[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Sahid

Jul 29, 2019
The weird thing is, I built a "dark room" spawner 25-30 blocks away from the room I am farming in, but the mobs never spawn there; not a single one (although all the caves are lit up and no mobs on the surface). Yet when I wander off from my base a mob somehow spawns in my completely lit up base. The dark room spawner has all red x's on all squares, and 3 blocks tall, so mobs should sawn there like crazy when I step 25-30 blocks away, but they do not even after waiting several minutes. What am I missing on this?

TimidAbi

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to install the pack; but when it loads I am getting a vanilla game. How can I fix this?

Sahid

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to install the pack; but when it loads I am getting a vanilla game. How can I fix this?

This is most likely because you did not have a previous version of this mudpack installed, and the new 0.5.3 does not download from the launcher, so it just downloads the vanilla part, but not the mods. I have 0.5.1 and when I hit update to 0.5.3, it launches the 0.5.1, so I looked through the launcher console and it said there:

Error while downloading modpack: java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://losangeles1.creeperrepo.net/FTB2/privatepacks/Regrowth/0_5_3/Regrowth.zip

Therefore, if you had no previous version of this mudpack installed, you will only get vanilla. Someone needs to fix this update not downloading problem.

Sahid

Jul 29, 2019
Two questions:

1) How long does it take for the Iron seed to create? I put all the required ingredients in the altar, clicked it with the wand, the lightning started the little progress circle around an image of an iron seed has completed its course, but no seed ever materialized, just the ingredients keep moving around the circle and lightning effects. The mana is sufficient.

2) There is no smeltery here??? There are no recipes for grout, and the only way to make seared bricks other than out of grout I pouring it out of a smeltery, which you apparently cannot make...

Thanks in advance.

TimidAbi

Jul 29, 2019
This is most likely because you did not have a previous version of this mudpack installed, and the new 0.5.3 does not download from the launcher, so it just downloads the vanilla part, but not the mods. I have 0.5.1 and when I hit update to 0.5.3, it launches the 0.5.1, so I looked through the launcher console and it said there:

Error while downloading modpack: java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://losangeles1.creeperrepo.net/FTB2/privatepacks/Regrowth/0_5_3/Regrowth.zip

Therefore, if you had no previous version of this mudpack installed, you will only get vanilla. Someone needs to fix this update not downloading problem.

Bummer, thanks though! I can't wait to try it out!

TimidAbi

Jul 29, 2019
1) How long does it take for the Iron seed to create? I put all the required ingredients in the altar, clicked it with the wand, the lightning started the little progress circle around an image of an iron seed has completed its course, but no seed ever materialized, just the ingredients keep moving around the circle and lightning effects. The mana is sufficient.

Did you drop a living stone on the alter then click it with your wand? It usually needs one to complete rituals.

Sahid

Jul 29, 2019
Did you drop a living stone on the alter then click it with your wand? It usually needs one to complete rituals.

I thought living stone only for runes? I did not throw a living stone on it though. Have tried a seed however. When I watched Direwolf20's spotlight on Botania, he showed that at the end you simply right click with the wand to pic up completed stuff.

Sahid

Jul 29, 2019
I followed the link thephoenixlodge provided for the 0.5.3 update to be downloaded manually, since the launcher can't install the update, but once I replaced my 0.5.1 minecraft folder with the one included in the zip - only launches vanilla now :( Shame that there seems to be no responses on any of these questions since yesterday also. I was beginning to somewhat enjoy the pack, despite its quirks.

Spacecowboy

Jul 29, 2019
I thought living stone only for runes? I did not throw a living stone on it though. Have tried a seed however. When I watched Direwolf20's spotlight on Botania, he showed that at the end you simply right click with the wand to pic up completed stuff.
While you might think that a living stone wouldn't be needed, every recipe that I can think of needs one... even making eggs required me to toss a Living Stone onto the altar to finish it up. Also, remember that a lot of recipes were changed and altered for this modpack, and in general for most modpacks with changed recipes, so while a spotlight will help you learn the mod, chances are no modpack is quite the same even with the same mod.

