What's new in modded minecraft today?

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Liz @Vazkii · Jan 17
The Magnetization Ring will no longer pull any items that can store mana.

Liz @Vazkii · Jan 17
I want to add a "Black Lotus" item that you can toss into a pool and it makes mana. It generates in chests around the world.

Liz @Vazkii · Jan 17
Considering adding a botania villager with house now, so I can make it spawn there.

Liz @Vazkii · Jan 17
The Black Lotus idea seems popular. Somebody make a sprite for it as I'm incapable of art. 16x16, item.

Liz @Vazkii · Jan 17
Prism.

Liz @Vazkii · Jan 17
This prism thing is looking neat.

Liz @Vazkii · Jan 17
If a burst hits a property lens (the 4 basic ones + the gravity one) it increases how long it can stay before losing mana. Infinite bursts!

Liz @Vazkii · Jan 17
So yes, you can have a tiny planet loop a burst over and over through prisms without needing to shoot more bursts.

Liz @Vazkii · Jan 17

Liz @Vazkii · Jan 17
Pretty simple setup, rainbow efficiency lens on a prism with a tiny planet block.

Liz @Vazkii · Jan 17
This would make for a pretty cool block, I won't lie. Might add it next release actually. https://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/2sqwu6/i_made_a_road_simple_yet_so_much_nicer_than/…

Liz @Vazkii · 8h 8 hours ago
Anybody interested in "challenge" achievements rather than progression based? Stuff like "kill a gaia guardian without armor", etc.

Liz @Vazkii · 7h 7 hours ago
By request.

Liz @Vazkii · 7h 7 hours ago
One day I'll figure out how to properly kill a stencil, for now it's a known shippable ._.

Liz @Vazkii · 6h 6 hours ago
The Brewery and Enchanter now have the progress pie the Runic Altar has. Working on a bunch of stuff for this update :D

Liz @Vazkii · 4h 4 hours ago
There's a "Void Lotus" item in the latest botania version. It'll be used later when I get to adding the hardmode gaia guardian.

Liz @Vazkii · 4h 4 hours ago
Build 152, new stuffs. http://vazkii.us/mod/Botania/changelog.php#r1-3-152…

R1.3 152
  • Added the Black Lotus, a dungeon loot consumable that can be tossed onto a Mana Pool for a boost of mana.
  • Added the Mana Prism, a new block that can change the properties of a Mana Burst on the fly.
  • Red String Spoofers will now also connect to mushrooms.
  • Shifted the Assembly Halo HUD down 10px so it fits on smaller resolution/render scales.
  • The Brewery and Enchanter now have the same progress pie as the Runic Altar.
  • The Magnet Ring will no longer pull items that can contain mana, items that are on a terrasteel plate or AE2 crystal seeds.
  • (Technical) IManaTrigger blocks with IManaCollisionGhost tile entities will still have their effect triggered. Furthermore IManaTrigger triggers for fake bursts too so that should be checked against.
  • [API] Added IManaDissolvable and IDyablePool.
  • [API] Increased version number to 29.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
new day, new update, and today it's @Azanor with Thaumcraft
Azanor said:
Thaumcraft 4.2.3.3
  • the cultist portal will now always drop its reward no matter how it is destroyed
  • added a check to prevent infinite loop with spined champion mobs attacking other entities with thorns
  • dowsing on the excavation focus will now add the native clusters ability to the arcane bore
various bugfixes

and @Lunatrius with InGame Info XML
Lunatrius said:
InGame Info XML 2.8.1.70
  • Fixed the 'mouseoverpowerweak' tag showing wrong values

and @LatvianModder with LatBlocks
LatvianModder said:
LatBlocks 1.6.5
  • Added Glowium Blocks (5 types, 16 colors of each), LatTanks & LatBlocks Hammer

and @SgtPunishment with Soul Shards: The Old Ways
SgtPunishment said:
Soul Shards: The Old Ways RC6
Reverted Soul Forge smelting to original concept (Default 10:30 minutes:seconds), added configuration options for smelting time, shard amount, nugget amount, changed some default values to be less op, fixed an issue with killing mobs.

