Modded UHC tournament

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Should there be a Modded Ultra Hardcore?

• Total voters

FriendlyLion

Jul 29, 2019
Okay I probably need a better mod list if everyone can agree on one Ive been testing one and improving it so far.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
First thing first we need to answer some questions
1 How difficult do we want the pve to be?
2 How advanced do we let the players be and how do we make them that advanced? think of cheaper recipes and dungeon loot
3 How do we let people start at pvp? Remember this is modded Minecraft we can do a lot more than time limit/shrinking borders
4 If we make custom dungeons how big do they need to be?

If we know this we can more easily create a good mod pack as we know were to look for.

FriendlyLion

Jul 29, 2019
1. pve should be a more for if people want to dig striahgt down and stuff like that ,higher risk for a bit of reward with higher chances of reward.
2.I think the recipes should be about the same because otherwise less people would know them. and dungeon loot is about the same, with more dangerous and more dungeons.
3. we could do the same as a UHC deathmatch and pvp timer. like first 10 mins no pvp. and at deathmatch a lot of people spawned in a square.
4.The dungeons are fine the way they are there are some bigger dungeons with lots of spawners. I tested it with no regen and stone tools its possible to kill some of them but impossible to loot entire dungeon unless good loot and there is none best loot is some minature hearts and only one with a chance.

My opinions after testing modpack I have it needs some more stuff still.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
1. pve should be a more for if people want to dig striahgt down and stuff like that ,higher risk for a bit of reward with higher chances of reward.
2.I think the recipes should be about the same because otherwise less people would know them. and dungeon loot is about the same, with more dangerous and more dungeons.
3. we could do the same as a UHC deathmatch and pvp timer. like first 10 mins no pvp. and at deathmatch a lot of people spawned in a square.
4.The dungeons are fine the way they are there are some bigger dungeons with lots of spawners. I tested it with no regen and stone tools its possible to kill some of them but impossible to loot entire dungeon unless good loot and there is none best loot is some minature hearts and only one with a chance.

My opinions after testing modpack I have it needs some more stuff still.

As for "forcing" pvp I was more or less thinking about people dropping special items making pvp even more rewarding than normal, especially the early kills. Also did I miss the mod list or is it something you are currently working on? If the latter could you perhaps list the mods? Then everyone could help with filling the gaps and play test.

FriendlyLion

Jul 29, 2019
There is no official modlist and I would like everyone to agree on one.
and I made it to where it drops players heads for reward.

Eadorimthryth

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not even sure why we're discussing a server yet, to be honest. We can do nothing about a server without knowing what mods we have, how many players there'll be in that first tournament, how much RAM we'll need to keep everything running smoothly for the players with that many mods, if we'll need to set the server up to be reused (and if that'd be automatic or not so anyone can join in), etc. There's a lot of other things to organise before we need to even discuss a server.

I don't really see a problem with it all being in one thread for now. Even if we're talking about slightly different things it's all related to MUHC and there's only been one page of posts here in the past week anyway, it's easy enough to keep track of.

I can't see a subreddit being active or useful right now, I think we need to just get things off the ground to begin with.

Again, I don't see the use of a board to discuss things that can be covered in a single thread.

This would be an option at some point, but only if things take off really well. I don't think the MUHC community even if it goes insanely well would get bigger than a need for a subreddit.

5) Stick with this for now.
I wasn't talking about servers in specific, but the other points are valid.

FriendlyLion

Jul 29, 2019
I finished config it wont be hard enough to where we will all only last five mins and not easy enough to where we will all last the time of the game.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Why am I worried that it either has zombie awareness , enviromein, hunger overhaul, spice of life and I don't even know what else. Or that it contains dirt to life dirt to diamonds and dirt to iridium(if it has ic2).

FriendlyLion

Jul 29, 2019
It has none of that actually
It is kinda long and might take to long to list everything
If it was that hard it might make it no fun and no one would play

its not to hard or to easy

Last edited:

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
It has none of that actually
It is kinda long and might take to long to list everything
If it was that hard it might make it no fun and no one would play

its not to hard or to easy

Well a list needs to be made eventual and the sooner we know the list we can help testing. Also if I know the list I might be able to setup a test server but I don't know if it can handle 1.7.10 or if I have enough time to help with the testing or change the server often enough to be of any use this early.

note: the server is NOT powerful enough for a full tournament at least I doubt it will. So we still need to search for another server :(

FriendlyLion

Jul 29, 2019
The modpack has 45mods and seems to be good I set up all the configuration to where it would be good I would eally like to play this and do I just upload the file to put it on? (sorry for errors something broke and I cant fix them)

Eadorimthryth

Jul 29, 2019
The modpack has 45mods and seems to be good I set up all the configuration to where it would be good I would eally like to play this and do I just upload the file to put it on? (sorry for errors something broke and I cant fix them)
Trim the list as best as possible, the lighter the modpack, the better. right? And I am getting more and more curious for the list!

Jackcat136

Jul 29, 2019
We could just get our own server, I know a server host that will host 3 months for $30 with not too much lag. Well I don;t necessarily know them but my friend uses them all the time :p I'll get more details

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Before we can do anything like hosting a server we need to know the mods and test it. I can proberly open a test server for that. So for now we don't need to worry about other servers.
After that there is still a lot to do before we can run the first tournament.