Modded UHC tournament

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Should there be a Modded Ultra Hardcore?

• Total voters

Eadorimthryth

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure how well that would work, who sent the pack to ATLauncher, I forgot :/
I am playing on a small private server from time to time, with a lot of mods and mods are added/removed often. As long as everyone gets the message that a mods are added/removed or configs are edited it works well. And otherwise we could make little installers (with jar or bat files) to add the mods/configs for the pack which are downloadable from the site. And always a up to date pack online in, for example in dropbox, so everyone can download it. To download an entire pack can take long, therefore i suggest one downloads a instance with ATL, then adds our mods with a file that we created and is customized so it installs everything in the atl folder and then pastes everything in the instance. everytime we add/edit/remove a mod one can download a updater from the site which add/edit/removes the mod(s). to get to the right folder one could selec tthe folder in a little GUI of that file.
The files do not replace ATL, they only install/edit/remove. This way we don't need ATL to approve and add our pack

BreezyTaco

Jul 29, 2019
I am playing on a small private server from time to time, with a lot of mods and mods are added/removed often. As long as everyone gets the message that a mods are added/removed or configs are edited it works well. And otherwise we could make little installers (with jar or bat files) to add the mods/configs for the pack which are downloadable from the site. And always a up to date pack online in, for example in dropbox, so everyone can download it. To download an entire pack can take long, therefore i suggest one downloads a instance with ATL, then adds our mods with a file that we created and is customized so it installs everything in the atl folder and then pastes everything in the instance. everytime we add/edit/remove a mod one can download a updater from the site which add/edit/removes the mod(s). to get to the right folder one could selec tthe folder in a little GUI of that file.
The files do not replace ATL, they only install/edit/remove. This way we don't need ATL to approve and add our pack
I don't use vanilla ATLauncher instances, I make custom vanilla launcher directories, I like that a lot better

Pancakes6613

Jul 29, 2019
I found this awesome launcher called the magic launcher. It lets you put mods into your minecraft without altering the minecraft launcher or clearing your minecraft folder.[DOUBLEPOST=1400673444][/DOUBLEPOST]Also sorry for not being active but last time I checked there were no new posts since March and I forgot to check for about a month but I'm back now

BreezyTaco

Jul 29, 2019
I don't see the point of using a launcher for manually downloaded mods, it so easy to make one in vanilla launcher

Overmorrow

Jul 29, 2019
I just read through this entire thread and wanted to comment on a couple of things.

Firstly, the mod list. I know that this list has been redefined since, but this is the latest full list I've seen so I'll just comment on each mod in it without rewriting the list myself.

Advanced Genetics - This would make for a lot of awesome combat using explosions, teleportation, etc. and the extra health and buffs would make for a hell of a game, although the mod itself requires a lot of machines, a lot of time, and generally is an uninteresting mod to advance in for such a short game.

Advanced Terrain Generation - I love this mod to bits, although feel that UHC isn't the place for it. It makes large mountains, continents, and in general the things you don't want in UHC. I feel that the environment for this sort of gameplay should be varied, flat, and have a lot going on to accommodate the mass of different things happening in the game. People don't want to dig up from bedrock after finding gold into a 200 block high mountain just to get out.

AOBD - This is such a small mod that I'm sure it doesn't harm anything, but is it even needed? I'm sure no-one will have massive automation systems in that need all of the dusts from here.

Applied Energistics - The majority of this mod will be useless and too late game, but the quartz grinder seems useful. Quartz tools not so much since there are a million and one better tools than these, but what else does this mod offer for such early game?

ARCHIMEDES' SHIPS - This could make for some very interesting gameplay in my opinion, I'd love to see it put to use for combat although the fact it's so glitchy at times isn't that great. I know the game's not about aesthetics, but no-one will have time to make it look good, will it even be fun just seeing massive blobs of blocks fly away to where no-one can reach?

ArmorStatus HUD - I use this mod myself and add it to all modpacks I use, it's an unobtrusive and useful little gem, and no doubt will be useful for combat too.

Ars Magica 2 - The progression in this is very steep to get anything terribly useful, but it would be awesome to see this put to use in combat. The fact that health and regeneration spells are early-game don't bode too well with me either.

