Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Jack0928PC

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to create a void age (Using creative). Now for this void age I dont want any floating objects/spheres (the only block I want in it is the platform in which I spawn on) and I want it to replicate the overworld's traits, sky color, sun, however without weather. How would I go about doing this?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to create a void age (Using creative). Now for this void age I dont want any floating objects/spheres (the only block I want in it is the platform in which I spawn on) and I want it to replicate the overworld's traits, sky color, sun, however without weather. How would I go about doing this?
I AM NOT AN EXPERT WITH MYSTCRAFT!
But I believe it is:
void generation, skycolour blue, normal sun, sun length normal, clouds white, no modifiers
(in the correct order, as I know that is wrong)

efr44738

Jul 29, 2019
I AM NOT AN EXPERT WITH MYSTCRAFT!
But I believe it is:
void generation, skycolour blue, normal sun, sun length normal, clouds white, no modifiers
(in the correct order, as I know that is wrong)
You also have to add caves and ravines to prevent mystcraft from adding things like mine shafts or spheres.

Jack0928PC

Jul 29, 2019
You also have to add caves and ravines to prevent mystcraft from adding things like mine shafts or spheres.

In what order? This is the current list im using where do I insert the caves and ravines?
Void
Plains Biome
Single Biome

No Weather

Zenith
Zero Length
Normal Sun
Normal Moon
Normal Stars

Blue
Green
Sky Color

Black
Fog Color

Clear Modifiers

efr44738

Jul 29, 2019
In what order? This is the current list im using where do I insert the caves and ravines?
Void
Plains Biome
Single Biome

No Weather

Zenith
Zero Length
Normal Sun
Normal Moon
Normal Stars

Blue
Green
Sky Color

Black
Fog Color

Clear Modifiers
I wanna say before the clear modifiers, but I'm not positive...

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
I'm looking to use TerraFirmaCraft, so i've decided to make a small private pack. Are there any add-ons or anything that goes very well with it without breaking progression?

seanbrockest

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a block or mod that will simulate a player, for the purposes of mobs spawning and staying spawned?

I have a zombie spawner, with a protected villager nearby. The mobs try to walk towards him but get trapped in a pit in front of a grinder for mob essense.

But of course it only works when one of us is within XX blocks.

Is there a block I can use to simulate the presence of a player?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Is there a block or mod that will simulate a player, for the purposes of mobs spawning and staying spawned?

I have a zombie spawner, with a protected villager nearby. The mobs try to walk towards him but get trapped in a pit in front of a grinder for mob essense.

But of course it only works when one of us is within XX blocks.

Is there a block I can use to simulate the presence of a player?
I don't know of anything that can keep mobs from despawning instantly when there's nobody within 180 blocks, but I do know of a workaround.

Mobs will only insta-despawn if there's a player in the dimension, but not within 180 meters, which I assume is so you can't make the pigmen chasing you through the Nether vanish by stepping through the portal. So, if you set your mob farm up in its own dedicated chunkloaded Mystcraft age, you won't have trouble with the mobs disappearing, if you can find a way to spawn them in an empty age.

This problem can most easily be solved by planting some Cursed Earth (from Extra Utilities) underneath a Vanilla spawner. This won't run as fast as a Cursed Earth-free spawner with a player nearby, but it'll still run. There's also a number of modded spawners that work without nearby players, but all the ones I know about take energy to run, if not some additional reagent as well (such as Mob Essence, in the case of the MFR autospawner).

So, if you're using Vanilla spawners, you can make it work whenever the server is running by putting Cursed Earth under the spawners and building the farm in its own age with a chunkloader.

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
If you're talking about the Factorization stuff, Dark Iron Ore is found really close to bedrock. Usually it spawns around FZ's "broken bedrock" which goes down to y1.
That's where it has been in the past, but I have been tearing up that layer and nothing is there.

If you or anyone has played do you know if the rarity changed.

Medraidas

Jul 29, 2019
That's where it has been in the past, but I have been tearing up that layer and nothing is there.

If you or anyone has played do you know if the rarity changed.
Dark iron ore is found from y1 to about y7 or y8. I have been playing his pack for the last week or so, many different worlds and everytime it is there for me.

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
BTW what's the fastest Furnace possible. Personally I'm using Ender io with Octadic Capacitor but I'm thinking maybe the max out redstone Furnace is faster?

Veggetossj

Jul 29, 2019
Ive been working on a Node in the DW20 1.0.1 pack and i cant get it past the 63 perditio by feeding it other nodes. is there an upper limit? how do i know what the upper limit is?

efr44738

Jul 29, 2019
Ive been working on a Node in the DW20 1.0.1 pack and i cant get it past the 63 perditio by feeding it other nodes. is there an upper limit? how do i know what the upper limit is?
The chance of a node growing is 1/the number of vis. So if you have a node with 20 perdito, you have a 5%chance of the node going to 21 perdito. If you have 85 perdito, you would have a 1.8% chance of going to 86 perdito. The bigger the node gets, the slower it grows.