Modded UHC tournament

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Should there be a Modded Ultra Hardcore?

• Total voters

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
I have read all the posts just looked this up .. I know a few youtuber friends. even though they only have like a hundred subs each I could possibly help find players ,should I?

The last post was also some time last year I think so might not be seen

And can I join the possible server Once it is out?

If there are other posts on a different thing then please say so I can join .
This thread is kinda dead. If you want you could pick it up, but this thread did achieve a general acceptance a modded UHC will not really implement mods all that well. Though a spin-off might work.

Eadorimthryth

Jul 29, 2019
This thread is kinda dead. If you want you could pick it up, but this thread did achieve a general acceptance a modded UHC will not really implement mods all that well. Though a spin-off might work.

Yep, kinda dead. although when i first started this i never thought that it would result in 24 pages of comments. Anyway. Spin-off, I don't quite understand what you mean whit that.

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, kinda dead. although when i first started this i never thought that it would result in 24 pages of comments. Anyway. Spin-off, I don't quite understand what you mean whit that.
I guess what I am saying is something like UHC. What I have in mind:

Idea 1:

(Will take a lot longer)
  • World Bordered Map
  • With that mod that allows you to make your own dungeons make some cool dungeons
  • With a loot mod delete all loot and add your own in: (incorporating mods)
  • Once Grace period is over map size decreases
The loot in the dungeons can either be two things. Mod items directly or crafting component like EE2's sorcerer's stone (the names something like that). If it is a crafting component it can be use to transmute raw materials into modded items (1 use)

You could also use HQM to make a kill and get loot system with mobs, or players! (Which loot can be modded items or a crafting component as mentioned earlier)

Idea 2:

Something like call of duty gun game on world bordered map where you get progressively worse modded item weapons for getting kills. First one to x kills wins

Reactions: Eadorimthryth

Eadorimthryth

Jul 29, 2019
I guess what I am saying is something like UHC. What I have in mind:

Idea 1:

(Will take a lot longer)
  • World Bordered Map
  • With that mod that allows you to make your own dungeons make some cool dungeons
  • With a loot mod delete all loot and add your own in: (incorporating mods)
  • Once Grace period is over map size decreases
The loot in the dungeons can either be two things. Mod items directly or crafting component like EE2's sorcerer's stone (the names something like that). If it is a crafting component it can be use to transmute raw materials into modded items (1 use)

You could also use HQM to make a kill and get loot system with mobs, or players! (Which loot can be modded items or a crafting component as mentioned earlier)

Idea 2:

Something like call of duty gun game on world bordered map where you get progressively worse modded item weapons for getting kills. First one to x kills wins

I like the sound of both those ideas

CuriousKey

Jul 29, 2019
This sounds like a fascinating idea if it could be made somewhat balanced. :) So if you *are* thinking of reviving this, you have my interest and support at least.

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
The only reason to revive this would be if some 1k+ modded youtubers are playing it. This type of pack would most likely get stuck in the mud if there were no one to help get it out to the public.

CuriousKey

Jul 29, 2019
The only reason to revive this would be if some 1k+ modded youtubers are playing it. This type of pack would most likely get stuck in the mud if there were no one to help get it out to the public.

Well, in the youtuber ecosystem I'm essentially the size of an amoeba, but I'd be up for giving it a try, if we could round up some other people interested.

Eadorimthryth

Jul 29, 2019
but first we would need a balanced pack, a balanced game situation and a server ( and in case of that second idea, some balanced maps).

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
but first we would need a balanced pack, a balanced game situation and a server ( and in case of that second idea, some balanced maps).
Everything, but the server is easy. You don't want the server lagging out in the middle of a big youtuber match. You also want to make it easy for youtubers to connect. The hard part about the server is anticipate everything. (What if something goes wrong).

Overmorrow

Jul 29, 2019
I'll repeat the question I asked on the last page - would anyone like to jump in an IRC, Skype, or other kind of instant-messaging chat to be able to organise something like this properly and quickly? I already have a small modpack for this thrown together I've been messing with, mainly with lower-tech mods though since it'd be extremely unfair getting lucky in a single dungeon chest and getting a top-of-the-range sword, or something to that extent.

CuriousKey

Jul 29, 2019
I'll repeat the question I asked on the last page - would anyone like to jump in an IRC, Skype, or other kind of instant-messaging chat to be able to organise something like this properly and quickly? I already have a small modpack for this thrown together I've been messing with, mainly with lower-tech mods though since it'd be extremely unfair getting lucky in a single dungeon chest and getting a top-of-the-range sword, or something to that extent.

I'd be up for giving it a go sometime. I'll message you my skype.

Eadorimthryth

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to, but finals are coming, which take a lot of my time, and I might not be the best person to organize such a thing

FriendlyLion

Jul 29, 2019
Shouldn't the mods be like:
A thirst mod (you can dehydrate)
A temperature mod(you can have heat stroke or Frostbite)
A mod to increase something similar to water that you need.
Mo' Creatures
a few other mods
And that really be it?

Overmorrow

Jul 29, 2019
In my opinion a modded UHC shouldn't focus too much on making things harder. Not being able to regain health is already a bad enough thing, especially since some mods at tougher mobs that will make health an even bigger obstacle. Having to worry about health, thirst, temperature, and a whole heap of new evil mobs would just be too much when the focus should be on player vs player combat.

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
In my opinion a modded UHC shouldn't focus too much on making things harder. Not being able to regain health is already a bad enough thing, especially since some mods at tougher mobs that will make health an even bigger obstacle. Having to worry about health, thirst, temperature, and a whole heap of new evil mobs would just be too much when the focus should be on player vs player combat.
Exactly, what's the fun in watching a UHC were everyone dies of starvation curled up in a hole because they did not want to overheat.

BreezyTaco

Jul 29, 2019
I have read all the posts just looked this up .. I know a few youtuber friends. even though they only have like a hundred subs each I could possibly help find players ,should I?

The last post was also some time last year I think so might not be seen

And can I join the possible server Once it is out?

If there are other posts on a different thing then please say so I can join .
Dude this idea has been long forgotten from what I can tell, I was one of the ones who helped with the idea, everyone just kind of stopped because no one ever made the full pack or dedicated a server or anything, this idea was fun while it lasted but there's no way it's coming back sadly, it may and I could stand corrected but I don't see it happening.

Eadorimthryth

Jul 29, 2019
anyway hotw is every one doing? i'll repeat the question i asked on the last page - would anyone like to jump in an IRC, Skype, or another kind of instant-
Dude this idea has been long forgotten from what I can tell, I was one of the ones who helped with the idea, everyone just kind of stopped because no one ever made the full pack or dedicated a server or anything, this idea was fun while it lasted but there's no way it's coming back sadly, it may and I could stand corrected but I don't see it happening.
maybe, maybe not. But still, but the main problem before was that no one (or no small group) really "took control" and steered the discussions in the right direction and organized it here. There was no good organisation, no concrete plan (at least I didn't see one). And i have no idea of how to do that. We might need someone with some experiences.

FriendlyLion

Jul 29, 2019
Then if no one is here top organize it. I know 2 Friends who can help me with a server and Ill help them get the mods then tell all my friends who have youtube. If any one would like to help me please say so

Last edited: