1. Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

Discussion in 'General FTB chat' started by HeffronCM, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Dorque

Dorque Popular Member

So, Ag Skies, have scented artificial hive, in a plains biome, surrounded with tons of flowers, and it always reverts. Am I missing something here?

2. ljfa

ljfa Too Much Free Time FTB Mod Dev

How many times did you try? The chance is not that high.

3. Dorque

Dorque Popular Member

Fair enough, I'll keep at it. I'm maybe too used to "do the thing, get the results".

Sent from my Refrigerator using Tapatalk

4. L0neGamer

L0neGamer Active Member

Is there any way to get Galacticraft fuel without looking for oil (e.g. bio-fuel, oil synthesis, etc.)?

5. Dorque

Dorque Popular Member

There is quite possibly a Mystcraft page to generate it, there is for most other fluids.

Failing that, Mystcraft makes it easy as hell to find oil.

6. L0neGamer

L0neGamer Active Member

How so?
    and also, is there any way to make the mystcraft page I want, and any way to use excess mystcraft pages?

7. Dorque

Dorque Popular Member

Unfortunately, Mystcraft pages are always random. That's a good balancing factor though since it's such an incredibly powerful mod.

As for the oil, it doesn't take terribly long to find an Oil-specific biome of some sort; deserts and Single Biome are best and easiest to work with. Once you can make an oil biome world, the stuff is quite literally everywhere.

Even easier, if you're running a pack with QuarryPlus, run a Quarry+ and Pump+ and you don't even have to run around placing pumps, it'll pick up all the oil in the area you're quarrying. You'll have an absolutely silly amount in short order. To the point you're going to need Extra Cells to store it.

8. L0neGamer

L0neGamer Active Member

Darn it, already made the change-over to Digital miner (no moving the miner every half an hour!)
    I'm unfamiliar with QuarryPlus (meaning I have never heard of it), how does the Pump+ work?

9. Dorque

Dorque Popular Member

Quarry+ is an expansion to the Buildcraft quarries we all know and, well, that some love anyway. It expands the range by a factor of four, for starters. The PumpPlus is an attachment to a QuarryPlus that sucks up fluids (so you don't have to, say, add a water spawn to turn lava into obsidian) - with the right enchants on it and the right item you can make it keep those fluids and output them to the pipe of your choice. So when using one I usually try to specifically quarry an age that has useful fluids.

As an aside, with the insane range of a QuarryPlus, there's no need to move it very often =P

L0neGamer likes this.
  10. L0neGamer

L0neGamer Active Member

But all the cobble! (it's worth it by the sound of it)
    Thanks!

11. Dorque

Dorque Popular Member

It has an extremely high initial investment, but after that you really only need to run it once or twice to supply you for a very long time. Which if nothing else is valuable from a server load perspective.

L0neGamer likes this.
  12. L0neGamer

L0neGamer Active Member

Is there anyway to get ender pearls more easily than just camping out a night? (short of going to the end, I don't have the ender pearls for that!)

13. loboca

loboca Well-Known Member

MFR spawner (but you need a mob farm and ender pearls for that).
    Ender Lillies, though they are quite slow.
    The Ender sword, gives more pearls per Endermen kill I believe.
    Looting on your sword.

Early on, I hunt Endermen on plains / deserts, and try and make 2 block high overhangs to stand under, so you can aggro the enderman from a distance, and be safe under the overhang.

L0neGamer likes this.
  14. Dorque

Dorque Popular Member

Which pack?

Most of them have ender lily seeds as chest drops, you can grow pearls that way.

Magical Crops and bees are also possibilities. I know there's a Mariculture fish for it as well but I think you have to go to the end to breed it.

15. jordsta95

jordsta95 Over-Achiever FTB Mod Dev Retired Staff

Or if the pack has EE3 then you can make enderpearls from 4 iron

16. darkeshrine

darkeshrine Well-Known Member

Why Fishing Rods? I can understand the rest.

17. Eruantien

Eruantien Forum Addict

IDK. Perhaps it's the MFR one, or you're going to use it for crafting that rune of water and then it's used once, and is totally USELESS.

18. darkeshrine

darkeshrine Well-Known Member

Oh, you're talking about the Dynamite Fishing Rod.

Eruantien likes this.
  19. Dorque

Dorque Popular Member

Fishing rods can also pull stuff to you, which is so unsexy when you do it with a creeper you were planning to shoot from inside your highly-vulnerable infrastructure.

20. L0neGamer

L0neGamer Active Member

How do you do that without being interrupted by skeletons, creepers and zombies?