Atomic Science - Forgive my ignorance, but what does this even offer for combat?

Balkon’s Weapon Mod - Superb choice. Early game, simple, and focussed on combat, even opening up different combat styles. This fits perfectly.

Better Storage - Backpacks are cool but there are a lot of other options for portable storage so this isn't unique enough to stay. Drinking helmets are an awesome idea for those short spouts of battle when you don't want to waste a whole golden apple or whatever, although potions are so rarely used in vanilla UHC and with the mass of other options in modded UHC I highly doubt this'd get used at all. Nothing else in the mod seems useful at all.

Bibliocraft - Aesthetic mod only, has no place here.

Bibliowoods - Biomes O Plenty - Aesthetic mod only, has no place here.

Bibliowoods - Highlands - Aesthetic mod only, has no place here.

Bibliowoods - Natura - Aesthetic mod only, has no place here.

Big Reactors - Only used for power generation and there are a ton of other options for powergen in this pack already.

Biomes O' Plenty - Varied terrain, this'd be more interesting than vanilla environments, but I think a lot of the more useless or overpowered biomes should be disabled (spawning in an apple orchard would be insane).

Blood Magic - This'd be very interesting with the fact the entire game is based around not healing. I saw mentioned earlier the argument of using mob farms, although as far as I'm aware you can only use that from tiers 2 or 3 higher, how would you progress early on? That being said, a lot of the tools and utilities offered by this (such as the air sigil for easy movement or phantom bridge sigil to get a height advantage on opponents while shielding you from below) would fit in perfectly.

Carpenter’s Blocks - Aesthetic mod only, has no place here.

Chisel - Aesthetic mod only, has no place here. Sure the spawn can be made out of these blocks, but why these? It's not like there aren't any other decorative blocks around.

Damage Indicators - Everyone's comparing modded UHC to Mindcrack's UHC, on that you can see people's health on the player list, so why not here? I admit that seeing it here on-demand would be a big change as you don't think to check other's health on the player list when you're in combat. This'd be a big change to combat, you'd know whether to charge towards someone if they have low health or keep pot-shotting them with arrows, and it'd be a different game entirely. Then again, with things like the thorns enchantments, Witchery poppets, secret rooms blocks and such, this could also be used to lure people as you can never know what they've got lined up or in their hotbar.

DartCraft

Deadly World - Too deadly when the combat is meant to be player-to-player.

Dungeon Pack - Dungeons are cool, dungeon loot is cool, just don't make them too difficult so that PvP won't happen, nor too easy so that the dungeon loot is overpowered.

Ender Storage - The crafting recipes for these things by default are too expensive to be worth it, although starting off with an ender pouch each would be awesome to put your team colours on to safely share things with your team.

EnderIO

Engineers Toolbox

Enhanced Portals - Teleporting is always cool, but it doesn't really fit here on such a small battlefield when you're going to be constantly moving anyway.

EVOC - Minor but useful.

Extra Cells - Too late-game to be useful.

Extra Utilities - The amount of RF generators this offers are great and will offer people a lot of different ways to get into powered things early on, not to mention unstable ingots making things like the ethereal sword and healing axe (more health regeneration options!) and the magnum torch (who likes worrying about mobs when caving anyway?) are all useful.

Flat Signs - Why? Such a small aesthetic change for a block no-one uses in UHC.

ForgeIRC - Why? You want to be talking to your teammates, not IRC.

Galaticraft - Yes, space battles would be awesome. No, they're not viable in short matches or offer anything other than higher jumping and slow-time arrows (and be honest, who will even bother using boring old arrows with the new weapons available?).

Gascraft - I'm not too familiar with this mod myself, but the gases you can use as weapons here don't seem any more effective than placing down a bucket of lava 3 blocks infront of you. What's the fun in that?

Hardcore Ender Expansion - The End is far too end-game (get it? haha) for such a short round. One look at the Ender Dragon and that team's dead.

Harvestcraft - Why? People will be running around and doing things other than farming.

Hat Stand - Why? No-one will be staying in one place to put down a hat stand.

Hats - Why? Offers nothing useful or helpful, the biggest use I could see in this is each team having their own hat to wear, but here are a ton of better alternatives than that as far as I'm concerned.

