[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
so now after i reinstalled the pack it crashed after the mojang screen and here is the new crash report link http://pastebin.com/Sz7eDtyp

Edit: Then after that it is the same crash i had before. http://pastebin.com/QzncvYm0
so does anyone know how to keep chunks loaded in this modpack?
Already reported and updated, will be in an update this friday-ish (sometimes my updates pushed don't get sent up right away since it is now default on launcher)

And as mentioned, dimensional anchors (cheap version) or railcraft anchors (expensive version)
Hi all, In the Flaxbeard's Steam Power quests, the items needed for the first quest require a crucible and mold to make the brass. the second quest is for a crucible and a mold. the reward for the second quest is the molds that are required for the parts for the first quest. is this intended? it seems that these are in the wrong order. you make the molds for the 1st quest, and then you get the molds again. now you have two of the same thing. Thanks
I'll double check that when I get home...if it is that way, not intended

birdiegirl4444

Jul 29, 2019
Typically you use [.spoiler] [./spoiler] without the periods and the content goes between the two.

Sweet, Thanks for the quick reply will use that from now on. also, thanks for quick reply to my Flaxbeards quest post.

TheRangerX: is the fact that I cannot enter the ships in town to talk to the captains and get their items intended on the server? when it was .13 I could get into one of them, left one, but not the right one (when looking towards town) now that it is updated to .14 I cannot enter either one. If it is intended on server, that is fine just thought I would ask the question

Reactions: Vals NoisyToys

wrongcoder

Jul 29, 2019
TheRangerX: is the fact that I cannot enter the ships in town to talk to the captains and get their items intended on the server? when it was .13 I could get into one of them, left one, but not the right one (when looking towards town) now that it is updated to .14 I cannot enter either one. If it is intended on server, that is fine just thought I would ask the question

I had the same problem. I think the ships are protected, including the doors. I ended up breaking in through the deck. Ahab wasn't too happy about the hole above his head but he forgave me after I patched it up.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
So...sneakpeak on what is tentatively the final area for the content update...(depends on if I get any town submissions)

Entrance to Mount Doom
Joe2U5g.png

Inside
Z5D58tk.png

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
Oooh, very spooky. Now do we have to travel hundreds of thousands of blocks to Mount Doom or will it be a bit of a fast track? It is literally 40k blocks + to reach partway across the map of Middle Earth.

I'm pleased to see an update to the camping mod, if it fixes the render crashes. -intense stare-

eDilettante

Jul 29, 2019
I had the same problem. I think the ships are protected, including the doors. I ended up breaking in through the deck. Ahab wasn't too happy about the hole above his head but he forgave me after I patched it up.

It's an issue with spawn protection and player levels/ranks - was sorted out on the old server but on the new one we're currently all still 'guests' and can't enter either of the ships via the doors.

BerryRJ

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking of Mount Doom, I have tried to go to Dol Guldur and as soon as I try to enter into the biome, I CTD . Started trying other biome areas and have issues with Near Harad Fertile as well . It kills my save and I Have to us a backup. I did a bit of searching on Google, but my GoogleFu has failed me in this sadly. :mad: There are likely other areas, Middle-Earth is pretty big...

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Oooh, very spooky. Now do we have to travel hundreds of thousands of blocks to Mount Doom or will it be a bit of a fast track? It is literally 40k blocks + to reach partway across the map of Middle Earth.

I'm pleased to see an update to the camping mod, if it fixes the render crashes. -intense stare-
Well, the fellowship didn't get magically transported did they?
Speaking of Mount Doom, I have tried to go to Dol Guldur and as soon as I try to enter into the biome, I CTD . Started trying other biome areas and have issues with Near Harad Fertile as well . It kills my save and I Have to us a backup. I did a bit of searching on Google, but my GoogleFu has failed me in this sadly. :mad: There are likely other areas, Middle-Earth is pretty big...
One of the reasons the content update is so far off is waiting for an update to the LotR mod which is scheduled for February 1st and then time after release to test to make sure all is functional, so hopefully that will be fixed in that update. Though the crash may not specifically be the mod bt another mod causing it...we'll see.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
I had the same issue with trying to update the map and not lose everything. Had some id conflicts, but other then that, smooth transition.
ID conflicts occur if you use your old level.dat instead of the new one included with the map, the instructions mention storing everything on your person outside of generated chunks during update for this reason.

Reactions: Vals NoisyToys

cyanidearsenic

Jul 29, 2019
So, I downloaded this pack relatively recently and I'm liking it so far but I have a little problem. I can't sell stuff to any of the merchants in Draconis.
How exactly do you know what they will buy? Do they buy the stuff they sell? In the same amounts? Somewhere on here I saw someone say you just click on the coins with the items in your inventory but that doesn't do anything for me? Can you only sell to certain merchants?
Also, I've put in fastcraft and the JVM arguments but it's still really laggy. I do have a 64x sphax running but I've alloted 6.5GB to minecraft. I've not put in optifine (mostly because the pack I normally play, Resonant Rise Mainline, doesn't play well with it and dislodging my idea that it doesn't work with my game is surprisingly difficult). Does it help a lot because my frame-rate is still awful. Will it be better if I move well away from the city? (If so, is there a way to enable teleporting via waypoints without opening my game to LAN and enabling cheats? So I don't need to walk all the way back when I need to go to the city, at least until I acquire a chocobo or something.)

Editing to Add: I can't look at the non-HQM quests? The quest tab just jumps to something that shows armor only. I should have some quests, I got one from some lady in the inn to go get her boyfriend a cake and one from the king to visit some places (but I can't remember which ones and I can't find look at the quests) and buy some stuff.
Edited Once Again: I figured out how to see the quests, the armor tab and the quest tab overlay each other on the main inventory menu so switching to faction and then clicking on the quest tab from there lets you get to it.

Last edited: