Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Ok I guess people can just stay under water... That will be a challenge, I wonder if I should make sponges easier to get

-----------------------------------------------
Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2
Instead of preventing them from going up by physical barriers, perhaps you could set up some kind of negative effect of being above ground? It have been a while so don't remember the mechanic exactly but something like mystcrafts scorched earth? And then when you want them to go up you give them some sort of protection against it.

Maybe the "ozone" equivalent layer is gone and the ground has been flooded in radiation? And the water is the only thing that stops the radiation(rock doesn't absorb it).

Reactions: pc_assassin

LoverIan

Jul 29, 2019
From the sound of it this sounds like a mod where you play an aquatic player character. Why not simply make it to where being on land provides suffocation, and to avoid it the player must immerse themselves in water at times, or create an Air Breathing enchanted helmet

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Instead of preventing them from going up by physical barriers, perhaps you could set up some kind of negative effect of being above ground? It have been a while so don't remember the mechanic exactly but something like mystcrafts scorched earth? And then when you want them to go up you give them some sort of protection against it.

Maybe the "ozone" equivalent layer is gone and the ground has been flooded in radiation? And the water is the only thing that stops the radiation(rock doesn't absorb it).

That's actually a really great idea cause the player will be teleported to the bottom of the ocean with the remains of the ship (got some story ideas that would explain why it survived) after the impossible object exploded, causing a release of its pent up magical energy.

Man the story is really coming along for only having this idea for a day or so...

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
From the sound of it this sounds like a mod where you play an aquatic player character. Why not simply make it to where being on land provides suffocation, and to avoid it the player must immerse themselves in water at times, or create an Air Breathing enchanted helmet

It's going to be a modpack, if I can get something to work for the above water thing atleast

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Pretty sure Morph does that when you turn into a squid. So if it was somehow possible to permanently morph the player into a squid, that could do it, but I don't think Morph alone can do it.

However, it should be possible to write such a mod. I don't know enough about modding to do it myself, though.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
does anyone know some information about ludicrite blocks from Big Reactors?
I heard they were the top tier item to use for your big reactor/turbine, but that doesn't seem to be the case for me.

in my creative world on the Infinity pack I have 2 turbines (7x7x17) running with a creative steam generator.
one turbine uses 37 blocks of enderium, the other uses 37 blocks of ludicrite, but the enderium turbine outputs about 24k RF while the ludicrite only generates around 19.5k RF

I thought the ludicrite would generate more RF but that doesn't seem to be the case for me, so I either misunderstood the purpose of ludicrite, or I did something wrong

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
does anyone know some information about ludicrite blocks from Big Reactors?
I heard they were the top tier item to use for your big reactor/turbine, but that doesn't seem to be the case for me.

in my creative world on the Infinity pack I have 2 turbines (7x7x17) running with a creative steam generator.
one turbine uses 37 blocks of enderium, the other uses 37 blocks of ludicrite, but the enderium turbine outputs about 24k RF while the ludicrite only generates around 19.5k RF

I thought the ludicrite would generate more RF but that doesn't seem to be the case for me, so I either misunderstood the purpose of ludicrite, or I did something wrong
I've seen something something 32 blocks magic number flying around in the internets.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
That's actually a really great idea cause the player will be teleported to the bottom of the ocean with the remains of the ship (got some story ideas that would explain why it survived) after the impossible object exploded, causing a release of its pent up magical energy.

Man the story is really coming along for only having this idea for a day or so...

@pc_assassin Can I just say: I love the sounds of this pack! :) Its really hard to think of an original concept, and it sounds like you've really come up with a good one!

- GwnG

Reactions: pc_assassin

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I have a question! I hope this is the right place for it, though its not THAT simple...

Has anyone created a "Wave of light" effect in a vertical direction - so for example a column of redstone lanterns with a pulse that travels up/down them on a regular basis? This is a purely aesthetic thing I'm going for, like the vertical component of the TNG warp core:

Warp core.gif

So far the only things I can think of are maybe using the vanilla vertical redstone transmission method or maybe something complicated using Rednet... does anyone have any ideas of how to/how best to accomplish this, and/or examples?

