[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
That's why I mentioned using the p2p tunnel :) AE won't actually be storing any fluid, just used as transportation.

I didn't know you could do that. I just got the hang of AE1 shortly before AE2 was being developed. I have watched several video's on AE2, but still can't get my head around it. But thanks for letting me know about P2P and Fluids.

Antillar

Jul 29, 2019
I have some questions about the pack.

1. What does Wispy Cotton mean in the mutation GUI of Wormwood in the NEI?
2. How do I get Wispy Cotton?
3. After finishing first chapter I am stuck on copper quest. I have all the items, but I need to plase them into the QDS, but I have not found any way of doing it because I don't have iron yet. So I can't craft hoppers, pipes+engine,vacuum chests or export buses. Have I missed something, or do I have to spend hours hunting zombies for ultra-rare metal ingots?
4. Some of my crops seem to have stuck on a certain stats. Wheat is stuck on 3-3-2, Sugarcane on 2-2-2, Essence on 4-4-3, Beladonna on 8-10-10. For the past 10-20 breeding sycles I did not got any stat increase. I tried to make farmland somewhere else, replace dirt(sand for sugarcane), replace water but nothing worked. Most of my crops do well, but these ones are stuck. How to fix?

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019

3. After finishing first chapter I am stuck on copper quest. I have all the items, but I need to plase them into the QDS, but I have not found any way of doing it because I don't have iron yet. So I can't craft hoppers, pipes+engine,vacuum chests or export buses. Have I missed something, or do I have to spend hours hunting zombies for ultra-rare metal ingots?
4. Some of my crops seem to have stuck on a certain stats. Wheat is stuck on 3-3-2, Sugarcane on 2-2-2, Essence on 4-4-3, Beladonna on 8-10-10. For the past 10-20 breeding sycles I did not got any stat increase. I tried to make farmland somewhere else, replace dirt(sand for sugarcane), replace water but nothing worked. Most of my crops do well, but these ones are stuck. How to fix?

Copper into QDS? I thought you put the essences along with the rest on the Botanica Alter… I'm all the way into Thaumcraft and have YET to use a QDS for anything.

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019

1) that means you have to wispy cotton planted nearby in order for the mutation to happen.
2) I believe you can get it in the dream world (while in a dream).
3) Can you not click manual submit? I never needed a QDS.
4) no idea on this one. I didn't encounter this issue.

Antillar

Jul 29, 2019
Copper into QDS? I thought you put the essences along with the rest on the Botanica Alter… I'm all the way into Thaumcraft and have YET to use a QDS for anything.
The quest is called Cuprous Conduction. Second chapter. I have to hand in items. In QDS. I get copper essence as a reward.

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
The quest is called Cuprous Conduction. Second chapter. I have to hand in items. In QDS. I get copper essence as a reward.
Do you not have a manual submit button? That's how I did the quest. Can you provide a screenshot of that quest page?

Antillar

Jul 29, 2019
1) that means you have to wispy cotton planted nearby in order for the mutation to happen.
2) I believe you can get it in the dream world (while in a dream).
3) Can you not click manual submit? I never needed a QDS.
4) no idea on this one. I didn't encounter this issue.
2. I have read on the wiki that either you can not take anything from the dream world or only wispy cotton cannot be taken back. Is it true?
4. What shall I do then?

Last edited:

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, it worked now. Very strange though. I have played 3 HQM maps before, havent seen this anywhere. Anything about my other questions?

It is up to the pack maker whether they will require the QDS for turning items in, or if the Manual Submit button will be active. The QDS is always an option, whether or not the manual submit button is available.

On most HQM packs I've played it's been very rare to require the QDS. Chances are it's been available on the other packs you played and because you learned the QDS method first you just missed seeing the button...

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
2. I have read on the wiki that either you can not take anything from the dream world or only wispy cotton cannot be taken back. Is it true?
4. What shall I do then?
2. Not sure you need the wispy cotton yet… There is a progression. Not familiar with Dream World stuff myself..
4. The way to "grow" the seeds is to have double stacked crops next to a mature plant… if you harvest them they cannot germinate the crops next to them.

