Refugee to regent challenge pack [WIP][HQM]

cris.p.33

Jul 29, 2019
Have been following the R2R thread for awhile now, can't wait for this!!
And if you still need testers sign me up!

Senseidragon

May 26, 2013
I mined out a 3x3 chunk area to see what sort of ore distribution I might find. I think some of the values, particularly Tin, might be a bit out of whack.

I converted the ore into its block form where appropriate just to keep the numbers smaller. The numbers generated do NOT include any sort of ore-doubling (pulverizing/macerating/fortune) mechanics. Except for Redstone and Lapis, one ore pretty much equals one ingot.

9 ingots = 1 block

3 chunk x 3 chunk area, in a Savannah/Desert area:
Code:
Ore                     Blocks
Aluminum                13
Copper                  155
Ferrous                 2
Gold                    8
Iron                    100
Lead                    63
Silver                  40
Tin                     160
Redstone                100
Lapis                   17
Diamond                 2

Also mined up were 1472 Essence Dusts, which could be converted to Weak Essence, given enough Diamonds or Emeralds to do so. Although there was enough dust to potentially create just over 122 Weak Essence, the fact that only 18 diamonds were found gates the number of Weak Essences possible to 18.

While Tin is a component in several recipes, it is primarily found in Railcraft and Forestry. For users not heavily utilizing those mods, this ore is largely wasted. Invar on the other hand, is used in higher-tier recipes and is gated by the availability of Ferrous metal. The fact that only two blocks of Ferrous were mined is cause for a small bit of concern.

I can re-test in an Extreme Hills biome to see if I get better numbers for some of the ores, but this initial sampling would lead me to think that perhaps too many mods are generating Tin and Copper. The configs for Forestry and Railcraft probably need to be adjusted to turn off their ore generation and adjust CoFH worldgen to provide appropriate amounts and types of ores needed by the mods in this pack.

Edit: Fixed ugly table formatting

Senseidragon

May 26, 2013
I'm through 8 of 9 chunks in an Extreme Hills biome area, and apart from doubling the Ferrous Ore from 2 to 4 blocks mined, and the addition of finding a decent amount of Emerald Ore (expected), almost all of the other ore yields are the same as they were in the other test. IndustrialCraft 2 seems to have a high concentration of ores being generated. You may want to turn that off and let CoFH handle it.

Edit: Finished. Mined up half the number of diamonds I did earlier, but pulled out four different types of copper from the quarry. The configs could use some cleaning up in the OreGen department.

Last edited:

Senseidragon

May 26, 2013
Jabba seems to have an error in which the barrels, once placed, are invulnerable. They cannot be broken when in creative mode. This appears to occur both in v1.1.4 and in v1.2.0a.

Maybe this is a "feature" and not a bug, but it sure looks like a bug. You can break them fine when not in creative mode.

Using a "barrel hammer" makes no difference. I tried. :)

Edit: This won't be an issue for players NOT using creative mode for anything, but it is a minor nuisance to creative testers.

Edit 2: Trying to test a large multi-chunk quarry without a mass-storage system (like AE2) is challenging. Thus my use of lots of JABBA barrels.

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
Jabba seems to have an error in which the barrels, once placed, are invulnerable. They cannot be broken when in creative mode. This appears to occur both in v1.1.4 and in v1.2.0a.

Maybe this is a "feature" and not a bug, but it sure looks like a bug. You can break them fine when not in creative mode.

Using a "barrel hammer" makes no difference. I tried. :)

Edit: This won't be an issue for players NOT using creative mode for anything, but it is a minor nuisance to creative testers.

Edit 2: Trying to test a large multi-chunk quarry without a mass-storage system (like AE2) is challenging. Thus my use of lots of JABBA barrels.
It's a feature... I honestly cannot recall precisely when he added that but it was sometime in 1.7

dylanpiera

Jul 29, 2019
K, I'd like to see some quests soon. Im more a survival player and i wan't to play with the quests cause of it :)

Senseidragon

May 26, 2013
You could always read the Refugee to Regent Challenge thread and start working down the Dirt Hovel path yourself, that way you have a frame of reference to tell if @tooncool64 is keeping the quests in line with the spirit of the challenge.

Reactions: The Mobius Archives

tooncool64

Jul 29, 2019
Ok guys, the next update should be happening soon. Definitely before Monday. I might not add anymore quests until I get the pack stable and the modlist semi-complete. Although I might add more quests.
Cheers,