and @OndraSter with Better Sleeping
OndraSter said:
Better Sleeping 0.1.0-4
  • Initial public alpha release

and @Tradeworld with Mine Trading Cards
Tradeworld said:
Mine Trading Cards 1.5B
  • Complete code rewritting
  • Changes in custom editions integrations
  • Corrected binder derps on servers (they should works now)
  • Added villager
  • Editions booster is live now
  • Add incompatibility with previous versions

and @DenBukki with Baublelicious
DenBukki said:
Baublelicious 1.0.7
  • fixed dupe bug

and @pixlepix with Aura Cascade
pixlepix said:
Aura Cascade 139
  • Minor language changes
  • Corrected Red Aura encyclopedia entry
  • Prevented angelsteel tools of higher degrees from showing up in tools tab
  • Fixed fairy rendering issues
  • Fixed crash with redstone or illumination pumps

and @Davenonymous with Compact Machines
Davenonymous said:
Compact Machines 1.15
  • Player rotation is now being saved when setting a spawnpoint
  • Fixed item duping issue
  • Fixed AE2 spamming the console in some cases
  • Fixed another crash when mekanism is not installed

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
[Has anyone bin keeping track of this vanilla mod I keep hearing about.]
Nathan Adams @Dinnerbone · 8h 8 hours ago
19_14-32-30_OblsU19cfA.png

This may not seem like anything significant, but trust me, it is.

[I say to you. RUN! For the love of the backwards DOG RUN!! Why are you still reading this I said RUN!!!]
[Also these things.]

Nathan Adams @Dinnerbone · 11h 11 hours ago
So many textures. I do not like making textures. :D

Nathan Adams @Dinnerbone · 9h 9 hours ago
Most impressive textures ever. A++ would retexture again.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I ... do not understand what this news item is about :\

Mojang is adding new things.
Something that requires a lot of textures.
And have added a system that allows for multiple boss bars and a timer indication.
One of the issues with mods adding multiple bosses is that there hp bars twitch back and forth depending on where you are looking. This will allow you to fight multiple bosses at once. And encourage mod and map makers to make that happen.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
And have added a system that allows for multiple boss bars and a timer indication.
One of the issues with mods adding multiple bosses is that there hp bars twitch back and forth depending on where you are looking. This will allow you to fight multiple bosses at once. And encourage mod and map makers to make that happen.
:) Thanks, I really had no idea!

Reactions: 1SDAN and CoolSquid

Chaka

FTB Team
Mod Developer
Retired Staff
Dec 24, 2013
New Jersey
My dream just came true! A End game boss fight with lots of bosses is coming soon to ALL of my mods!

Reactions: 1SDAN and CoolSquid

FyberOptic

Jul 29, 2019
I finally got around to updating Endermanage to 1.7.10. That's the mod I wrote originally for Eyamaz to do terrible things to you with, but there ended up being some conflict with another mod at the time and he couldn't use it. Due to Forge hooks added in 1.7, that shouldn't be a problem anymore.

If you thought Endermen were bad before, wait until they pick up your furnaces and chests.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Just released a new version of RFTools (2.15). The two major things are the biome controllers and some auto-crafter fixes:

2.15:
  • Added a new biome controller feature. With biome controllers you can control what type of biomes are going to be selected for your world. There are biome controllers like 'cold', 'magic', 'forest', 'wet', and so on. These take no biome dimlets as modifier (in fact the biome dimlets that you give will be ignored). A few biome controllers like 'checkerboard', 'single', and 'filtered' take biomes as parameters. If you supply too few biomes then random biomes will be generated. If you supply too many then these will simply be ignored.
  • Slight improvement of the dimensional shard texture.
  • Reduced contrast in all the bottom-right textures of all dimlets so that it is easier to read the amount of the stack (i.e. in AE for example, it was hard to see how many dimlets were in a stack).
  • Fixed the crafter so that it now also correctly outputs secondary items (like buckets) in case a crafting recipe has more outputs.
  • Fixed a bug with the crafter where a crafting result would be placed in the output buffer even if there was not enough room for all of the result (but there was room for part of the result). Some of the crafting output would be lost in that case.
Mediafire download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/72qzy2gktrw44g1/rftools-2.15.jar
Curse: http://www.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/224641-rftools

Have fun!

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
new day, new update, and today it's @tterrag1098 with Ender IO
tterrag1098 said:
Ender IO 2.2.7.325
New
  • IO labels on capacitor banks can now be expanded to any square size, no longer limited to one face (MatthiasM2)
  • Add chargeable item filter, allows RF containing items to be filtered based on their fullness (MatthiasM2)
  • Add blacklist option for ender fluid conduits (MatthiasM2)
Changes
  • #1549 All appropriate blocks are now mined faster with a pickaxe
  • DS Armor solar upgrade can now charge other mods' armors (configurable)
  • Clean up all button/widget textures (RandomGenius)
  • Add some more default whitelisted hoes (MatthiasM2)
  • Added some more ExN recipes for the SAG Mill (MatthiasM2)
  • Update Russian translation (Adaptivity)
  • Update Chinese translation (mymagadsl)
  • Add warning comment to all XML files
  • Killer Joe now needs line-of-sight to hit mobs (configurable) (hilburn)
  • Change default vanilla SAG Mill recipes to use oredict (LordBlackhole)
  • Conduit facades painted as fused quartz/quite clear glass will have connected textures (MatthiasM2)
  • Capacitor Banks will stack in more cases, "NONE" face mode no longer saves to NBT (MatthiasM2)
  • Allow configuration of XP juice ID, uses OpenBlocks' value by default (MatthiasM2)
  • Wither skeleton is now a unique entity, this should allow powered spawners to spawn them in the overworld, and fix a host of other similar issues in other mods. Configurable. (hilburn)
  • Added recipes for Lumium and Signalum to default XML (MatthiasM2)
  • Show mob name in soul vial tooltip (MatthiasM2)
  • Allow naming of soul vials (MatthiasM2)
  • Show moo fluid name in soul vial tooltip (MatthiasM2)
  • Show mob health in soul vial tooltips (MatthiasM2)
  • Show sheep color in soul vial tooltips (MatthiasM2)
  • Add soul bound enchantment description (MatthiasM2)
  • Implement IInventoryConnection on item conduits. Should improve compatibility with TE (hilburn)
  • #1458 Add button to merge inventory with existing snapshot in the existing item filter (MatthiasM2)
  • Right clicking while sneaking with an existing item filter will add the content to the snapshot (MatthiasM2)
  • Fluid conduits will now show their information in WAILA (MatthiasM2)
  • Add detailed tooltips to fuel items while inside the Stirling Generator GUI (MatthiasM2)
  • Process IMC from mods that send them in Post-Init (Parker8283)
  • Show upgrade information in Stirling Generator GUI (MatthiasM2)
  • Localized recipe names and keybind names (Adaptivity)
Bugs
  • Fix power monitor reading int values where it saved long values
  • #1556 Fix farming station allowing 2 of the same kind of tool in the inventory
  • Fix disabled mode not being accessible when a capacitor bank was against a generator
  • #1548 Fix wireless charger redstone control not affecting wireless lights
  • Fix farming station not accepting wooden axes (hilburn)
  • Fix farming station allowing broken Tcon tools to be used (hilburn)
  • Prevent crash when XP juice could not be found (MatthiasM2)
  • #1595 Fix all buffers showing as Item Buffer in WAILA
  • #1600 Travel Anchor crashes when painted as itself
  • Fix fluid containers not being drained when the top side is configured for push (MatthiasM2)
  • #1607 Fix farm damaging some items incorrectly
  • #1433 Fix crash when Mekanism cable broken while next to capacitor bank (MatthiasM2)
  • #1627 Fix not being able to extract from an unconfigured side on buffers (MatthiasM2)
  • Fix Stirling Generator not pushing out empty buckets (MatthiasM2)
  • Fix soul binder caching IIcons and rendering incorrectly after texture restitch
  • Fixed author list in mcmod.info (Adaptivity)
  • Fixed ExU colored blocks not rendering properly in facades (MatthiasM2)
  • Fixed light calculation of painted slabs to match vanilla (MatthiasM2)
  • #1673 Fix grinding ball percentage tooltip being invalid sometimes (MatthiasM2)
  • #1655 Fix conduit probe not copying redstone mode of fluid conduits (MatthiasM2)
  • #1609 Fix buffer buttons having incorrect tooltips (MatthiasM2)
  • #1701 Bucket interaction on tanks no longer takes side configuration into account (MatthiasM2)
  • Fix fused quartz/quite clear glass sides not rendering when they are occluded by different types of the same block
  • #1640 Fix soulbound having ridiculous values for enchantability
  • #1643 Fix Ender Rail breaking instantly

and @coolAlias with Zelda Sword Skills
coolAlias said:
Zelda Sword Skills 0.2.1
Added:
  • Official manual is now included in the .jar file; latest versions can always be found online
Changed:
  • Fire resistance has a chance to extinguish 'burning' state once no longer in fire source
  • Fixed Bugs:
  • Hurt animation playing even when 100% immune to a particular type of damage (e.g. fire)
  • Achievement line starting with crafting the Fairy Ocarina unregistered as stats, thus not being saved
  • Hardcore mode hearts reset after player death until next login
  • Possible null pointer exception in Spin Attack's onUpdate method
  • Nocking an arrow set the player's borrowed mask rather than nocked arrow
  • Leaping Blow becomes stuck in the 'active' state when leaping into a liquid
Updated ZSS Manual:
  • Added information on obtaining the Mirror Shield

and @Guichaguri with a new mod PvPTime
Guichaguri said:
PvPTime was originally a Bukkit plugin and now it's a Forge mod.
Features

Configurable hours when PvP is enabled or disabled per dimension.
Can be disabled in certain dimensions.
Can broadcast PvP time on/off.
Custom colors and message in broadcast.
More features coming soon!

FAQ

Q: It's not working, PvP is disabled during night
A: This mod requires pvp=true in server.properties, so make sure pvp is on before complaining that is not working.

Q: Can I include this mod in my modpack?
A: You may include this mod in a modpack, if I am credited (Guichaguri). If you also include a link for this page would be awesome.

Q: Do I need to include this mod in the client?
A: No, PvPTime is a server-side only, but if you want it working with LAN...

and @Binnie567 with Binnie's Mods
Binnie567 said:
Binnie's Mods 2.0-pre5
  • Added Alveary Transmission (http://binnie.mods.wiki/wiki/Alveary_Transmission)
  • Added mutation for Dwarf Hazel
  • Fixed NPE in localisation (#139)
  • Altered tooltip for Glassworker to reflect materials (#143)
  • Fixed crash with unstable Forestry build (#135)
  • Fixed crash due to recipe for removed block (#53)
  • Added alternative iron trowel recipe if Chisel is present (#44)
  • Fixed frame housing losing content on world load (#40)

and @jaquadro with Garden Stuff
jaquadro said:
Garden Stuff 1.2.2
  • Fixed render bug where some single-height plants would render as double-height.
  • Added "Dirty Clay Stamp", which will appear in dungeons in place of normal stamps. Wash them in a cauldron to get an assigned pattern.

Lunatrius said:
InGame Info XML 2.8.1.72
  • Updated to 1.8
  • Removed the 'invulnerable' tag

SgtPunishment said:
Soul Shards: The Old Ways RC6-B
  • Fixed Exploit using an autonomous activator from thermal expansion to level up a soul shard

and @Lunatrius with Stackie
Lunatrius said:
Stackie 1.5.1.31
  • Updated to 1.8

and @GuyRunningSouth with Sliced
GuyRunningSouth said:
Sliced 1.01
  • Fixed creative tab localization; non-gameplay related internal cleanup.

and @Tmtravlr with Loot++
Tmtravlr said:
Loot++ 0.8
  • Fixed bow rendering in multiplayer
  • Tweaked a few things about how items give you potion effects
  • A bunch of other little fixes

and @Charsmud with TimeTraveler
Charsmud said:
TimeTraveler 1.2
Added:
  • Time Marker
  • Time Distorter
  • Slow Armor

and @Vazkii with Botania
Vazkii said:
Botania R1.3 153
  • Fixed the Terra Shatterer being able to break bedrock and other unbreakable blocks.