Cheers,

- GwnG

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
@pc_assassin Can I just say: I love the sounds of this pack! :) Its really hard to think of an original concept, and it sounds like you've really come up with a good one!

- GwnG

Thank you! Let's just hope I can make it into something that resembles a modpack atleast...

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I've seen something something 32 blocks magic number flying around in the internets.

googling with that information gave me this page and this page as a result.
so ludicrite appears to be more effective but it can't be used the same way as the enderium blocks.

and jackpot. I build a turbine with the size of 7x7x16, with 32 ludicrite blocks and 80 blades and I've an output of 28.5k RF. so ludicrite produces more power with a smaller size turbine, but it requires a ton more resources.

Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
googling with that information gave me this page and this page as a result.
so ludicrite appears to be more effective but it can't be used the same way as the enderium blocks.

and jackpot. I build a turbine with the size of 7x7x16, with 32 ludicrite blocks and 80 blades and I've an output of 28.5k RF. so ludicrite produces more power with a smaller size turbine, but it requires a ton more resources.
All coil materials produce different amount of drag. You need to balance this drag to number of blades and steam input. This is why you cannot just replace the enderium with ludicrite. It would not run at the proper RPM(900 or 1800).

This shows some you the differences in coil materials and the steam/blades needed(in steps of full sized coils):
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...TUxOUGxMRlpERWtPMmtGT213bmc&usp=sharing#gid=1
Does not have ludicrite however.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I have a question! I hope this is the right place for it, though its not THAT simple...

Has anyone created a "Wave of light" effect in a vertical direction - so for example a column of redstone lanterns with a pulse that travels up/down them on a regular basis? This is a purely aesthetic thing I'm going for, like the vertical component of the TNG warp core:

View attachment 14832

So far the only things I can think of are maybe using the vanilla vertical redstone transmission method or maybe something complicated using Rednet... does anyone have any ideas of how to/how best to accomplish this, and/or examples?

Cheers,

- GwnG
Simplest way of doing this is with ComputerCraft and some kind of bundled cable. But you would need a version of CC and a supplier of bundled cable(MFR, PR, RP2) that are compatible due to recent changed to the api.
You can do something simple as this:
I wrote this a while back for someone who wanted something like what you are looking for. I dont remember quite what it looks like, but I think it is a moving wave.
Code:
while true do
        redstone.setBundledOutput("back",1)
        sleep(.5)
        redstone.setBundledOutput("back",3)
        sleep(.5)
        redstone.setBundledOutput("back",7)
        sleep(.5)
        redstone.setBundledOutput("back",15)
        sleep(.5)
        redstone.setBundledOutput("back",31)
        sleep(.5)
        redstone.setBundledOutput("back",63)
        sleep(.5)
        redstone.setBundledOutput("back",127)
        sleep(.5)
        redstone.setBundledOutput("back",255)
        sleep(.5)
        redstone.setBundledOutput("back",511)
        sleep(.5)
        redstone.setBundledOutput("back",1023)
        sleep(.5)
        redstone.setBundledOutput("back",1022)
        sleep(.5)
        redstone.setBundledOutput("back",1020)
        sleep(.5)
        redstone.setBundledOutput("back",1016)
        sleep(.5)
        redstone.setBundledOutput("back",1008)
        sleep(.5)
        redstone.setBundledOutput("back",992)
        sleep(.5)
        redstone.setBundledOutput("back",960)
        sleep(.5)
        redstone.setBundledOutput("back",896)
        sleep(.5)
        redstone.setBundledOutput("back",768)
        sleep(.5)
        redstone.setBundledOutput("back",512)
        sleep(.5)
        redstone.setBundledOutput("back",0)
        sleep(.5)
end
Use this for reference for the colours: http://computercraft.info/wiki/Colors_(API)
They are simply added together in binary above.

If your pack does not have CC bundled support(like 1.6 packs with CC1.63) you can use this method to translate redstone strength signals from the computer to colour channels:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...uide-collection-etc.42664/page-24#post-840501

It is probably also possible to use the MFR Programmable Rednet Controller. It has wave functions that you might be able to use, but you would need to offset it for each vertical line somehow so you actually get a moving wave.