Highlands - An awesome biome mod so I can't complain, but for what I feel should be a small and more tightly focussed pack, I fail to see the need for both this and Biomes O Plenty in the same pack.

ICBM

Infernal Mobs

Infinity Bows

Inventory Tweaks

Jabba

Journey Map

Lava Monsters

Magical Crops

Mariculture

Mekanism

MFFS

Minefactory Reloaded

Modular Power Suit

Modular Power Suits Addons

Natura

NEI

NEI Addons

NEI Plugins

Nether Ores - Another reason to go to the nether is always good, especially since the nether is more dangerous now.

Not Enough Keys - Small clientside mod, useful.

ObsidiPlates - Useful for houses, houses that I imagine people won't really have in UHC. Regardless, I see it as being useful for blocking off cave homes and such.

Open Components - v

Open Computers - I can't imagine anyone will need a programmed computer system to do anything for them in such a short game focussed around combat.

OpenBlocks - Hang gliders are cool for traversing terrain,

Pam's Clay Spawn - Never had a problem finding clay myself, not sure if this is needed. Forcing people to go look around rivers is a nice way to force combat.

Portal Gun

Project:Red - Sickles are cool for getting apples easily, gem tools may be nice early on, I can imagine dye trees may be useful if people can't for example find a desert and they need cactus green for a recipe.

Railcraft

Railcraft Dusts - Out of every mod in the pack, Railcraft seems like the least likely one that people will be ore processing with.

Redstone Arsenal

Remote IO - Why? This could be cool for traps and such, but you'd have to be there and there are a ton of other things available for traps.

Resonant Induction - I'm not personally familiar with this mod, but the progression seems steep and I don't see any useful equipment it offers that other mods don't.

Roguelike Dungeons - What I've said about the other dungeon mods. Nice, good for loot, but balance them well.

ServerTools

SortFix

Special Mobs

Steve's Factory Manager - What use will people even have of this when they're just trying to survive?

Thaumcraft 4 - With the free cheated Thauminomicon, this seems like a must-have, even if infusing may be a bit complicated for such a short game.

Thaumcraft Mob Aspects - There aren't many extra mobs added to the game and even so they don't really offer aspects you can easily get other ways, in the idea of keeping the pack small I'd personally keep this out.

Thaumic Reliquary - Forces people into ThaumCraft unnecessarily. ThaumCraft already offers enough of its own unique equipment, I'd leave this out to keep gameplay diverse and allow more people to use Xeno's Reliquary.

Thaumic Tinkerer - With Thaumcraft, definitely yes.

Thaumic Tinkerer - KAMI - May be extremely overpowered, once someone gets these tools and armour the game would pretty much be set.

Thermal Expansion - Imagine using florbs to fight, it'd be amazing! Offers everything from ore processing to portable storage to tools and weapons, and is easy to get into for the most part.

Tinkers' Construct - Obviously useful, offers a diverse amount of tools, weapons, easy enchantments, etc. Ore doubling if people build a smeltery is a plus, breaking down oak leaves easier with a scythe is useful, rapiers ignoring armour would be far too overpowered though. Bow combat with this would be very interesting.

Tinkers' Mechworks - Awesome mod for building bases, but that's not what'll be happening here.

Translocators - No-one will be building sorting systems or automated things like this, the only use I see is the portable crafting grid which is useless when there's the DartCraft clipboard as an option.

Twilight Forest - Offers nothing except another dimension to run around in. Sure some weapons and armour can be cool, but not better than anything else available, and no-one will be fighting the bosses.

Utility Mobs - Set up a ton of mobs to attack your enemies, game won. Not sure if these utility mobs will be useful when no-one has a base and the entire game is PvP anyway.

W.A.I.L.A - Bare in mind this has the same functionality as Damage Indicators in that you get to see other player's amount of hearts. Also if Secret Rooms is installed, the appropriate settings would be needed.

Weather

Witchery

WRCBE

Xenos' Reliquary - Adds a weapon, some cool potions, useful utilities for traversing the nether and such, this could fit in quite well.

Zombie Awareness - Makes mobs too overpowered when the pack should be focussed towards PvP.

I didn't comment on them all either because I'm not familiar enough with them or have nothing precise to say about any of them.