and @Emmanian with Placeable Items
Emmanian said:
Placeable Items b2
  • Added all kinds of buckets (interactive)

and @MrComputerGhost with Runic Dungeons
MrComputerGhost said:
Runic Dungeons v0.9
Added:
  • WitherBoss Room
  • Rider [WIP]
  • Config Options
  • Recipe for Chiseled Stone Bricks
Fixed:
  • Minor Bugs

and @Lunatrius with Schematica
Lunatrius said:
Schematica 1.7.5.111
  • Fixed the tooltip ignoring the 'enabled' config value

and @crackedEgg with CrackedZombie
crackedEgg said:
CrackedZombie 3.1.1
  • Added an option to start the game with a randomly chosen sword type, diamond, steel, etc. This is a config option. Also added and option to enchant the sword given to the player. The default is not to give the sword. Note that a sword is only given if the player currently has no sword in inventory. Thanks to duckziller for the suggestion.

and @Hennamann with BlastCraft
Hennamann said:
BlastCraft 1.6.3
  • Blastproof blocks are now wither-proof, removed unused code for quicker loading times.
  • This will be the last 1.7 version as i am moving on to 1.8 for future updates.

and @crackedEgg with Parachute Mod
crackedEgg said:
Parachute Mod 3.1.1
  • Added an altitude display. Altitude can be height above the water level (MSL) or height above the ground. Added config options for this.

and @Mamiya0taru with VoxelMap
Mamiya0taru said:
VoxelMap 1.8
on disk storage of visited regions cut in half. Memory usage of the same cut to a fourth.

http://chattypics.com/files/diskUsage_px5xg51tt9.png
http://chattypics.com/files/memoryUsage_wj1g916zuu.png

and @warlordjones with SteamCraft 2
warlordjones said:
SteamCraft 2 B3.5b
  • Comply with API changes in Boilerplate 3.0.5b

and an announcement from @iChun for It Fell From The Sky
iChun said:
Hey guys,

Just wanna let you know that my 4th ModJam mod, It Fell From The Sky (IFFTS) will no longer be updated to the latest Minecraft version.

Reasons for this are mainly because IFFTS was mainly an experiment for Morph’s planned meteorite strike. This doesn’t mean that it’ll be coming any sooner, it’s just to say that I won’t be updating it to MC 1.8 and later.

For those of you who will miss the Compressed Porkchop block introduced in IFFTS, I will be moving it to iChunUtil in 1.8, configurable (enabled by default). The source code for the mod can be found here. Other than that, it’s time to say goodbye to Pigzilla.

Why discontinue the mod? If you guys didn’t know, I have a lot of mods and many more in planning/unannounced. While it’s fun to make mods, maintenance for them can take a lot of time, which can be very hard to come by sometimes. The less mods I have to maintain, the more time I can spend on adding to/improving existing mods. I’m sure you guys miss PortalGun and Gravity Gun, I miss having time to work on them too. That, and I’ve got at least 1 unannounced mod planned for the time being, so look forward to that in the future as well.

So long Pigzilla, many thanks for all the laughs and for what you’ve taught me.

Cheers,
iChun.

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
new day, new update, and today it's @tterrag1098 with Ender IO

and @coolAlias with Zelda Sword Skills

and @Guichaguri with a new mod PvPTime

and @Binnie567 with Binnie's Mods

and @jaquadro with Garden Stuff

and @Lunatrius with Stackie

and @GuyRunningSouth with Sliced

and @Tmtravlr with Loot++

and @Charsmud with TimeTraveler

and @Vazkii with Botania

and @Emmanian with Placeable Items

and @MrComputerGhost with Runic Dungeons

and @Lunatrius with Schematica

and @crackedEgg with CrackedZombie

and @Hennamann with BlastCraft

and @crackedEgg with Parachute Mod

and @Mamiya0taru with VoxelMap

and @warlordjones with SteamCraft 2

and an announcement from @iChun for It Fell From The Sky
My goodness, how long did that take you?

Reactions: Yusunoha and 1SDAN

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
My goodness, how long did that take you?

quite some time xD
I've recently changed the way how I look for updates by looking at the curseforge recently updated page for most mods instead of individual curseforge pages, but that results in quite a few updates each day
still have to get used to doing it like that, so future updates probably won't be as long as this one

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
quite some time xD
I've recently changed the way how I look for updates by looking at the curseforge recently updated page for most mods instead of individual curseforge pages, but that results in quite a few updates each day
still have to get used to doing it like that, so future updates probably won't be as long as this one
Does your family know you quit your job so you could find and post minecraft modding updates?