Those little things that irk you about Minecraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, but TPPI isn't very new and it was already put together for them. Attack of the B-team, Hexxit, and most of the other packs are specific to their launcher.
True, they don't seem to make as many packs, but their platform is pretty active. They have a ton of third party packs there

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
So I download Reliquary to add to my pack, set about making lilypads of hilarity to jazz up my farms.

Only, they do literally bugger-all.

I look online and find this is a bug that was fixed in later builds than the one i'm using, so I download the latest build I could find and add that instead.

This causes my MC client to crap its' pants and crash every time I try and load the pack, so I look online again and find I need to delete the java library the mod adds automatically before I add the new version.

So I faff about with that for a bit, eventually get the game to load with the new mod installed...and...

nothing, the new build hasn't fixed a damn thing.

What a colossal waste of effort that was *grumpy*

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I also hate it when I notice a bug, look that my version is outdated, update and the bug is still there
Well if no one reports it...

Reactions: ApSciLiara

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
I like pneumaticraft, but the slime plants get extremely annoying if you do not root them up at their source. I just cleaned up a massive slime plant infestation. The worst part is the slime plants make slimes and the slimes that die make more plants. Its a vicious cycle.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
I like pneumaticraft, but the slime plants get extremely annoying if you do not root them up at their source. I just cleaned up a massive slime plant infestation. The worst part is the slime plants make slimes and the slimes that die make more plants. Its a vicious cycle.
Thanks to this type of planting mechanic, I've never had to manually farm them with the exception of Crash Landing. I just collect them as I explore and i get more than i'll need to get to late game Pneumatic Craft... which is very short and more annoying than the planting mechanic.

yoy1zoz2mom3

Jul 29, 2019
Being overrun with pneumaticraft plants is a pita to clean up, especially if you have been ignoring them all game like I do.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Yep. PneuCraft plants are extremely annoying. The seed dropping idea is fun, but is extremely inconvenient. Especially for those plants which produce a noise. As the multiple, you could begin to create a lot of sound lag.

Which also brings me to the load lag that occurs when you are starting up any TE machine. My FTB is installed on my SSD, and I still have load lag. It sounds like an optimization problem, since MC noises don't do this.

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Yep. PneuCraft plants are extremely annoying. The seed dropping idea is fun, but is extremely inconvenient. Especially for those plants which produce a noise. As the multiple, you could begin to create a lot of sound lag.

Which also brings me to the load lag that occurs when you are starting up any TE machine. My FTB is installed on my SSD, and I still have load lag. It sounds like an optimization problem, since MC noises don't do this.

Could be that KL isn't caching the sounds to reduce RAM usage. But I have no evidence. So don't quote me :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Watching Bevo play Beyond Reality
Seeing how good manasteel equip is
Playing Beyond Reality, setting up Botania stuff
Dropping an iron ingot into the mana pool
Nothing happens
Looking at the manasteel recipe, it requires steel :(

That's what happens if the pack creator watches Let's Plays
Nerfing all the things, patching loopholes everwhere :D

Reactions: Eruantien

Bevo

Jul 29, 2019
Watching Bevo play Beyond Reality
Seeing how good manasteel equip is
Playing Beyond Reality, setting up Botania stuff
Dropping an iron ingot into the mana pool
Nothing happens
Looking at the manasteel recipe, it requires steel :(

That's what happens if the pack creator watches Let's Plays
Nerfing all the things, patching loopholes everwhere :D
Everytime I goto play a pack the day following a video I see it has been updated with a nerf on whatever it was I just made.

What happens when pack and mod devs watch you play. :(

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Haha :D
But seiously there are so many possibilities in a pack this large, many things aren't intended by the pack author. I figure as pack ceator it'd be good to watch someone else playing the pack you created to get an impression of its balance.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Having articles about my own mods marked with "not confirmed" on the wiki. I made the mods, I think I know more about them than anyone else.
Sweet Jesus, its like this old gem:

The_2de74d_2130342.jpg

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I remember one time I wrote an essay for English and apparently I did some stuff like this and my teacher was amazed. I didn't even know what he was taling about when he was breaking down my paper to the entire class. I just nodded along.
Its not that hard, the most you need to develop a literary critique that will have your professors practically wetting their pants in glee is a thesaurus, an understanding of basic Western symbology, and a passable command of the English language. Its one of the reasons I'm glad this semester is the last one I have with any kind of English (and/or Literature) class, its too easy, and thus is incredibly boring. Can't wait to get back into some good old math, especially statistics. I love statistics.

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
Its not that hard, the most you need to develop a literary critique that will have your professors practically wetting their pants in glee is a thesaurus, an understanding of basic Western symbology, and a passable command of the English language. Its one of the reasons I'm glad this semester is the last one I have with any kind of English (and/or Literature) class, its too easy, and thus is incredibly boring. Can't wait to get back into some good old math, especially statistics. I love statistics.
Must... Resist... Urge... To... Correct... Grammar. :p

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese