[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Aderon

Jul 29, 2019
Any one else having troubles getting this pack? It says it's been added but no icon or anything shows up in the launcher.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
It's caused by Gravestone. You can fix it by going into its config and setting fog to false. This is the default setting as of 0.7

Have you seen what the new version of Witchery has to offer? I remember reading you were adding more Witchery Quest, and was just curious if you seen it")

Kazekai

Jul 29, 2019
Steve's Barren Lands is indeed made specifically for the pack, but it's not what I use to generate the wasteland only. Its function is to stop trees, flowers and sugar cane from spawning in beach biomes.
I use Climate Control to disable Vanilla biomes, since as far as I can find, its the only mod capable of disabling vanilla biomes in 1.7.10. Both BoP and EBXL are supposed to have this functionality, but something in 1.7.10 broke it for them. The cracked sand is just EBXLs wasteland biome, and I use COFH Core to generate large amounts of it to nearly completely replace (a few blocks sneak through untouched) grass and dirt blocks around sea level in the beach and ocean biomes.

Oh. I guess it's still pretty impossible for me to do what I want then. Thanks anyway.

Aderon

Jul 29, 2019
It's listed now, you don't need the pack code at all anymore.
It's not even under the 3rd party pack tab, I have no clue why it's not showing up, I used the code this morning & have had it running since. I closed it to have some supper & when I re-launched FTB the pack was gone.

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
I've been watching some videos, and have a tip to share about the metal seeds quests. If you want to progress and grow stuff faster, choose the seeds rewards instead of the weak essence. Due to the Minecraft growth mechanics, you get a lot more stuff a lot faster if you use several 1/1/1 seeds, instead of taking a single seed and trying to mutate it to 10/10/10. Just plant the three seeds you have and wait for them to mutate naturally, you can do some breeding later.

This modpack isn't grindy at all, but your playstyle can turn it into a grind.

Having tried both of these method (and some hybrids of the two) I disagree. It is best to take one seed and plant it in a field covered in cross crops and then go do something else. Come back later and you will have a decent seed. Repeat once or twice and you are done. No grind needed just time and there is more than enough stuff to keep yourself busy.

Of course, in .65 the fastest way is to cross with another 10/10/10 seed but that is going away.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
@thephoenixlodge how long ago did you list it? Just curious, its a big step to move to a more public "release"
I applied to have it listed on the 24th, and got the response saying it was being listed earlier today.
It's not even under the 3rd party pack tab, I have no clue why it's not showing up, I used the code this morning & have had it running since. I closed it to have some supper & when I re-launched FTB the pack was gone.
Look at the top of the Third Party Packs list.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Having tried both of these method (and some hybrids of the two) I disagree. It is best to take one seed and plant it in a field covered in cross crops and then go do something else. Come back later and you will have a decent seed. Repeat once or twice and you are done. No grind needed just time and there is more than enough stuff to keep yourself busy.

Of course, in .65 the fastest way is to cross with another 10/10/10 seed but that is going away.
Since the growth is based on random numbers instead of time, it is best to take three seeds and let them tick while you do something else. You don't need a lot of metal, but you do need some, and three seeds on your field are way better than one for that. You'll need to do a whole lot of something else while you wait for your one seed.

NicoHana

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure if this has been brought up before, or if it is something that is still WIP, but I've noticed that on attempting harvesting the mystical flowers grown from the mutation-bred mystical seeds, nothing pops into my inventory.

However, if this HAS been brought up before, could someone kindly direct me to the post in question?

Just curious about this, can always just rampage with floral fertiliser after all...

Cryovolcano

Jul 29, 2019
This modpack isn't grindy at all, but your playstyle can turn it into a grind.

Some things is pretty grindy imo :p in example early game Mariculture and higher tier seeds, but I don't mind - as long as everything isn't a grind. Working hard for some stuff gives you a sense of accomplishment :)

Katekyi

Jul 29, 2019
ok so Ive made the blacksmiths anvil and assistant but I dont see any liquid exp to feed the assistant. Am I missing something?

hiharryII

Jul 29, 2019
Bug report: Crucible furnace is buggy in the wat that sometimes when I put items in it crashes me, or half of it disappears entirely and when I try to fix it, I crash. Sorry if this has been mentioned before.
Playing on V6.5