Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

Axylxys

Jul 29, 2019
And another question today (thanks for the answers by the way), what about the multiplayer aspect ? We're struggling a bit with the casting table and can't figure what is linked to each player, so far it seems the casting table is linked but the structure of the casting room as well while it wasn't expected. Is there a way to share some of the structures between two players with roughly the same advancement, or should we plan to build two separate structures and two energy networks as well ?

Also, though i feel stupid for asking that one, how does the debug mode work ? I set it to true in the DragonAPI config (even on server side as well), but can't bring it up in game (i tried tab and various hotkeys after making sure there was no conflict). It's even more frustrating as i remember the debug mode to be turned on when i made the modpack (and i had no idea what it was) but i can't remember how it showed up.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
And another question today (thanks for the answers by the way), what about the multiplayer aspect ? We're struggling a bit with the casting table and can't figure what is linked to each player, so far it seems the casting table is linked but the structure of the casting room as well while it wasn't expected. Is there a way to share some of the structures between two players with roughly the same advancement, or should we plan to build two separate structures and two energy networks as well ?
The only things explicitly tied to a player as far as functionality is concerned are the recipe tables like the Casting and Ritual tables. One thing you can do to "share" such a block is break it and have the new user place it, but be warned that before v4 this will cause it to lose all energy and progress.

Also, though i feel stupid for asking that one, how does the debug mode work ? I set it to true in the DragonAPI config (even on server side as well), but can't bring it up in game (i tried tab and various hotkeys after making sure there was no conflict). It's even more frustrating as i remember the debug mode to be turned on when i made the modpack (and i had no idea what it was) but i can't remember how it showed up.
Look at any block with a TileEntity and hold <Tab>. The NBT data is printed down the left half the screen.

Axylxys

Jul 29, 2019
Any mod that could interfere with the debug mode maybe, or some known compatibility issue ? Tab doesn't show anything, i even made sure it had no conflicting hotkey. o_O

Zandorum

Jul 29, 2019
Keep in mind v4 adds major worldgen.
Any ETA on that not trying to rush you or anything (Note: I am not asking for anything specific you could say within the next two months and I'd be happy). I'm just holding off my Survival World for v4 because of that reason.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I guess this is the ETA:
BrOhzcv.png

SourC00lguy

Jul 29, 2019
So ecstatic to play with the v4 changes. May I make one suggestion? Would it be possible to do a download link for a zip of all your mods. Then we could pick and choose those we don't want out. Just a suggestion, thank you very much though for all the work :-D

Geekman9097

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if this should be on the other forum, but it applies to CC as well.
Reika, whenever I try to install your mods, if they're not the first thing I add to the modpack, it won't boot minecraft. I'm on a macbook air, mid 2013 if that matters.
Am I doing something wrong?

SourC00lguy

Jul 29, 2019
Your right, I just thought it would be convenient to have all at once since people normally get many of his mods at the same time. It would make it one link to click instead of 5-6.

Zandorum

Jul 29, 2019
Can you add the ability to change the rarity of Rainbow Forests, I play a pretty vanilla biome world and they are spawning at an extremely high rate. Obviously since you dislike the idea of the biome being turned off you could make it crash if anyone puts its rarity to 0. I just need to lower it to 2 or something because It's almost every other other biome I encounter; It also seems to be the most common biome for the game to spawn me in (when I create a new world).

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Can you add the ability to change the rarity of Rainbow Forests, I play a pretty vanilla biome world and they are spawning at an extremely high rate. Obviously since you dislike the idea of the biome being turned off you could make it crash if anyone puts its rarity to 0. I just need to lower it to 2 or something because It's almost every other other biome I encounter; It also seems to be the most common biome for the game to spawn me in (when I create a new world).
Its weighting value is 6, which is lower than most other biomes, including vanilla.

Zandorum

Jul 29, 2019
Its weighting value is 6, which is lower than most other biomes, including vanilla.
Problem is that, that's still high. The biome is usually as large as a jungle biome and the benefits of the biome make it even more reason for it to be rarer (although this is not my reason for wanting this config option). The biome itself has a mass amount of color (as it should) but because of that; If it's so close to normal biome rarity it ruins that majesty of nature with its in your face color scheme. I less want the rarity for balance reasons, more for aesthetic reasons. I personally think I find them waaay too often and It ruins the flow of the world for me, I'd like to drop it's weight down to 2 so it's harder to find but it's never too far out of reach and like I said, the biome is usually huge so you don't have to be worried about this choking the resources for the mod.