Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

L0neGamer

Jul 29, 2019
For the second one, I'd suggest uninstalling Java 8 and installing 7. Java 8 still has a lot of quirks that seem to break Minecraft from time to time.
Just tried that, still gets minecraft closing when minimised: error log
As can be seen on line 6 i am running the latest Java 7, version 71.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
So in DW20, you need enderIO silicon to make silicon presses for AE2 processors, it seems AE removed its own silicon in the new version without removing the need for it.

How would you go about playing a modpack that has AE2 but not enderIO? Purely hypothetical for me, since both are on my "DO WANT!" list, but it seems odd that a mod like this would make itself contingent on other mods by completely different authors...

L0neGamer

Jul 29, 2019
So in DW20, you need enderIO silicon to make silicon presses for AE2 processors, it seems AE removed its own silicon in the new version without removing the need for it.

How would you go about playing a modpack that has AE2 but not enderIO? Purely hypothetical for me, since both are on my "DO WANT!" list, but it seems odd that a mod like this would make itself contingent on other mods by completely different authors...
It may be an ore dictionary thing AE2 has got on, so you don't have 2 or more different types of silicon like you have five different types of copper.

cris.p.33

Jul 29, 2019
This is probably super obvious but I haven't found a solution in two days. When I download some quest modpacks, like Wander Lust Reloaded, Clouds of Darkness, Running Red etc, they don't come with maps, I don't see any maps on the maps tab of ftb launcher, and I can't seem to find them in Google. Where do I get them from?

Tauro

Jul 29, 2019
AE Storage bus question:

In the below screenshot, why can't I access anything further than the 7 barrels you see? Is that a bug or has something changed in AE since MC 1.6 version?

2014-11-22_13.34.54.png

Codraroll

Jul 29, 2019
Don't know about the bug portion. But if you can locate your player.dat file. You can edit it with a program like NBTExplorer. Using NBTExplorer you should be able to locate the delete the jetpack out of your inventory. Make a backup copy of your player.dat file to be on the safe side.
Thanks a lot! I managed to get it to work. Now my world is back to normal, although my dream of flight is postponed slightly. I think I'll go for the IC2 Electric Jetpack instead...

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Which button do I use to play with my forms in Morph in the new DW20 pack?

It doesn't seem to appear in the controls menu

Codraroll

Jul 29, 2019
Morph is kind of frustrating the way it doesn't show up in the controls menu. If you happen to not have an English keyboard, you're basically delegated to having to press keys at random. I haven't managed to find the right keys yet myself on my Norwegian keyboard.

efr44738

Jul 29, 2019
Morph is kind of frustrating the way it doesn't show up in the controls menu. If you happen to not have an English keyboard, you're basically delegated to having to press keys at random. I haven't managed to find the right keys yet myself on my Norwegian keyboard.
When you open options, you can press o to open ichun 's mod controls.

Reactions: Codraroll

Codraroll

Jul 29, 2019
...and just as I got that information, the mod pack updated, and it seems like Morph was removed from the mod list (and so was Progressive Automation, so suddenly my base's main power supply was gutted. Oh well, it took less than a minute to replace it with (better) ExUt generators). Oh well, now I know, in case it is added back some time.

By the way, the pack I'm playing is a 1.7.10 tech pack. I think I've figured out mostly how things work, but I'm still looking for some inspiration. Do any of you know about a good Let's Play series featuring an 1.7 tech pack? Back in the FTB Ultimate days, I watched this series, and am looking for something similar for 1.7. That is, not a series of tutorials, but also a sort of "adventure". Anybody have a series to recommend?