what do I want to use as a weapon? Are there any good options for under water ranged weapons at this time? Am I over preparing for this thing? Not playing much vanilla anymore I have never been inside one but the mining fatigue elders messed with me soon as I got close so I decided to back track for some better gear.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
So I am playing on a newly started Beyond server what are my best options for an early assault on a Water Temple. I am thinking of using Ender IO Dark Steel armor which I can empower to add on Night Vision and Flippers, and brew up some potions of water breathing. But what do I want to use as a weapon? Are there any good options for under water ranged weapons at this time? Am I over preparing for this thing? Not playing much vanilla anymore I have never been inside one but the mining fatigue elders messed with me soon as I got close so I decided to back track for some better gear.

Whatever you decide on for weapons, there are a few basics to remember (vanilla-style): In addition to the mining fatigue, the guardians have a poison spine attack. Bring at least as many buckets of milk as you have water-breathing (drinking the milk will 'cure' the water-breathing as well as the poison/mining fatigue, so be sure to chase the milk with the water-breathing). If you can get Respiration on your helmet, all the better - gives you some extra time between potions. Some source of regen is also a plus: Splash potions, golden apples, enchanted golden apples, or anything available in the mod-pack.

Reactions: zBob

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019

If I was going to raid an ocean monument, I would aim for a Botania Ring of Chordata (and portable Mana) before I went. The speed boost, better vision, and water breathing would make fighting much easier. Because most items that apply potion affects do so repeatedly every few seconds, it makes it much more milk resistant than just the potions alone. I've not tested the Mana Blaster under water, but it might be worth a shot if getting into Botania anyway.

Since you're going to be dealing with Mining Fatigue anyway, you might as well bring a TiCo Cleaver and maximize the damage per swing. Alternatively, you could hope the faster attack speed and armor piercing of a Rapier could help offset the 30% reduction in attack speed from Mining Fatigue III.

As with any combat situation, damage mitigation and regeneration/healing are always advised.

Reactions: zBob and OniyaMCD

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Also, if you read up on the modifiers section for TiCo, strapping two fish to your arrows will make them work underwater......
WHAT.

Is that really a thing?! Dude that's AWESOME :D

I recommend Aqua Affinity too - I've found you get best visibility if you have Respiration and Aqua Affinity on your helmet - those two combined with night vision from some source make it much easier to see (which I often find is a pain). Also agreed fully with Regeneration - might even be worth eschewing milk for poison curing completely if you can get good enough regen.