rhn's continued adventures: a build journal, guide collection etc.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
One of the things that have been under way for a long time is the cargo route(RP'ed) from the outside and into the bunker. I have held back because lots of details and sections were still unfinished. But I put in an effort recently to finally get it somewhat finished :p

It all starts down at the foot of the mountain:
urdAVJ4.png

Disregard the collapsible blocks. Still planning/testing the road network etc. that will eventually connect the bunker up to the rest of the base(s).

m12z00X.png

The bunker doors are animated with Drawbridges using the same setup that I used back in 1.6.4 TPPI:

The Garage:
4zxr8qd.png

Parking space for Container Trucks(it makes more sense when there are containers on the back :p). Plan is to have them placed around the base/farms to simulate cargo being transported around.
The wheels are made with Armourer's Workshop.

Personnel transport:
44VjkVM.png

A few vehicles for getting around.

Transport control/office:
cdzXi3G.png

To travel further into the bunker:
omFKAZt.png

Couple of elevators. I tried doing them with movable frames, but could not achieve the visuals and effect that I wanted. So replace them with static cosmetic ones instead.

At the top, a small trip outside is required to cross a ravine/stream:
zpFeAzp.png

The cargo route also joins up with the staff entrance which comes up from the office.

Seen from the outside:
yOFffCR.png

Bridges have been retracted and doors shut in this pic(Drawbridges and various redstone circuits).

Inside on the other side:
XSJMrIW.png

The hallway on the right is meant for staff. It leads to the bunker centre atrium thingy.

The cargo trucks continue in and down another set of elevators:
P7om3nZ.png

Below:
61Yt4fx.png

Containers are picked up by the overhead crane and taking further into the base.
(I just realised that I forgot to build a truck here, which had just been unloaded/waiting to be loaded...)

The containers are then taken into the cargo unloading dock:
H1NGv4T.png

To be continued...

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Once the containers arrive at the unloading dock, workers empty them:
nwyjOS9.png

The iron block to the right contains my Ender Chest/pouch, Quarry and Laser drill inputs. They get sorted by Logistics pipes and ores are ejected unto the Conveyors(more on that below).

Fluid containers are unloaded:
PZQrGHm.png

(I just realised that I forgot to build the hoses/pipes for unloading the fluids :p)

In the distance is the Refinery room:
4zxEhma.png

The machines contain a BC refinery for fuel(Orange) and a RoC Fractionation setup for Rocket Fuel(Blue).

Back in the main hall, under the overpass:
DKVcvQZ.png

Most materials travel through the LP pipes and are inserted into the ME network. Ores are filtered out and travel along the Conveyors on its way to processing.

On the opposite wall:
NwChBl2.png

Charging stations for the cargo mechs :p

On the other side, Ore Processing:
PxB2jos.png

The Orange machine contains an Auto-Fortune setup and a Sag Mill(for a few stubborn ores).
The Blue machine contains 5x Elite Smeltery Factories from Mekanism. Incoming items are "round robin" among them for optimal speed :p

u9xY8HE.png

The red machine hides a RoC Extractor setup, powered by a Gas Turbine. It also contains a Multi-directional Clutch, various gears, redstone circuitry and more, to optimize the speed/torque, and save Rocket Fuel when there are only small amounts of ore to process.

The room also houses Coke and Steel production on the far wall:
aWdqASR.png

The Iron/Tin machines are actually RC Coke Ovens :p
The IE Improved Blast Furnace stands out a lot. I might change that for something else later..

Lastly the passage overhead:
ycqoTAK.png

Gives a decent overview of things.
(behind me when taking this pic, is the door that leads right into the bunker centre atrium)

And for good measure, a preview of something different I have been working on:
U9ElUAj.png

Middleclaw

Apr 12, 2014
For those of you that may have been wondering about the progress of my base since it's last update a while back, I thought I would let you know that I am working on it (albeit slowly for health reasons) and I thought I would show you a little teaser on progress so far.

2016-12-12_16.31.27.png

Yes. I did ask for permission to post here in case you were wondering.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
4qSZiEH.png

I've been given permission by @rhn to make a post about a little group project we've been doing on the server.
the idea was to build a North Pole for Christmas and anyone could contribute to the project with a build of their own.

seeing as it's quite alot of screenshots that I've taken I've put them into an imgur album instead of flooding this topic with images.
the album can be viewed here http://imgur.com/a/IylTz

do note that I'm not using soartex as a texturepack and sadly modular powersuits shows their energy bar even though you're using F1

Middleclaw

Apr 12, 2014
With me going into hospital tomorrow (short term), I thought I would share a quick update on the progress I have made to my base. It is nowhere near complete, I assure you.

