Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
But all the cobble! (it's worth it by the sound of it)
Thanks!
It has an extremely high initial investment, but after that you really only need to run it once or twice to supply you for a very long time. Which if nothing else is valuable from a server load perspective.

Sent from my Refrigerator using Tapatalk

Reactions: L0neGamer

L0neGamer

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anyway to get ender pearls more easily than just camping out a night? (short of going to the end, I don't have the ender pearls for that!)

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
MFR spawner (but you need a mob farm and ender pearls for that).
Ender Lillies, though they are quite slow.
The Ender sword, gives more pearls per Endermen kill I believe.
Looting on your sword.

Early on, I hunt Endermen on plains / deserts, and try and make 2 block high overhangs to stand under, so you can aggro the enderman from a distance, and be safe under the overhang.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anyway to get ender pearls more easily than just camping out a night? (short of going to the end, I don't have the ender pearls for that!)
Which pack?

Most of them have ender lily seeds as chest drops, you can grow pearls that way.

Magical Crops and bees are also possibilities. I know there's a Mariculture fish for it as well but I think you have to go to the end to breed it.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, you're talking about the Dynamite Fishing Rod.
Fishing rods can also pull stuff to you, which is so unsexy when you do it with a creeper you were planning to shoot from inside your highly-vulnerable infrastructure.

L0neGamer

Jul 29, 2019
Early on, I hunt Endermen on plains / deserts, and try and make 2 block high overhangs to stand under, so you can aggro the enderman from a distance, and be safe under the overhang.
How do you do that without being interrupted by skeletons, creepers and zombies?

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
How do you do that without being interrupted by skeletons, creepers and zombies?
Mostly, mobs will spawn too far away to aggro. If you stay still, a few zombies might wander up to you but you shouldn't have too many interruptions. You could also stand on a 5x5 2-block pillar to keep the other mobs away, with a 3x3 ceiling so Endermen can get close to you .

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
Mostly, mobs will spawn too far away to aggro. If you stay still, a few zombies might wander up to you but you shouldn't have too many interruptions. You could also stand on a 5x5 2-block pillar to keep the other mobs away, with a 3x3 ceiling so Endermen can get close to you .
Pretty much, plus a bow. You want to keep killing other mobs so that you have a greater chance of getting Endermen in mob turnover.

PokeMaserJ

Jul 29, 2019
I have an idea, some might think it is too crazy to work, and some might think it might JUST be crazy enough to work. Unified launcher, by this I mean a launcher that has the capabilities to launch all three launchers; FTB Tekkit, and AT. The image I have in my head (this doesn't have to be how it ends up) is that there is a main screen with a rotating selection of launchers. There would be arrows for selecting what launcher you want to play with, for example. You press the right arrow and it goes from FTB to Tekkit, then press it again to go from Tekkit to AT, the one last time to go from AT to FTB. This might be a LOT of work, but I think it would make the community closer together.

L0neGamer

Jul 29, 2019
I have an idea, some might think it is too crazy to work, and some might think it might JUST be crazy enough to work. Unified launcher, by this I mean a launcher that has the capabilities to launch all three launchers; FTB Tekkit, and AT.
I believe that both AT and FTB spit on Tekkit, although I may be wrong. It's something to do with the fact that Tekkit doesn't respect mod authors, while the other two do.

PokeMaserJ

Jul 29, 2019
I believe that both AT and FTB spit on Tekkit, although I may be wrong. It's something to do with the fact that Tekkit doesn't respect mod authors, while the other two do.
I heard someone say that FTB and Tekkit did a panel together and they were ok with each other. I personally can't say I've seen it anywhere though.

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
Go to the desert (Endermen stand out against the light background), pillar up 4 blocks, and look at the Endermen to get them to teleport to you. They'll stand at the base and let you kill them, and somehow don't know how to reach up to hit you.

Jack0928PC

Jul 29, 2019
Just coming back to FTB and im playing the new Direwolf20 pack. Whats the new form of transferring RF energy as Energy conduits are no longer in the game?

purpleottersquid

Jul 29, 2019
Once I saw a video on youtube and the person was using something and he could see all his stuff and choose what he needed. Could someone tell me what block this could be and how to use it ? thx
He could be using and AE system, I've just started getting one running in Material energy^3 and they're amazing

purpleottersquid

Jul 29, 2019
Nonmod related question but rather one related to the forums, what's adding signature to you profile do? If theres a thread I'm supposed to ask for questions like this could some one point me in the right direction? thanks!