[1.7.10] AgriCraft

Gamefury64

Jul 29, 2019
Watering can + any fake player is OP in my opinion, not only for my crops, but for all crops in general. I might just add something in that if you water your crops too much, they actually drown...
Ritual of the green grove is balanced by the fact that it drains your LP, so I won't touch that.
Shhh! Dint use the op word! Are you trying to turn your thread into a barren void of opinions?

Edit: I dont know wether to be mad or proud of myself. I just changed your mod!

ariosos

Jul 29, 2019
Something I just thought of (or two) watching the mod spotlight and seeing the tanks is -

1. Water quality. Depending on the biome (vanilla or modded), it affects the water quality in the tank based on the 'worst' biome water value covering the tank. In other words, let's say you have a tank in:

- Snow based biome - Would have the best water quality, but you would need some sort of lighting to keep it from freezing (that's my 2nd idea). Let's give it a value of 5.

- Plains/Meadows biome - Maybe the best neutral biome. value of 3.

- Desert biome - Can become contaminated with dust/sand and lower the water quality, or even clog up the tank over time. Water would be ok, but can also evaporate. Value of 1.

- Jungle/swamp biome - Water quality can be poor (would you drink swamp water IRL?) Value of -3.

- Wasteland biome - (thought of this looking at the brackish water) Probably the worst biome. Plants being fed this water could actually wither (recede in growth) and die off. Value of -5.

Let's say a tank is in a snow and plains biome. The tank blocks in the plains biome would decrease the overall value of 5 to 3 for all output channels. Or maybe do some average, with lower values holding greater weight (an extra multiplier). So, a 3x3 tank that has 8 blocks in tundra, and 1 in wasteland (which may be equivalent to 8 blocks), you'd get a pretty neutral water quality, rather than a very good water quality.

The 2nd idea I had was the biome would effect how the water responds. So, putting a tank in a desert could cause the water to evaporate unless it has a lid. Putting a tank in tundra would cause it to freeze (maybe break the tank? water expands when freezing) unless it has some lighted covering. A watertank in the nether could maybe turn into steam clouds.

Reactions: Gamefury64

Gamefury64

Jul 29, 2019
Something I just thought of (or two) watching the mod spotlight and seeing the tanks is -

1. Water quality. Depending on the biome (vanilla or modded), it affects the water quality in the tank based on the 'worst' biome water value covering the tank. In other words, let's say you have a tank in:

- Snow based biome - Would have the best water quality, but you would need some sort of lighting to keep it from freezing (that's my 2nd idea). Let's give it a value of 5.

- Desert biome - Can become contaminated with dust/sand and lower the water quality, or even clog up the tank over time. Water would be ok, but can also evaporate. Value of 1.

- Jungle/swamp biome - Water quality can be poor (would you drink swamp water IRL?) Value of -3.

- Wasteland biome - (thought of this looking at the brackish water) Probably the worst biome. Plants being fed this water could actually wither (recede in growth) and die off. Value of -5.

Let's say a tank is in a snow and plains biome. The tank blocks in the plains biome would decrease the overall value of 5 to 3 for all output channels. Or maybe do some average, with lower values holding greater weight (an extra multiplier). So, a 3x3 tank that has 8 blocks in tundra, and 1 in wasteland (which may be equivalent to 8 blocks), you'd get a pretty neutral water quality, rather than a very good water quality.

The 2nd idea I had was the biome would effect how the water responds. So, putting a tank in a desert could cause the water to evaporate unless it has a lid. Putting a tank in tundra would cause it to freeze (maybe break the tank? water expands when freezing) unless it has some lighted covering. A watertank in the nether could maybe turn into steam clouds.
I like the second idea. The first would mean lots of nbt data and such, and people dont need to worry about quality.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019

I like the second idea. The first would mean lots of nbt data and such, and people dont need to worry about quality.

if water quality would be a thing I'd rather like to see that you need to put filtergrids ontop of the watertanks to prevent dirt and dust from polluting the water.
having the water quality be dependant on the biome sounds like a real pain because you'd need to locate your base or greenhouse in the right biomes, and I don't think everybody will like that.

perhaps you could actually drop certain items into the top of the water tank to control the quality of the water instead...