Still, you're missing a few mods that I think should be essential in any player-versus-player environment. The mods I'm listing next are ones that I recommend you consider the possibilities of, even if they may not all be good in the pack.

Mine and Blade: Battlegear - Dual wielding weapons, tools, and shields, adds a bunch of new weapons, shields to block damage, new armour, etc. Obviously the dual wielding is the main feature here.

GeoStrata - Offers a few different kinds of buffs with the crystals which may be either useful or overpowered.

Rival Rebels - Lots of high tech weapons. Seriously. Take a look.

Ancient Warfare - Lots of new weapons, although they may not be best suited for quick paced fighting.

Smart Moving - Changes gameplay completely with the amount of ways to move around, but will also make things more interesting. Fun ways to dodge the many ways you can get hurt.

Metallurgy - Not for the ores since they're unnecessary here, but the early game and upgradeable machines would be useful.

Factorization - Early game tech, easy ore processing (slag furnace), utilities (bags, pocket crafting table, etc.).

Crossbows (by MicDoodle) - Module crossbows, easy to make, upgrade, and can offer a lot of damage and different ways to play.

QuiverBow - Lots of new arrows and projectiles to utilise.

InfinityBow - Fixes the infinity enchantment on bows to not require arrows.

Secret Rooms - While I realise people won't be building many traps or bases, for those that get the chance to, this mod will be useful.

gokiStats - With TiC and other weapons, people may not be using XP to enchant. Instead, let them spend their XP on player stats such as reducing damage taken or increasing sword/bow damage given.

You commented on using Custom Ore Generation to force ore veins to only spawn in caves. That's good if you're aiming for a YouTube-centric pack, although caves aren't always that easy to find, and with tools like the TiC Hammer and DC Pickaxe I can imagine people will strip mine more than normal, especially since there will be a ton of other ores to get.

Eadorimthryth

Jul 29, 2019
I believe this has been abandoned.
yeah, sorry 'bout that. I accidental threw saltpetre acid over my computer, so I wasn't quite able to respond. (and afterwards I completely forgot about it cuz I don't get e-mail notifications)[DOUBLEPOST=1402586707][/DOUBLEPOST]But what needs to be done? the modpack, the distribution of it, the server, the website, getting attention... what else? Or has the rest abandoned it too?

BreezyTaco

Jul 29, 2019
yeah, sorry 'bout that. I accidental threw saltpetre acid over my computer, so I wasn't quite able to respond. (and afterwards I completely forgot about it cuz I don't get e-mail notifications)[DOUBLEPOST=1402586707][/DOUBLEPOST]But what needs to be done? the modpack, the distribution of it, the server, the website, getting attention... what else? Or has the rest abandoned it too?
Erm.... Someone was working on the pack distribution I thought

SpwnX

Jul 29, 2019
While nearly everyone voted yes, nobody took the time to actually make up a pack...

Also, guns n vehicles? (Flan's mod)

BreezyTaco

Jul 29, 2019
While nearly everyone voted yes, nobody took the time to actually make up a pack...

Also, guns n vehicles? (Flan's mod)
We were working on it but someone was supposed to do something and it didn't work or something. This idea kinda fell into a hole and probably won't be rescued, I still like the idea but, oh well.

Overmorrow

Jul 29, 2019
If anyone wants to have a realtime chat over IRC or Skype or something I'm sure we can figure something out and get a pack together pretty easily.

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
The big problem with UHC modded is you will not have time to get into the mods. Most mods require some effort to get into. You will just find yourself stuck playing UHC as if it was vinilla.

Overmorrow

Jul 29, 2019
The big problem with UHC modded is you will not have time to get into the mods. Most mods require some effort to get into. You will just find yourself stuck playing UHC as if it was vinilla.

Custom dungeons with something like chocolate quest with setups for different mods (like one with a room with a thaumcraft altar, another with a solar setup for IC2, etc.) could make this easier on people. If not, dungeon loot.

FriendlyLion

Jul 29, 2019
I have read all the posts just looked this up .. I know a few youtuber friends. even though they only have like a hundred subs each I could possibly help find players ,should I?

The last post was also some time last year I think so might not be seen

And can I join the possible server Once it is out?

If there are other posts on a different thing then please say so I can join .

Last edited: