Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

Zandorum

Jul 29, 2019
After looking for roughly an hour and a half I have not found any Ocean Dungeons, I believe Mariculture is stopping them from generating (I was using Nightvision to see through the water, flying in creative mode and using a Globetrotter's Sash from Botania to move fast while flying).

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
After looking for roughly an hour and a half I have not found any Ocean Dungeons, I believe Mariculture is stopping them from generating (I was using Nightvision to see through the water, flying in creative mode and using a Globetrotter's Sash from Botania to move fast while flying).
They are rare.

frogfigther

Jul 29, 2019
Probaby not mariculture doing it. Reika nerfed the spawning of themby quite a lot(dont get me wrong it was needed). and as a result, they are nearly impossible to find.

They are rare.

maybe too rare? he searched for 1,5 hours without any luck

Last edited:

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
Other than polychromatic sheep and other passive mobs, I believe that's true. It's also supposedly taintproof, in case you have creeping purple stuff nearby.

I can understand being resistant to bad magic, but not perfectly so by default. So on our hardmode server if someone settles there they may as well be playing on peaceful mode?

Is that something we could configure?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I can understand being resistant to bad magic, but not perfectly so by default. So on our hardmode server if someone settles there they may as well be playing on peaceful mode?

Is that something we could configure?
Note that vanilla Mushroom Island biomes are as resistant to hostile mobs as the Rainbow Forest. Getting one tainted seems unlikely as well, because they're... well... islands.

I'm fairly sure the anti-taint feature of the rainbow forest can be configured, but I'd be surprised if the hostile mob thing was configurable.

Edit: Ninja'd. Blarg.

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
Note that vanilla Mushroom Island biomes are as resistant to hostile mobs as the Rainbow Forest. Getting one tainted seems unlikely as well, because they're... well... islands.

I'm fairly sure the anti-taint feature of the rainbow forest can be configured, but I'd be surprised if the hostile mob thing was configurable.

Edit: Ninja'd. Blarg.

Mushroom forests are rather small and can't be expanded. I've got a couple pretty large rainbow forests on the new worldgen and something in the config file indicates you can expand them by planting rainbow trees.

It is tied into the nature of the biome.

I think I'm just surprised that I didn't see that in the changelog or the descriptions I have seen. Given the kind of hard servers I run, I'd have given serious consideration to not spawning mushroom forests because they are safe havens. So now I have a second biome that I would consider removing in worldgen because it has a significant impact on the server theme, but that's contrary to your mod license and could have an unknown impact to progression in the mod.

Thaumcraft's taint biomes by comparison are a negative biome and are configurable. Would hard mode in Chromaticraft justify the forests not being safe either?

In the interest of full disclosure, part of the reason this concerns me is that on our new server, as deadly as it is for all players involved, my wife and I have settled at the border of a magic forest (Thaumcraft) and a Rainbow forest. Both of us though it was a great spot and had quite a view. If the rainbow forest is perfectly safe against Lycanite's monsters, imagine the implied meaning of the server admin living in a safe zone. Whether I knew it or not when I settled. :p

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I think I'm just surprised that I didn't see that in the changelog or the descriptions I have seen.
They have been mob-free since the beginning of 1.6.4.

If the rainbow forest is perfectly safe against Lycanite's monsters, imagine the implied meaning of the server admin living in a safe zone. Whether I knew it or not when I settled. :p
So long as that ability is also permitted of everyone else, I do not see an issue.

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
They have been mob-free since the beginning of 1.6.4.

So long as that ability is also permitted of everyone else, I do not see an issue.

None of us should be safe. I'd suggest something like that should be configurable. Not everyone wants peaceful or creative mode. ;]

I have anecdotal evidence to suggest that Lycanite's mobs are spawning anyway, perhaps just not vanilla.

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
This might be a dumb question, but what happens when a Rotarycraft Boring Machine runs into Chromaticraft world gen such as Shielding Cloak (and anything that may be similar...I'm not that familiar with Chromaticraft at this point)? Does it choke and die, can the blocks be broken with enough torque, or does it ignore them (and potentially anything surrounded by them)?

Reactions: Zandorum

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
This might be a dumb question, but what happens when a Rotarycraft Boring Machine runs into Chromaticraft world gen such as Shielding Cloak (and anything that may be similar...I'm not that familiar with Chromaticraft at this point)? Does it choke and die, can the blocks be broken with enough torque, or does it ignore them (and potentially anything surrounded by them)?
If unbreakable, it jams.

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
Any chance CC is behind farm animals spawning in huge numbers? Is there a limit to passive spawns in the Rainbow Forest?

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
The config does this.

Code:
    I:"Rainbow Forest Animal Density"=6

6 per chunk? Do they despawn? Would this keep them loaded in chunks that should be unloaded? I'm chasing down why when a player travels I have 400+ sheep or pigs in Opis, but loaded chunks only near my players.