Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

purpleottersquid

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, either syncing issues or low tickrate, although we can only guess without seeing it.

The latter can be caused by a maxed-out CPU, meaning that your world cannot complete all the calculations per tick necessary to keep your world running at realtime speed. Things can get very messy from there.

High CPU load can be caused by other programs (such as antivirus activity, program updates etc.) running in the background. There's also a known glitch with liquid updates; when there is a lot of liquid that needs to calculate a new path to flow down, it can really bog down the client. This can get nasty with quarries where people intentionally place water inside the quarry, which then glitches out when a fast-moving quarry keeps digging out the blocks it tries to flow on. This is a vanilla bug, mind you, it's just that the quarry provokes it. Nukes and other large explosions near liquid do as well.
So is this why my computer sometimes crashes when i blow up nukes in the ocean? It can handle and impressive number in a desert, but anymore than 6 at one in an ocean kills it. Is there a way to minimize the cpu load when i attempt to exploderize an ocean? (the nukes i use are from ic2)

Reactions: L0neGamer

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Need a bit of help, what is the format for "ModID" and "InternalName"?

I'm trying to do this:
"If you have CoFH Core installed, you can type: /cofh clearblocks <YourIGN> 100 200 100 stone dirt water lava gravel sand
Those names following it only works for vanilla blocks, for mod blocks you can use the <ModID>:<InternalName> format. I usually only have to use that for chisel's marble and limestone."

I've tried "Chisel:Limestone" and "Chisel:Marble" but it doesn't work, so either my "ModID" is incorrect, or the "InternalName" is wrong. Help please! How do I find the ModID or the InternalName for a specific block?

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Need a bit of help, what is the format for "ModID" and "InternalName"?
I've tried "Chisel:Limestone" and "Chisel:Marble" but it doesn't work, so either my "ModID" is incorrect, or the "InternalName" is wrong. Help please! How do I find the ModID or the InternalName for a specific block?
If you have Minetweaker you can use "/mt hand"

Else I think NEI has a feature to dump all item names into a file.

Reactions: asb3pe

Radi

Jul 29, 2019
iam plying in latest monster mod pack and it has the power converter mod in game i can make consumers and producers but i can't find the power bridge ? any help is appreciated
i

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
If you have Minetweaker you can use "/mt hand"

Else I think NEI has a feature to dump all item names into a file.

Thank you! The NEI item dump gave me the item names, I never would have guessed them: chisel.limestone and chisel.marble
The modID is just "chisel" in lowercase.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
iam plying in latest monster mod pack and it has the power converter mod in game i can make consumers and producers but i can't find the power bridge ? any help is appreciated
Try searching for the mod name in NEI, maybe then you'll find what you're looking for

The NEI item dump gave me the item names, I never would have guessed them: chisel.limestone and chisel.marble
Who would guess that the name of TiCo aluminum ore was "TConstruct:SearedBrick", metadata 5? :D

Reactions: Radi

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
"Balanced Shards are created by combining any of the six Primal Shards with two each of every other primal aspect. This can be done in a Crucible or automated alchemy device. They are used in the creation of Salis Mundus and Primal Charms."
So... mine a massive area in an ocean. Use water shards as your 6 primals, and then use your usual 2 of everything else :p

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
And which items would I have to use to minimize the leftovers?
Leftovers? As in flux goo/gas?
drawbridges above and below the crucible? And may a sticky piston, with cobble (or something) on it that you can press a button, so that it removes any flux goo that stay on the crucible

Reactions: ljfa

lbap

Jul 29, 2019
I can't seem to get managers/retrievers/whatever to work with the UUM Assembler. I want to make the following item in this order, with the amount of items extracted equal to as follows:

1 iridium ore, 1 diamond, 2 rubies, 9 lapis, 4 iron dust, 10 copper dust, 10 tin dust -> 1 iridium ore....

Using the Mindcack Pack

Last edited:

Donut Legend

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to add vanilla enchantments to a Tinker's Construct pick? I tried adding Unbreaking 3 with it in an anvil and the "Unbreaking 3" shows up in the final anvil slot but I'm wondering if it actually works. BTW I have my pick with the flux addition

efr44738

Jul 29, 2019
"Balanced Shards are created by combining any of the six Primal Shards with two each of every other primal aspect. This can be done in a Crucible or automated alchemy device. They are used in the creation of Salis Mundus and Primal Charms."
So... mine a massive area in an ocean. Use water shards as your 6 primals, and then use your usual 2 of everything else :p
2 each of every other. You actually need all 6 shards.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
What is the best/cheapest way of creating Balanced Shards in Thaumcraft?

I can't say if this is the best way, put personally I'll use:
Fire shard
2 cobblestone (terra and perdito)
2 sugarcane (aer and water (wasted herba))
2 lead ingots (order (wasted metallum) Yes I could use chiseled stone bricks here, and get marginaly less waste, but I kinda got more lead than i know what to do with at the moment.

EDIT: Alternatively mana beans or crystallised essence. I get alot of mana beans from my cursed earth well of suffering. (I live in a magical forest...)

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to add vanilla enchantments to a Tinker's Construct pick? I tried adding Unbreaking 3 with it in an anvil and the "Unbreaking 3" shows up in the final anvil slot but I'm wondering if it actually works. BTW I have my pick with the flux addition
No.
But you can use modifiers to give the same sort of things