And the issues with the launcher only downloading Vanilla MC are typically an issue on the FTB end of things. Best I can tell you is to keep your save and put your old files back in place. Typically it resolves within 2-3 days at most, though. It was an issue Crash Landing went through for a few days, think it took that one 3 days to resolve itself? Can't think of any others off the top of my head though.

Sahid

Jul 29, 2019
While you might think that a living stone wouldn't be needed, every recipe that I can think of needs one... even making eggs required me to toss a Living Stone onto the altar to finish it up. Also, remember that a lot of recipes were changed and altered for this modpack, and in general for most modpacks with changed recipes, so while a spotlight will help you learn the mod, chances are no modpack is quite the same even with the same mod.

And the issues with the launcher only downloading Vanilla MC are typically an issue on the FTB end of things. Best I can tell you is to keep your save and put your old files back in place. Typically it resolves within 2-3 days at most, though. It was an issue Crash Landing went through for a few days, think it took that one 3 days to resolve itself? Can't think of any others off the top of my head though.

The problem with the FTB launcher not being able to download the update is one thing, what I said is I downloaded the update directly from the link that the mod author has provided on last page of this thread. And that launches only vanilla.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
I followed the link thephoenixlodge provided for the 0.5.3 update to be downloaded manually, since the launcher can't install the update, but once I replaced my 0.5.1 minecraft folder with the one included in the zip - only launches vanilla now :( Shame that there seems to be no responses on any of these questions since yesterday also. I was beginning to somewhat enjoy the pack, despite its quirks.
0.5.2 works as a download from the launcher, and 0.5.3 IS just a reupload of 0.5.2. Using the link I provided does require a bit of know-how to install properly, its there as a mirror for those who know what they're doing, but again, selecting 0.5.2 on the launcher works.
All Runic Altar recipes require a piece of livingrock, its just the way the altar works.

As for the smeltery, you'll get to it. I just moved it a bit further back in the game is all. To make it you need to melt down cobble in a crucible furnace from mariculture

lucas6921a

Jul 29, 2019
I started playing this modpack yesterday, and I believe I got pretty far. I am almost at a 10,10,10 essence seed :D I trapped the chicken from the chicken jockey only to find out it despawned q.q forever alone. I raged so much at my computer because of the repeatable essence quest page...it brought me down to 5 fps lol. Great modpack so far, can't wait for more :D Btw if you are getting the vanilla minecraft glitch just download 0.5.2

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Could use a map mod at least as a default. Everything looks the same and it's easy to get lost. Antique atlas could fit well. Though it will have to be given as a quest option as it's most needed early game and the resources needed to make it will take a long time to get in this pack.

lbjodom

Jul 29, 2019
Could use a map mod at least as a default. Everything looks the same and it's easy to get lost. Antique atlas could fit well. Though it will have to be given as a quest option as it's most needed early game and the resources needed to make it will take a long time to get in this pack.
there is a mapping quest kinda early.

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
No one uses the bibliocraft mapping for some reason and it's very nice, especially when you make an atlas to put the maps in.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
there is a mapping quest kinda early.
No one uses the bibliocraft mapping for some reason and it's very nice, especially when you make an atlas to put the maps in.

Not early enough and not good enough. I lost my home base while out looking for grass to cut down. Witch is one of the only times you need to move around in this pack... As fare as I know.
And making a bunch of maps for bibliocraft requires having a paper source.
:/

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Not early enough and not good enough. I lost my home base while out looking for grass to cut down. Witch is one of the only times you need to move around in this pack... As fare as I know.
And making a bunch of maps for bibliocraft requires having a paper source.
:/
Sorry, but mapping is one thing I'm not budging on with this pack. The intention is to use the bibliocraft mapping, or none at all.
Part of the design of the pack is breaking crutches. It's the reason why there is no minimap, no Extra utils, Open Blocks, Thermal Expansion, MFR or Iron Chests. There is so much reliance on them, that people often won't look at other ways of doing things, hence I've taken them away, so that players will consider what other ways there are to do things.

lbjodom

Jul 29, 2019
the only issue i have with the current map setup is that for some reason when i look at a map my frame rate drops to 1 or less and so i dont use the map and it only happens in this pack for some reason