[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Preladon

Jul 29, 2019
(v0.51) - The 'Reclamation' quest (Iron Harvest) requires you to find some Nether Magnesium Ore to complete. However, according to the NetherOres\common.cfg file, it's disabled.

Code:
        magnesium {
            I:BlocksPerGroup=5

# Disables generation of Magnesium (overrides global ForceOreSpawn)
            B:Disable=true

# Force Magnesium to generate (overrides Disable)
            B:Force=false
            I:GroupsPerChunk=4
            I:MaxY=127
            I:MinY=1

# The pickaxe level required to mine Magnesium
            I:MiningLevel=2

# Retroactively generate Magnesium if enabled in CoFHCore
            B:Retrogen=true
        }

ValenceK

Jul 29, 2019
(v0.51) - The 'Reclamation' quest (Iron Harvest) requires you to find some Nether Magnesium Ore to complete. However, according to the NetherOres\common.cfg file, it's disabled.

Code:
        magnesium {
            I:BlocksPerGroup=5

# Disables generation of Magnesium (overrides global ForceOreSpawn)
            B:Disable=true

# Force Magnesium to generate (overrides Disable)
            B:Force=false
            I:GroupsPerChunk=4
            I:MaxY=127
            I:MinY=1

# The pickaxe level required to mine Magnesium
            I:MiningLevel=2

# Retroactively generate Magnesium if enabled in CoFHCore
            B:Retrogen=true
        }

I knew I wasn't crazy!

Spacecowboy

Jul 29, 2019
Breaking a Block of Copper (Forestry for Minecraft) with a Pickaxe gave me a Block of Apatite... Also Forestry. Some Ore Dict. conflict present.

Cobra1117

Jul 29, 2019
Minor bug: The coke furnace requires 26 blocks to build (it's hollow), but the "Not that kind of Coke" quest requires you to craft 27 blocks.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
My bad, I should probably remove that one from the quest...
Breaking a Block of Copper (Forestry for Minecraft) with a Pickaxe gave me a Block of Apatite... Also Forestry. Some Ore Dict. conflict present.
I was wondering how long it would take for someone outside my test server to find this. Guess this means I actually have to fix it for 0.6
Minor bug: The coke furnace requires 26 blocks to build (it's hollow), but the "Not that kind of Coke" quest requires you to craft 27 blocks.
Oops, that's my bad too...

Spacecowboy

Jul 29, 2019
Haven't found any way to craft milk. Essence of Cow is really the only recipe shown, but there are no seeds to get that essence that I could find, and because of that I got held up on the quests. That and the Magnesium ore quest.

Spacecowboy

Jul 29, 2019
@Spacecowboy try crafting a cow spawn egg (you need to craft chicken eggs first though)
This is me facepalming at not thinking about the egg spawns. One thing about this modpack, it really has you digging through NEI over and over and over again with just how changed these recipes are. Been fun, but I think for my sanity I'll wait till the next big update and start poking more at it then. Hell of a fun modpack thus far though.

Summit

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm.... There is both a 0.5.2 and 0.5.3 on the launcher. Both give download errors when trying to load. Just loaded another modpack and it worked fine. Is there another archive to download this pack anywhere?

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Reactions: Summit

Sahid

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, Brand new player here. Just heard about the pack and downloaded it today. I completed the entire "What the world came to be" questline, but it still shows 90% complete for some reason. I am now on "What the World is Made of" but I realized I can only play for 3 minutes a day, every 3 days for the next 12 days to get the iron seed made, since the quest resets every 3 days and I need 3 more essences? I mean I can't do anything else. Can't go to the next quest line, since the first rune requires mana steel, which requires iron, which will take 12 days to make. So am I missing something? Any help is greatly appreciated.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, Brand new player here. Just heard about the pack and downloaded it today. I completed the entire "What the world came to be" questline, but it still shows 90% complete for some reason. I am now on "What the World is Made of" but I realized I can only play for 3 minutes a day, every 3 days for the next 12 days to get the iron seed made, since the quest resets every 3 days and I need 3 more essences? I mean I can't do anything else. Can't go to the next quest line, since the first rune requires mana steel, which requires iron, which will take 12 days to make. So am I missing something? Any help is greatly appreciated.
The idea with those repeatables is that they are set up to encourage you to do multiple of them in parallel. Also, the timer is for MC days, not for real time, so you're vastly overestimating how long it takes those quests to reset.
As for spawn eggs, look at the recipe for a standard chicken egg - the ones that chickens lay randomly, not the spawn egg

Sahid

Jul 29, 2019
Aha, thank you kindly for both answers, thephoenixlodge. This is a huge relief :) Thought I would have to wait 3 days :p

Also, I have never seen this version of Magical Crops, nor this AgriCraft mod. When you harvested regular Magical Craft plants before you used to have a chance to get more than 1 seed drop so you could grow your farm that way. It doesn't work this way here? You can only make additional seeds, not multiply them?

Sahid

Jul 29, 2019
screenshot.jpg
Also, once I upgraded to the 0.5.3, monsters now spawn inside my base, although it is so lit up, it is unreal. A 5x5 room has 6 torches in it, and bigger rooms have a torch every other block. Yet if I go outside, I come back to a mob or two inside my base. Prior to updating to 5.3 today here was not an issue. But so far I left 5 times, 5 mobs spawned. My base has 4 rooms, 9x9, 3x3, 5x5 and 3x7 blocks. 64 torches are lighting up these 4 rooms. That is my entire base and no holes to outside anywhere. Any idea on what is happening?

lbjodom

Jul 29, 2019
Aha, thank you kindly for both answers, thephoenixlodge. This is a huge relief :) Thought I would have to wait 3 days :p

Also, I have never seen this version of Magical Crops, nor this AgriCraft mod. When you harvested regular Magical Craft plants before you used to have a chance to get more than 1 seed drop so you could grow your farm that way. It doesn't work this way here? You can only make additional seeds, not multiply them?
with agricraft if you put two crops with 1 space inbetween and put a double crop in the middle for breeding the seeds will spread to the double crop.