Gamefury64

Jul 29, 2019
if water quality would be a thing I'd rather like to see that you need to put filtergrids ontop of the watertanks to prevent dirt and dust from polluting the water.
having the water quality be dependant on the biome sounds like a real pain because you'd need to locate your base or greenhouse in the right biomes, and I don't think everybody will like that.

perhaps you could actually drop certain items into the top of the water tank to control the quality of the water instead...
*coughcoughPurificationTabletscoughweeze*

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019

Perhaps not just water quality, but also give buffs. For example put special plant food to boost growth rate (not bone meal as that is too easy), weed killer to reduce weed chance, and maybe something fairly expensive to increase mutation rate and stat gains.

Reactions: Gamefury64

Gamefury64

Jul 29, 2019
Perhaps not just water quality, but also give buffs. For example put special plant food to boost growth rate (not bone meal as that is too easy), weed killer to reduce weed chance, and maybe something fairly expensive to increase mutation rate and stat gains.
And items to sabotage peoples water supplies. :D

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019

it'd be great if you could use all the plant seeds you've collected and no longer have an use for like I mentioned before.
perhaps by grinding the plant seeds up, and combining the result of that could create these kinds of plant buffs.

combining certain plant seeds could create certain buffs, but most could probably be used as some sort of weed killer

Gamefury64

Jul 29, 2019
it'd be great if you could use all the plant seeds you've collected and no longer have an use for like I mentioned before.
perhaps by grinding the plant seeds up, and combining the result of that could create these kinds of plant buffs.

combining certain plant seeds could create certain buffs, but most could probably be used as some sort of weed killer
Yeah, and be able to throw in trash like rotten flesh to reduce quality, making crops die. MWAHAHAHA!

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Oh waw you guys just burried me under an avalanche of suggestions, so lets see.

• Water quality in tanks dependent on biomes, cool suggestion, however considering that the primary way to fill up tanks is rain it's not quite realistic. As far as I know rain in plains is the same as rain in a swamp. Also I'm not going to start tagging water buckets with qualities depending on what biome they were filled in.
  • Additives are planned for the next tier of irrigation systems
  • Seeds will be part of the composting system
  • I like the idea of dropping things inside a tank, however for this I would first need to figure out how to do the bounding boxes (you've probably noticed that tanks are just solid blocks that you can walk on).

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Oh waw you guys just burried me under an avalanche of suggestions, so lets see.

• Water quality in tanks dependent on biomes, cool suggestion, however considering that the primary way to fill up tanks is rain it's not quite realistic. As far as I know rain in plains is the same as rain in a swamp. Also I'm not going to start tagging water buckets with qualities depending on what biome they were filled in.
  • Additives are planned for the next tier of irrigation systems
  • Seeds will be part of the composting system
  • I like the idea of dropping things inside a tank, however for this I would first need to figure out how to do the bounding boxes (you've probably noticed that tanks are just solid blocks that you can walk on).

perhaps there could also be a new type of tank that's more industrial, this tank could for example have a temperature control unit and a mixer that could be used to properly mix the additives into the water, with mechanical pipes that can transport the water (both horizontally and vertically) and to really go the agriculture route, these machines could either run off solar, wind or water power, though if something like power generation is added it should really be something that's added when all the other stuff is already added, seeing as the mod is about plants and crops and not exactly about machines and industrial

but thinking a bit further on this... would it also be able to for example genetically modify the resources you get from crops? for example wheat (or a new type of industrial food)that can be used on all animals (so also on pigs and chickens) to breed them, or having a type of food that'll speed up the growth of baby animals, or having vegetables that'll fill more hunger (though that'll probably require a whole lot of editing, so that's maybe not the best idea)

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
perhaps there could also be a new type of tank that's more industrial, this tank could for example have a temperature control unit and a mixer that could be used to properly mix the additives into the water, with mechanical pipes that can transport the water (both horizontally and vertically) and to really go the agriculture route, these machines could either run off solar, wind or water power, though if something like power generation is added it should really be something that's added when all the other stuff is already added, seeing as the mod is about plants and crops and not exactly about machines and industrial

but thinking a bit further on this... would it also be able to for example genetically modify the resources you get from crops? for example wheat (or a new type of industrial food)that can be used on all animals (so also on pigs and chickens) to breed them, or having a type of food that'll speed up the growth of baby animals, or having vegetables that'll fill more hunger (though that'll probably require a whole lot of editing, so that's maybe not the best idea)
Stuff is planned.
You'll see it when it is done, and it is done when it is done.