Antillar

Jul 29, 2019

2. Not sure you need the wispy cotton yet… There is a progression. Not familiar with Dream World stuff myself..
4. The way to "grow" the seeds is to have double stacked crops next to a mature plant… if you harvest them they cannot germinate the crops next to them.
I have grown beladonna to 8-10-10, potatoes to 9-10-10, carrots to 8-9-10 and many more crops coming. Do you think I do not know how to do this?

Bloodroot

Jul 29, 2019
There's a lot of talk about sprinkler systems. I supplied mine by having two source water blocks feeding a mariculture sluice up against my water tank. I'm sure there's a fancier way, but this is my first experience with buildcraft and I hadn't figured anything out yet when I built the sprinkler system.

My minecraft experience falls into two periods. I bought the game five days before beta started and played for about a year. Then I came back late last year after hearing about HQM and Agrarian Skies in particular. So I sort of missed the entire history of modded minecraft. I played AS to the end, then Clouds of Darkness to almost the end, then Crash Landing for a couple of weeks until I gave up. Now...Regrowth!

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
I have grown beladonna to 8-10-10, potatoes to 9-10-10, carrots to 8-9-10 and many more crops coming. Do you think I do not know how to do this?

Have you updated the any of the mods in the pack manually specifically AgriCraft as in the newest version of Agricraft it seems harder to get stat increases and/or have changed any of the configs?

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
Apologies. no insult intended.. never had a seed lock itself I run a string pattern so each plant can only grow in a single direction and have yet to be stumped.

Astasia

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having to run/swim 250+ to get to the closest oil, so a pipeline is more expensive than reasonable, and I am already making runs with Mari-Tanks, they just load slow, even with 4 wooden engines on the pump…

Is there any sort of teleport mechanism for fluids/items in the pack that I have not been able to discover yet??

There are many. Jabba B-Space barrels are the easiest to get, Thaumic Exploration can link chests like Ender Chests, AE2 has quantum rings, Blood Magic has teleposers. You can use any of those to transfer liquids, AE2 has liquid P2P tunnels, the others you can automate the filling and transfering of liquid tanks. Have a gate send a signal to a block breaker when a tank is full to send it by chest or barrel and have an empty tank placed down, botania can do both of those. Teleposers you don't even need to break/replace the tank, just have them swap full tanks for empty tanks and drain the full ones at your base. You could probably do it all with botania, but I haven't played with the botania teleport flower yet so I'm not sure how well that works.

Mekanism has solars, and you can grow coal before then, so I don't know why you are dealing with oil in the first place TBH. You can also just turn mana into RF, which is what I do.

Katekyi

Jul 29, 2019
Apologies. no insult intended.. never had a seed lock itself I run a string pattern so each plant can only grow in a single direction and have yet to be stumped.
I have grown all these into 10-10-10 so it is possible in the pack 6.5 version, Just keep on cross mutating and they will eventually change

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
There are many. Jabba B-Space barrels are the easiest to get, Thaumic Exploration can link chests like Ender Chests, AE2 has quantum rings, Blood Magic has teleposers. You can use any of those to transfer liquids, AE2 has liquid P2P tunnels, the others you can automate the filling and transfering of liquid tanks. Have a gate send a signal to a block breaker when a tank is full to send it by chest or barrel and have an empty tank placed down, botania can do both of those. Teleposers you don't even need to break/replace the tank, just have them swap full tanks for empty tanks and drain the full ones at your base. You could probably do it all with botania, but I haven't played with the botania teleport flower yet so I'm not sure how well that works.

Mekanism has solars, and you can grow coal before then, so I don't know why you are dealing with oil in the first place TBH. You can also just turn mana into RF, which is what I do.

I'm using Jabba B-Space already, so that one I get.

Not far enough into Thaum yet for anything of significance.

Teleposers is an interesting Idea once I start BM.

How do you convert mana to RF?