Lastly you can probably also build something out of RP2/Project red logic gates. But would be somewhat bulky.

Last edited:
Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Ok I am crashing every time i try to load but its not giving me a crash report. This is the console log. I cant figure it out from that log though

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Ok I am crashing every time i try to load but its not giving me a crash report. This is the console log. I cant figure it out from that log though
Hi, me! That's... a bit freaky. I thought you stole one of my logs for a moment.
Anyway: it looks like LycMobs is erroring out when CCC is trying to download a dependency for it. Possibly because it's a corrupted zip file...? Possibly you need to extract it...?

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
just going to assume Lycanites and go with that

edit: oh wait its a jar file not a zip

double edit: deleted lycanites and am redownoading. Its actually taking a while now so i might have had a bad download

Last edited:

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Simplest way of doing this is with ComputerCraft and some kind of bundled cable. But you would need a version of CC and a supplier of bundled cable(MFR, PR, RP2) that are compatible due to recent changed to the api.
You can do something simple as this:
I wrote this a while back for someone who wanted something like what you are looking for. I dont remember quite what it looks like, but I think it is a moving wave.
Code:
while true do
        redstone.setBundledOutput("back",1)
        sleep(.5)
        redstone.setBundledOutput("back",3)
        sleep(.5)
        redstone.setBundledOutput("back",7)
        sleep(.5)
        redstone.setBundledOutput("back",15)
        sleep(.5)
        redstone.setBundledOutput("back",31)
        sleep(.5)
        redstone.setBundledOutput("back",63)
        sleep(.5)
        redstone.setBundledOutput("back",127)
        sleep(.5)
        redstone.setBundledOutput("back",255)
        sleep(.5)
        redstone.setBundledOutput("back",511)
        sleep(.5)
        redstone.setBundledOutput("back",1023)
        sleep(.5)
        redstone.setBundledOutput("back",1022)
        sleep(.5)
        redstone.setBundledOutput("back",1020)
        sleep(.5)
        redstone.setBundledOutput("back",1016)
        sleep(.5)
        redstone.setBundledOutput("back",1008)
        sleep(.5)
        redstone.setBundledOutput("back",992)
        sleep(.5)
        redstone.setBundledOutput("back",960)
        sleep(.5)
        redstone.setBundledOutput("back",896)
        sleep(.5)
        redstone.setBundledOutput("back",768)
        sleep(.5)
        redstone.setBundledOutput("back",512)
        sleep(.5)
        redstone.setBundledOutput("back",0)
        sleep(.5)
end
Use this for reference for the colours: http://computercraft.info/wiki/Colors_(API)
They are simply added together in binary above.

If your pack does not have CC bundled support(like 1.6 packs with CC1.63) you can use this method to translate redstone strength signals from the computer to colour channels:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...uide-collection-etc.42664/page-24#post-840501

It is probably also possible to use the MFR Programmable Rednet Controller. It has wave functions that you might be able to use, but you would need to offset it for each vertical line somehow so you actually get a moving wave.

Lastly you can probably also build something out of RP2/Project red logic gates. But would be somewhat bulky.
Great, thanks very much for this @rhn! :) much appreciated!

- GwnG

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, me! That's... a bit freaky. I thought you stole one of my logs for a moment.
Anyway: it looks like LycMobs is erroring out when CCC is trying to download a dependency for it. Possibly because it's a corrupted zip file...? Possibly you need to extract it...?

Ok so its not lycanites or CCC i updated CCC and I took out lyc and it still refused to load or crash properly

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Lordy fraking Lou. How would I go about the decompile and recompile bits? Those take a while don't they? Witht he hex editor, where would I find one?

The changes I'd be making are minor and the resources are in the mod, I just need to change what is typed. It still owrries me if the actual transition to an editable medium would damage the code like google translating

Wait, there is? I know there are redwood forests, but it impresses me that there are actual communities that live in treehouses.
I would assume it wimpy as human engineering and a redwood city would likely consist of juvenile trees. I wonder how they've planned for the future, when the trees will be a few stories taller.

Sorry, I should've been specific... It's a normal city, just named Redwood City :D