(I do appreciate suggestions btw)

Gamefury64

Jul 29, 2019
Stuff is planned.
You'll see it when it is done, and it is done when it is done.

(I do appreciate suggestions btw)
Suggestion? I think it would be cool to extract genes from seeds. Generally this will kill the seed, or not produce the trait at all. Then I can inject it into another. Sort of like extra bees machines.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Suggestion? I think it would be cool to extract genes from seeds. Generally this will kill the seed, or not produce the trait at all. Then I can inject it into another. Sort of like extra bees machines.

if there's more traits it'd be a good idea, but there's only 3 traits currently and it's quite easy to transfer those traits onto other seeds.

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
I just released 1.3.0-alpha on CurseForge. This is the first in a series of large updates that have some major changes/additions.

I've had a lot of requests for can plant A only grow on soil X, and make plant B need block N for mutating.
So while implementing this, the code became a mess. So we figured, let's rewrite parts of it and give crops a set of requirements for growing, the requirements for mutating are the same as for growing. So let's say you wanted to cross to crops to crop C. And crop C requires a light level between 9 and 12, it can only grow on podzol and it needs a pie nearby to grow. If these requirements are not met, your two plants will never mutate into crop C.

These growth requirements can be fully changed with Minetweaker, the documentation for this can be found on the GitHub Wiki. Note one thing, since mutations now need the same requirements as growing, the mutations config no longer takes these requirements, meaning pack devs will need to move those changes into Minetweaker scripts. Note that many of these features haven't been thoroughly tested, hence the Alpha tag. So please report all bugs you run into.

The other thing this update has is a partial rewrite of the irrigation system updating code as well as change the way all my tile entities update. I am uncertain how this will affect performance, of course this was done to try and improve performance and in my dev environment I noticed a boost in FPS. Feedback is appreciated.

Last but not least, you probably already noticed that shortly before the release of 1.2 @nimO joined me to help me out on the code. He didn't want to be credited because people would be "the f he do?", but as you can see from the comparison below he's responsible for roughly 25% of the content of AgriCraft (counting commits):

49e2a049f1.png

feb41c96fb.png

So give him some cheers, he deserves it. Also any reply from me as well as @nimO about AgriCraft should be considered as true statements.

-ADDED: Hand Rake tool which, when enabled, is the only thing that can remove weeds
-ADDED: A config option to change the maximum stat cap on crops
-ADDED: A config option to divide the stats on a newly mutated crops
-ADDED: A config option to let the cactus crop produce cactus blocks instead of cactus green
-ADDED: Villagers for the greenhouse (@Elec332)
-ADDED: MineTweaker3 support for changing growth requirements
-ADDED: Canadian French translations (DragonsLover)
-CHANGE: The background of the seed portrait in the journal is now the required soil
-CHANGE: You can now specify any block as a specific soil for custom crops
-CHANGE: Adding cross-crop sticks won't clear weeds anymore
-CHANGE: Overhauled the way mutation requirements work: instead of setting specific requirements for mutations, you now have to set specific requirements for growing.
-CHANGE: The requirement for a mutation to happen is the same as for growing: A plant can only mutate if it can grow there
-CHANGE: NEI will show the needed soil and required base block (if any) for mutations
-FIXED: Sprinklers no longer hate railcraft hidden blocks
-FIXED: Moved Botania crops to post init to possibly fix the crops not dropping petals
-FIXED: Nether wart not being recognised as a valid seed (Marcin212)
-FIXED: Sprinkler not stopping when water in the channel above ran out
-FIXED: Waila not showing accurate fluid levels for channel, tank and valve

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
seeds just doesnt plant on crops
Then you must speak to the dev of food+ and tell him to make his seeds extend ItemSeeds instead of just implementing IPlantable. And if he tells you that you need to tell me that I should just support IPlantable, tell him that I have reasons that I only want to support specific IPlantables, namely ItemSeeds.

Reactions: Elec332