What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Unless it got changed nuclear reactors explosion damage will depend on the amount of fuel rods inside the reactor thus if you test it with only 1 uranium rod you will get different results then when you do a reactor full of those things. Thus the question becomes, up to what amount and what kind of fuel rods where used to test the galss?
Good question actually. I'll give a test when I get home

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Because my native language isn't English I don't understand what you mean. Do you mean if I'm being serious or not?
Just for fun and information, when he said "Like at all", he meant "Like...at all?", and more specifically he meant "are you saying fused quartz is completely immune to reactor explosions?"
English is funny.

Good tip btw, I've been working on IC2 reactors most of the day as it turns out.

Reactions: RealKC and erindalc

Dmyster

Jul 29, 2019
So to clarify fused quarts glass prevents all explosions from a IC2 nuke, i have tested this with a 6 chamber reacter filled with quad cells. However if just one block is left open then the blast outside that one block can destroy 4-6blocks around the hole...

Looks very pretty though and generally scares the living hell out of anyone visiting my base.

Reactions: erindalc and Pyure

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
I swear we are not all Dadist perverts here in the Sunshine State.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

ddejong

Jul 29, 2019
Botania's managlass (though unfortunately not its panes) is a light source. That makes it great for a building material when you don't want torches; just the right amount of clarity, and even with Expert mode it's quite easy to obtain in large quantities reasonably early. Making the vitreous pickaxe from the same mod cuts down on wastage if you need to change where you've placed it. It's good for windows and skylights of course, but also floors with something interesting under them, underwater tunnels, random lighting, etc.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Botania's managlass (though unfortunately not its panes) is a light source. That makes it great for a building material when you don't want torches; just the right amount of clarity, and even with Expert mode it's quite easy to obtain in large quantities reasonably early. Making the vitreous pickaxe from the same mod cuts down on wastage if you need to change where you've placed it. It's good for windows and skylights of course, but also floors with something interesting under them, underwater tunnels, random lighting, etc.
I had no idea, great tip.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Railcraft and Garden Stuff. ❤❤❤

32ab7721645cf469e4be52e76b62d06c.jpg
45763d27234f590883dc1d9185d0c976.jpg

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
While maybe not cool in some senses, I found out when making my taintthistle that if Vitium Essentia passes through you, you end up with a short period of taint poison. This likely also applies to any entity, so keep your chickens out of your infusion room, as the duration of the poision would likely kill them and turn them tainted. I don't know if this applies to Venunum and the poision effect.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
While maybe not cool in some senses, I found out when making my taintthistle that if Vitium Essentia passes through you, you end up with a short period of taint poison. This likely also applies to any entity, so keep your chickens out of your infusion room, as the duration of the poision would likely kill them and turn them tainted. I don't know if this applies to Venunum and the poision effect.

This mechanic, a sheep, and a safari net. I'm not a griefer, personally, but the potential here for tainting my friends base is hilarious. I'm a nice guy - I'll give him a stack of Ethereal Blooms at a nearly reasonable price.

Reactions: erindalc

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I have discovered the secret of RotaryCraft's shaft power bus. What am I using it for? Why, using the output of a single high-pressure ReC turbine, running at full tilt, to run 16 extractors, in parallel, all at 1-tick operational speeds. My ore processing abilities are now well beyond the point of absurdity. This bank of insane bastards ate thru over 5-6k iron ore in a matter of seconds. Oh, and they all have the bedrock drill upgrade. Now, all I need are flake smelting facilities, I'm thinking maybe Mekanism, and I'll have resources beyond the dreams of avarice!

Reactions: Azzanine

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I have discovered the secret of RotaryCraft's shaft power bus. What am I using it for? Why, using the output of a single high-pressure ReC turbine, running at full tilt, to run 16 extractors, in parallel, all at 1-tick operational speeds. My ore processing abilities are now well beyond the point of absurdity. This bank of insane bastards ate thru over 5-6k iron ore in a matter of seconds. Oh, and they all have the bedrock drill upgrade. Now, all I need are flake smelting facilities, I'm thinking maybe Mekanism, and I'll have resources beyond the dreams of avarice!

Why not keep with RoC and use a bank of Friction Heaters. You can make those smelt absurdly fast as well.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Why not keep with RoC and use a bank of Friction Heaters. You can make those smelt absurdly fast as well.
True, but those only have one input and one output slot, and temperature can only go so high before the furnae melt. Plus, since I have time watches and tile accelerators handy, getting Mek smelters to operate at insane speeds is well within my grasp, as well. I'm right at reaching the ChC dimension (can't get in due to some mod interaction bug I have yet to diagnose), so I can make accelerators all day long. Ever seen an elite Mek smelting factory with full upgrades and a 256x tile accelerator on it? It. Is. Insane.

OH! Also, a pic of the setup, because awesome. I have to use the multiple servo/retriever route since that's the fastest way to get ores and products where they need to go. This thing is positively devouring all the ore my mineral extractor has managed to acquire. Plus, nearly 16 stacks of tungsten flakes! Today is a good day.
If you don't count the incredible amount of pain I'm in from overexerting myself whilst shoveling snow, which I don't...at least until I move. Then, I'm about five seconds from strangling someone.

Attachments

• 2016-01-26_22.46.02.png
    2016-01-26_22.46.02.png
    539.1 KB · Views: 73

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Oh, and they all have the bedrock drill upgrade. Now, all I need are flake smelting facilities, I'm thinking maybe Mekanism, and I'll have resources beyond the dreams of avarice!
Do you also have ChromatiCraft?
It has a little something something for flake processing ;)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes! *dances around in circles*

BlayTheNinth said:
Ever played on a multiplayer server, built near other players and when returning from the Nether, surprisingly found yourself in another player's base? It's because of the 8:1 block ratio between the Nether and the Overworld. It's really weird though that you enter a portal in the overworld, and then when going back through where you came. come out of a different portal in the overworld. This mod fixes that issue.

It keeps track of what portals a player went through in order to ensure correct destinations when the player is going back through the same portals. This is honestly kind of hard to explain in text, even though it's a super simple concept. Here's a comparison image instead:

broken2.png
fixed2.png

This mod only needs to be installed on the server (but it works in singleplayer as well).

Note that as of now, this mod does not save any of the data it keeps track of, meaning when players relog, their portals will return to default behaviour for the first portal they walk through. This may be fixed in the future, if there's demand for it.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Do you also have ChromatiCraft?
It has a little something something for flake processing ;)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes! *dances around in circles*
How'd I forget that thing? Yes! That is what I need! And I've more than enough power (every pylon to which my base is linked is boosted) to handle multiple furnae for all my processing needs! Well, minus things like aluminium powder and tungsten, since the former is useful in making performance engines and the latter can only be smelted via friction-heated 'nilla furnace, and is useful for making tungsten carbide.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
I discovered that a Rank SS Terra Shatterer with Ring of Thor is useless and has a nice message from Vazkii lol.
It's useless because in the pack I'm playing there is no way to clear your inventory which you have to do after every 2-3 hits even using /Dev/Nulls for everything other than ore.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I discovered that a Rank SS Terra Shatterer with Ring of Thor is useless and has a nice message from Vazkii lol.
It's useless because in the pack I'm playing there is no way to clear your inventory which you have to do after every 2-3 hits even using /Dev/Nulls for everything other than ore.
I'm curious, what actually happens? why isn't dev/null helping?