Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
So, Ag Skies, have scented artificial hive, in a plains biome, surrounded with tons of flowers, and it always reverts. Am I missing something here?

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
So, Ag Skies, have scented artificial hive, in a plains biome, surrounded with tons of flowers, and it always reverts. Am I missing something here?
How many times did you try? The chance is not that high.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to get Galacticraft fuel without looking for oil (e.g. bio-fuel, oil synthesis, etc.)?
There is quite possibly a Mystcraft page to generate it, there is for most other fluids.

Failing that, Mystcraft makes it easy as hell to find oil.

Sent from my Refrigerator using Tapatalk

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
How so?
and also, is there any way to make the mystcraft page I want, and any way to use excess mystcraft pages?
Unfortunately, Mystcraft pages are always random. That's a good balancing factor though since it's such an incredibly powerful mod.

As for the oil, it doesn't take terribly long to find an Oil-specific biome of some sort; deserts and Single Biome are best and easiest to work with. Once you can make an oil biome world, the stuff is quite literally everywhere.

Even easier, if you're running a pack with QuarryPlus, run a Quarry+ and Pump+ and you don't even have to run around placing pumps, it'll pick up all the oil in the area you're quarrying. You'll have an absolutely silly amount in short order. To the point you're going to need Extra Cells to store it.

L0neGamer

Jul 29, 2019
Even easier, if you're running a pack with QuarryPlus, run a Quarry+ and Pump+ and you don't even have to run around placing pumps, it'll pick up all the oil in the area you're quarrying. You'll have an absolutely silly amount in short order. To the point you're going to need Extra Cells to store it.
Darn it, already made the change-over to Digital miner (no moving the miner every half an hour!)
I'm unfamiliar with QuarryPlus (meaning I have never heard of it), how does the Pump+ work?

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Darn it, already made the change-over to Digital miner (no moving the miner every half an hour!)
I'm unfamiliar with QuarryPlus (meaning I have never heard of it), how does the Pump+ work?
Quarry+ is an expansion to the Buildcraft quarries we all know and, well, that some love anyway. It expands the range by a factor of four, for starters. The PumpPlus is an attachment to a QuarryPlus that sucks up fluids (so you don't have to, say, add a water spawn to turn lava into obsidian) - with the right enchants on it and the right item you can make it keep those fluids and output them to the pipe of your choice. So when using one I usually try to specifically quarry an age that has useful fluids.

As an aside, with the insane range of a QuarryPlus, there's no need to move it very often =P

Reactions: L0neGamer