[0.12.0] 1.7.10: Technomancy Discussion Thread

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
First the obligatory warning:
This build is not supported by @theflogat and may have issues that could damage your saves! Make sure that you have a good world backup before using this!

This is a testing build ONLY! I recommend that it only be used in single player and on a dedicated test world! A creative world would probably be best.

I have been working on an update that will automatically detect ores added by mods and create purified ores for them.

I have tested this quite a bit and it seems to work, but would like some testing with a wider range of mods.

If anyone wants to help out and try this against whatever modpack they are using, it would be appreciated.

Here is what has changed:
Ores with regular furnace smelting recipes from ore -> ingot are automatically detected and a purified ore added.
Config file will get updated with config options for each detected ore. These config settings will:
- Allow disabling the purified ore
- Allow renaming the purified ore
- Allow changing the number of additional ingots you get from purified ores
- Allow changing the color of the purified ore

Things to look for:
Are all the ores with a furnace recipe detected?
Are the names for the purified ores correct?
Is the color correct? (Note that the color is dynamically determined based on the ingots for the metals that were found. So if you have one mod that adds Lead Ingots with a light color, and one that adds them with a dark color, the purified ore should have a color somewhere in between)

Please do not post results to this forum thread, if you find something that is incorrect please PM me the following details:
The name of the ore
The mod that adds the ore
What was wrong with it

The download can be found here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/53001205/technomancy/1.7.10 Technomancy 0.9.0 OreTest.jar
Again THIS IS A TESTING BUILD ONLY! Do not deploy this to stable servers or use with a world you value!

P.S. On an unrelated note, I am curious what people think of the new effects on the node fabricator, essential coils, and node dynamo. I have not done anything like them before and would like to know if people think they turned out well.

Morden

Last edited:

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
When I install this mod I get a liquidpotions:Mundane Potion6912 has been registered twice crash http://pastebin.com/PyGKjF8r

Thanx

-Crunk

This looks like an issue in the LiquidPotions mod:
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The name liquidpotions:Mundane Potion6912 has been registered twice, for com.liquidpotions.wrink.BlockPotion@61b63c1a and com.liquidpotions.wrink.BlockPotion@3edea3cc.
Not sure why it only shows up after adding this mod. This mod adds no potions, and does not add any items using the name "liquidpotions:Mundane Potion6912".

EDIT - Looking at OpenEye (http://openeye.openmods.info/crashes/93f1df8e22aaa4ca0d7acd0fb3fe338b) there are several crashes for this error, and they appear to be happening to people without Technomancy installed. I think LiquidPotions may have a bug.

A big thank you to the OpenMods folks. OpenEye is a great tool for tracking issues. I just wish more server owners would install it.

Last edited:

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
It's been a while, how's this mod coming along?

Quite good. The 0.9.0 version in the OP is stable.
The only real issue I am aware of is, don't right click on dynamos with an empty hand.

I'm sure there are some other issues hiding in there somewhere, but when isn't there?

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Quite good. The 0.9.0 version in the OP is stable.
The only real issue I am aware of is, don't right click on dynamos with an empty hand.

I'm sure there are some other issues hiding in there somewhere, but when isn't there?
I'll give it a look at some point, thanks.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
It's not a hot buggy mess anymore.
It's useable.
InnocenceLestrade.gif

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
Update your version of Thaumic Horizons - this was recently fixed.

Yeah, I spotted some crash reports about it in OpenEye, so I contacted the Thaumic Horizons author about the issue and they were very quick to fix it!

Also, has anyone looked at the test version of the mod I posted? I haven't seen any feedback on it.

Last edited:

theflogat

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I spotted some crash reports about it in OpenEye, so I contacted the Thaumic Horizons author about the issue and they were very quick to fix it!

Also, has anyone looked at the test version of the mod I posted? I haven't seen any feedback on it.

I like the visual effects. Also the ore detection system doesn't seem to have any issue in the RR modpack. I think it's pretty cool.

Reactions: Mordenkainen

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
I like the visual effects. Also the ore detection system doesn't seem to have any issue in the RR modpack. I think it's pretty cool.

Excellent.

I am updating it to the latest code changes and have one more thing I want to add (being able to configure the ingot output for each stage) and then I will make a pull request.

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
When I updated to the new Release versions of COFH mods I get this

Looks like TeamCOFH changed their class names.

It should be an easy fix, but since theflogat typically does releases on Sunday, and already did one, I don't think he will provide a fix in the near term.

FYI- This breaks any mod that uses reflection to access COFH's mods. I would expect there would be a LOT of mods that will be incompatible with this change.

I'm in the middle of rebuilding my modpack, and TeamCOFH goes and updates their mods.... BLAH.... Guess I'll update, see how much is broken, and if it looks like the rest of the pack works, see about a quick fix for Technomancy.... Stay Tuned!

EDIT- The new version of the COFH mods breaks EnderIO and a bunch of other mods for me. I will not be looking at them until either they revert the change or the mass of mods impacted update.

My advice is to wait to update your COFH mods, because you are likely to run into issues with some other mod at this point.

Last edited:

Nova Sol

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like TeamCOFH changed their class names.

It should be an easy fix, but since theflogat typically does releases on Sunday, and already did one, I don't think he will provide a fix in the near term.

FYI- This breaks any mod that uses reflection to access COFH's mods. I would expect there would be a LOT of mods that will be incompatible with this change.

I'm in the middle of rebuilding my modpack, and TeamCOFH goes and updates their mods.... BLAH.... Guess I'll update, see how much is broken, and if it looks like the rest of the pack works, see about a quick fix for Technomancy.... Stay Tuned!

EDIT- The new version of the COFH mods breaks EnderIO and a bunch of other mods for me. I will not be looking at them until either they revert the change or the mass of mods impacted update.

My advice is to wait to update your COFH mods, because you are likely to run into issues with some other mod at this point.
EIO apparently gets fixed by updating Forge.

Moorleiche2k

Jul 29, 2019
I am using RR3 with Techomancy 0.9.0 and still have issues with the galvanized bellows attached to infernal furnaces. According to the description they should speed up the furnaces more than standard bellows. But the furnace just works with standard speed as if no bellows are attached at all. By the way, do the speed increase of ignis + galvanized bellows stack?

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
I am using RR3 with Techomancy 0.9.0 and still have issues with the galvanized bellows attached to infernal furnaces. According to the description they should speed up the furnaces more than standard bellows. But the furnace just works with standard speed as if no bellows are attached at all. By the way, do the speed increase of ignis + galvanized bellows stack?

You are powering the bellows with RF correct?