First off, the top of the outer ring as you saw in my teaser. Not complete as you can see with the cobble stone showing either side of it.
2016-12-26_19.35.23.png

2016-12-26_19.36.12.png

The diagonal part of my outer "ring" showing a different but similar design. The actual corners themselves are not done as of yet for the reason that I have not decided on how to do them as of yet.
2016-12-26_19.35.35.png

One of the two ground floors in the central tower. The central hole will be the main elevator system for accessing each floor
2016-12-26_19.41.57.png

One of the upper floors where I plan to have my AE Auto Crafting System. Also known as R.A.V.E.N.
2016-12-26_19.41.36.png

Inside on of the 8 alcoves where the Molecular assemblers will be.
2016-12-26_19.41.18.png

External view of my tower as it stands so far. Ignore the building guide at the top, it is still under construction. The tower is symmetrical but still hollow so nothing is built inside apart from the floors shown previously. Will post close-ups when the tower is nearing completion.
2016-12-26_19.43.29.png

parting shot :)

CAPTAIN: "Witness the power of this fully operational Ion Cannon." (Death Star for you Star Wars fans)
2016-12-28_16.52.03.png

RIP Carrie Fisher

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
This will be hard to follow...

But it has been a while and I suppose I should post something too. I have been weaving back and forth between things a lot, so dont have much that is actually finished. So this will mostly be a WiP update:

Farming Drones:
B825I8Y.png

Have these drones buzzing around the fields/farms, tending crops etc. buzzing and beeping.
It is actually an invisible CustomNPC with a Armourers Workshop helmet :p

As you might have noticed there is also something new in the distance:
79Gpmaz.png

The RHN space centre.

Rockets? Phfff, the future belongs to Space Elevators!
VOtV41n.png

Ok there is a little rocket launch pad in the top right ;)

Taking a ride on the Space Elevator:
fnEXtmw.png

Strap in! (or just walk into one of the seats). It is all done with RFtools transporters.

Where does it go? To space of course:
FlWXoz0.png

i6es2du.png

So far it is mostly empty and very much WiP inside.

But it does contain a few machines like this one:
dLcVQcY.png

I wonder what that could be :p

Completely unrelated(honestly I swear ;)):
tZn1YNO.png

tSPMBWt.png

A "robot" managed Mana Bean farm.

Under the dome I have built a little park:
zdSjDcu.png

0NedPM2.png

j1E41DP.png

And a little square with restaurants:
yiHKsCI.png

Last update I forgot to show this part off:
PTGiq7Y.png

This is the extension of one of the "spokes" of the tower leading into mountain to the bunker/garage/airport.
And yes, for the lazy I added travelators/moving walkways ;)

I also finally got around to implementing some proper power management:
LmLENPR.png

EIO Capacitor Bank and Power Monitors to toggle power production on/off on demand.
I used this to turn off the BR reactor and disengage coils on turbines to save fuel(Redstone Port on reactor, http://pastebin.com/ymfASZ44 on turbine).

For more power I also tried my hand on some nuclear reactors:
Q7Ag4nr.png

20 single chamber IC2 reactors(same layout as I always use). Toggled on/off by a Power Monitor on last pic.
I don't really like the design, so will probably change it once I come up with something better.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
As the population of workers increase, it have become necessary to add more support facilities:
oQORUHt.png

Welcome to "RHN Tower" Medical Centre:
OCTywIW.png

Receptionist and waiting room.

Patient wards:
yjC1u4L.png

All single bed rooms and with a view(5 of them total).

Scanning and imaging facility:
nKZqI20.png

Submerged regeneration treatment:
zhgUnd5.png

Core of it is a Curative vat from Thaumic Horizons. Getting sick patients into the vat might prove difficult, so added a small crane and walkway for easier access.
I tried getting it to work, but it is a PITA and not compatible with Thaumic energistics. It should restore saturation as it is now, but I could not bother to mess with it more to get it to heal/cure too.

Laboratory space:
A9wqOQj.png

Operating theatre:
DCjRtwo.png

Cryogenic stasis pods:
txX5DLm.png

New features on the mountain:
NEBroLw.png

yB3ZUbe.png

Small lounge and viewing deck for the workers in the bunker.

Further up the mountain:
zTFtZJz.png

Air intake vents for the bunkers environmental control.

Ducts carry the air down into the bunker:
L9yCxwH.png

Here large pumps force the air through filtration and cleaning before it is distributed through the bunker:
rvdW7HW.png

Alj5mww.png

Of course this is really a Big Reactor and two turbines. But thought I would use the giant whisks and rushing air for something for a change :p And the reactor could actually pass as some sort of filtration unit :p

As for the workers I mentioned earlier, the base(s) now have a proper security force:
iZgonCF.png

Found/modified some textures and added to it with Armourer's Workshop armours.

Finally, to follow the tradition, a sneak peak of some WiP stuff:
NhiS4BW.png

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
If you've got EnderIO, you can paint Facades to look like Coke Blocks. Of course that's it's own issues, but it's much quicker than producing the blocks.