[1.7.10] AgriCraft

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
Then you must speak to the dev of food+ and tell him to make his seeds extend ItemSeeds instead of just implementing IPlantable. And if he tells you that you need to tell me that I should just support IPlantable, tell him that I have reasons that I only want to support specific IPlantables, namely ItemSeeds.
... This might be easier if the two of you actually had a conversation instead of going through some random person. Just saying.

kysoto

Jul 29, 2019
just upgraded to the 1.3 alpha. when i was trying to grow copies of seeds, ie just the seed and one spread slot with no other seeds near it, it was cutting the seeds stats in half. i saw a cfg option for mutating, but does attempting to copy your 10-10-10 seeds count as mutation?

jaquadro

Jul 29, 2019
I left a note in your issue on Garden Stuff integration. I think it requires work on both sides so I'd like to work with you on that. Without knowing the precise direction you're taking growth mechanics though, the direction of that is largely in your court.

Reactions: InfinityRaider

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
just upgraded to the 1.3 alpha. when i was trying to grow copies of seeds, ie just the seed and one spread slot with no other seeds near it, it was cutting the seeds stats in half. i saw a cfg option for mutating, but does attempting to copy your 10-10-10 seeds count as mutation?
Yes, I added that on mutation the stats are divided, this is to nerf people getting 2 10/10/10 seeds from the first seeds and then just mutating with those two. There seems to be a bug where sometimes it thinks it mutated while it didn't. Thanks for reporting

I left a note in your issue on Garden Stuff integration. I think it requires work on both sides so I'd like to work with you on that. Without knowing the precise direction you're taking growth mechanics though, the direction of that is largely in your court.
Thank you, I would prefer to take the conversation to GitHub

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
@InfinityRaider I am getting reports from my testers that AgriCraft has a default crop for growing aluminum, but even regening the mutation configs I don't seem to be able to enable an aluminum crop. Is there a crop already or do I need to make one? Either or is fine, just want to know if i am missing something.

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
@InfinityRaider I am getting reports from my testers that AgriCraft has a default crop for growing aluminum, but even regening the mutation configs I don't seem to be able to enable an aluminum crop. Is there a crop already or do I need to make one? Either or is fine, just want to know if i am missing something.
Do you have a mod that adds aluminum ore in the pack?

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have a mod that adds aluminum ore in the pack?

Yes. Tinker's Construct. adds oreAluminum/oreAluminium ... if its going by ore dictionary, this would not be the first time TiCon's insistence on registering aluminum as both aluminum and aluminium messed up mod compat.

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Yes. Tinker's Construct. adds oreAluminum/oreAluminium ... if its going by ore dictionary, this would not be the first time TiCon's insistence on registering aluminum as both aluminum and aluminium messed up mod compat.
I don't think that's the issue though. I'm suspecting it registers it too late, I will have a look at TCon code to see when they register their stuff to the ore dictionary.

EDIT: they seem to do it in init rather then in pre-init (where they should be doing it). This will mean I either have to move the resource crops to post init, or they register their ores in pre-init, which would be the better option. Register it as early as possible should be the convention really.

Last edited:

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think that's the issue though. I'm suspecting it registers it too late, I will have a look at TCon code to see when they register their stuff to the ore dictionary.

EDIT: they seem to do it in init rather then in pre-init (where they should be doing it). This will mean I either have to move the resource crops to post init, or they register their ores in pre-init, which would be the better option. Register it as early as possible should be the convention really.

Possible to just add config options to turn on modded ores? Like cobalt/aluminum/ardite/tin etc?

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Possible to just add config options to turn on modded ores? Like cobalt/aluminum/ardite/tin etc?
I rely on the blocks and the nuggets, I check the ore dictionary if they are there, if there is an ore but not a nugget, I add the nugget myself, if there is no ore, I add nothing. I'd rather not "force" things with configs. I'll make an issue on the TConstruct GitHub and see what they have to say about this.

Reactions: SynfulChaot

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
I rely on the blocks and the nuggets, I check the ore dictionary if they are there, if there is an ore but not a nugget, I add the nugget myself, if there is no ore, I add nothing. I'd rather not "force" things with configs. I'll make an issue on the TConstruct GitHub and see what they have to say about this.

Makes sense.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
@InfinityRaider Could you give an example of the code for soils, and etc,
add(<minecraft:dirt:2>); is what: add(IItemStack soil) would appear to be... except it doesn't work, neither does add(<minecraft:dirt:2>, soil); or add(<minecraft:dirt:2> soil);

Minetweaker has very specific normal formatting, and none of them seem to work for anything except the mutations.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Why do I get the feeling Jaded is working on a modpack, possibly magic farm...

-----------------------------------------------
Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Because she is she already said that she has plans for magic farm with this mod

send from a thing

That's news! I obviously don't spend enough time here

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
@InfinityRaider Could you give an example of the code for soils, and etc,
add(<minecraft:dirt:2>); is what: add(IItemStack soil) would appear to be... except it doesn't work, neither does add(<minecraft:dirt:2>, soil); or add(<minecraft:dirt:2> soil);

Minetweaker has very specific normal formatting, and none of them seem to work for anything except the mutations.

What version of AgriCraft?

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, I see... Can't wait to see what happens I have already been surprised by what this mod can do